BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Coils voltage Empty Coils voltage Sat Mar 29, 2014 9:39 am

nino

Life time member
Life time member
Hi all, aflter cleaning contacts, solving air leaks, etc I measured coils and found this:
coil cyl 1 - 4 no zero, nada, Ohm,
coil cyl 2 - 3  10, 5 kohm. Could it be the cause of erratical idle

Regards

2Back to top Go down   Coils voltage Empty Re: Coils voltage Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:00 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I presume this is measured across the High voltage terminals. They should be around 10000 ohms as one is reading zero it needs to be replaced. There are 2 types for a K100 8v the early ones were a very dark grey and later were black/dark brown with orange towers at the high voltage terminals. The later ones were a much better coil and are interchangeable.
Not sure how you are for import tax etc but I get a lot of gear from EME and find them very good to deal with
http://www.euromotoelectrics.com/category-s/950.htm

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   Coils voltage Empty Re: Coils voltage Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:18 am

nino

Life time member
Life time member
Yes, I measured on terminals. Coils are black 1985. Bike was flooded few months ago. Thanks Rick

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum