BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


1Back to top Go down    BSK Speedworks on Sat May 17, 2014 8:28 am

floyd

avatar
Life time member
Life time member
wow. Ill take 2 of each please.

Anyone got any of this kit?

Particularly the ECU stuff?


__________________________________________________
K100 with lots of K1100 bits - mongrel of a thing...
    

2Back to top Go down    Re: BSK Speedworks on Sat May 17, 2014 10:20 am

RicK G

avatar
VIP
VIP
Er linkys


__________________________________________________
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." from Mencken's 1919 Prejudices

Bikes 1993 K1100 LT, 1998 K1100 LT, 1993 K75 RT, 1996 K75RT, 1986 K75 GS, 1979 Z1300 Kawasaki X 2 for now
    

3Back to top Go down    Re: BSK Speedworks on Sat May 17, 2014 10:22 am

floyd

avatar
Life time member
Life time member
BSK Speedworks

Here is theirK-Performance Partspage.

Very tasty.


__________________________________________________
K100 with lots of K1100 bits - mongrel of a thing...
    

4Back to top Go down    Re: BSK Speedworks on Sat May 17, 2014 10:51 am

RicK G

avatar
VIP
VIP
I will have 2 of each pleaseTwisted Evil


__________________________________________________
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." from Mencken's 1919 Prejudices

Bikes 1993 K1100 LT, 1998 K1100 LT, 1993 K75 RT, 1996 K75RT, 1986 K75 GS, 1979 Z1300 Kawasaki X 2 for now
    

5Back to top Go down    Re: BSK Speedworks on Sun May 18, 2014 8:35 am

floyd

avatar
Life time member
Life time member
yep....havnt even finished my first 'assembly' yet (not really a 'build', no MAJOR work being done...)

Anyways, I can see round 2 already....

K1100 frame/tank
K1100 bottom end
K100 head - ported, flowed, valves done, cams grinded etc etc
BSK throttle bodies
BSK ECU complete system
BSK 4-1 collector
Remus/Staintune exhaust
BSK rear sets
GSXR1000 front end
paralever rear
RAM rear shock
Early K100RS body work - maybe paint it like one of the 2 tone specials, or just the original metalic blue like my 84RS.

I quite like the lean, almost raised stance of the early RS's.

Ahhh to dream...


__________________________________________________
K100 with lots of K1100 bits - mongrel of a thing...
    

6Back to top Go down    Re: BSK Speedworks on Sun May 18, 2014 10:11 am

RicK G

avatar
VIP
VIP
Don't do what a friend did and that was build a yacht to sail the world then found he liked building yachts and never did sail round the world.


__________________________________________________
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." from Mencken's 1919 Prejudices

Bikes 1993 K1100 LT, 1998 K1100 LT, 1993 K75 RT, 1996 K75RT, 1986 K75 GS, 1979 Z1300 Kawasaki X 2 for now
    

7Back to top Go down    Re: BSK Speedworks on Sun May 18, 2014 7:07 pm

floyd

avatar
Life time member
Life time member
Checkout this stufftoo. They manufacture some of the components on the BSK page. They do it for the K head on mini engine conversions.


__________________________________________________
K100 with lots of K1100 bits - mongrel of a thing...
    

8Back to top Go down    BSK is good stuff on Sun May 18, 2014 7:32 pm

papajhotel

avatar
active member
active member
I have rear sets, very well made.


__________________________________________________
1984 K100RS
2005 K1200R
    

9Back to top Go down    Re: BSK Speedworks on Mon May 19, 2014 2:57 am

Two Wheels Better

avatar
Moderator
Moderator
These blokes are members. They manufacture that wonderful exhaust collector for sale somewhere round this joint. Here 'tis...

BSK


__________________________________________________

1987 K100RS, '93 Framed K11/K12 engine 'Big Block', '09 K1300GT, '07 K1200R, '04 R1150RT, '95 R100 Mystic, '77 R75/7.
Sniff...can you smell that? I think it might be bullsh*t.

    

10Back to top Go down    Re: BSK Speedworks on Mon May 19, 2014 3:24 am

HeikkiL

avatar
active member
active member
Ordered rear sets and exhaust collector - simply because they were the best solutions available for my project.Smile

http://www.heikkil.net
    

11Back to top Go down    Re: BSK Speedworks on Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:35 pm

Mossy1200

avatar
Platinum member
Platinum member
Question about the BST rearset kit.

Is that the full kit?
Im trying to work out if the basic kit includes the gearshift link bar and shaft clamp.
Im assuming the stock brembo master would fit the rearsets.

    

12Back to top Go down    Re: BSK Speedworks on Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:23 pm

HeikkiL

avatar
active member
active member
@Mossy1200 wrote:Question about the BST rearset kit.

Is that the full kit?
Im trying to work out if the basic kit includes the gearshift link bar and shaft clamp.
Im assuming the stock brembo master would fit the rearsets.
That one is the full kit.

As their www site says:

Kit form consists of gearbox mounting brackets, levers, toe pegs, footrests, bushes and stainless fixings, allowing you to fit to your own gear box input shaft setup and master cylinder.

The complete kit consists of the above plus rose joint, dog-leg gear change linkage rod in stainless steel, modified standard gear lever for the gear change input shaft, reconditioned or new Brembo master cylinder and all stainless fixings.

http://www.heikkil.net
    

13Back to top Go down    Re: BSK Speedworks on Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:28 pm

Mossy1200

avatar
Platinum member
Platinum member
@HeikkiL wrote:
@Mossy1200 wrote:Question about the BST rearset kit.

Is that the full kit?
Im trying to work out if the basic kit includes the gearshift link bar and shaft clamp.
Im assuming the stock brembo master would fit the rearsets.
That one is the full kit.

As their www site says:

Kit form consists of gearbox mounting brackets, levers, toe pegs, footrests, bushes and stainless fixings, allowing you to fit to your own gear box input shaft setup and master cylinder.

The complete kit consists of the above plus rose joint, dog-leg gear change linkage rod in stainless steel, modified standard gear lever for the gear change input shaft, reconditioned or new Brembo master cylinder and all stainless fixings.
Yes just got a hold of them.
Getting more money together. Exchange rate kills us Kiwis and we have 15% gst to add plus import customs fees. Its likely to be the same price as the bike.

    

14Back to top Go down    Re: BSK Speedworks on Sat Sep 06, 2014 1:34 am

Kyle10

avatar
Life time member
Life time member
Salivating over that4-1 Collector, but it's $408.00 USD delivered.

That would exhaust my budget (a muffled cry).


__________________________________________________
1985 K100rt 0052183
1983 Honda VF750 007713
    

15Back to top Go down    Re: BSK Speedworks on Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:46 am

floyd

avatar
Life time member
Life time member
@Mossy1200 wrote:
@HeikkiL wrote:
@Mossy1200 wrote:Question about the BST rearset kit.

Is that the full kit?
Im trying to work out if the basic kit includes the gearshift link bar and shaft clamp.
Im assuming the stock brembo master would fit the rearsets.
That one is the full kit.

As their www site says:

Kit form consists of gearbox mounting brackets, levers, toe pegs, footrests, bushes and stainless fixings, allowing you to fit to your own gear box input shaft setup and master cylinder.

The complete kit consists of the above plus rose joint, dog-leg gear change linkage rod in stainless steel, modified standard gear lever for the gear change input shaft, reconditioned or new Brembo master cylinder and all stainless fixings.
Yes just got a hold of them.
Getting more money together. Exchange rate kills us Kiwis and we have 15% gst to add plus import customs fees. Its likely to be the same price as the bike.


That sucks. In Aus we only pay tax and customs when its over $1000.


__________________________________________________
K100 with lots of K1100 bits - mongrel of a thing...
    

16Back to top Go down    Re: BSK Speedworks on Sat Sep 06, 2014 7:15 am

Dai

avatar
Life time member
Life time member
@floyd wrote:That sucks. In Aus we only pay tax and customs when its over $1000.
I'm so jealous. I've just paid U$5.0 customs and excise on an U$11.00 purchase - then Pitney-Bowes charged me a further U$8.0 for the privilege of taking the original U$5.0 off me.

    

17Back to top Go down    Re: BSK Speedworks on Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:59 am

Motorbike Mike

avatar
Life time member
Life time member
@HeikkiL wrote:Ordered rear sets and exhaust collector - simply because they were the best solutions available for my project.Smile

I hadn't seen the BSK rear sets and made my own out of necessity




I'm surprised at the similarities.
Either I'm nearly right or we're both wrong!! Lol Very Happy

    

18Back to top Go down    Re: BSK Speedworks on Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:06 am

KafeRacer

avatar
Silver member
Silver member
@Motorbike Mike wrote:
@HeikkiL wrote:Ordered rear sets and exhaust collector - simply because they were the best solutions available for my project.Smile

I hadn't seen the BSK rear sets and made my own out of necessity




I'm surprised at the similarities.
Either I'm nearly right or we're both wrong!! Lol Very Happy

Looks great, can you share details of how you made them, IE, what did you purchase, and what did you fabricate? Do you have any templates/measurements. I have been debating between purchasing the BSK set, or fabricating my own.

Thanks. Dave


__________________________________________________
Dave Evans
'Kafe Racer'
kaferacer.wordpress.com

1990 K75RT
1985 K100 Kafe Racer
http://kaferacer.wordpress.com
    

19Back to top Go down    Re: BSK Speedworks on Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:15 am

blaKey

avatar
Life time member
Life time member
I would love a set of those rearsets! Cool


__________________________________________________
Neil
K100RS 1986 RED!

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.
    

20Back to top Go down    Re: BSK Speedworks on Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:29 am

Motorbike Mike

avatar
Life time member
Life time member
@KafeRacer wrote:
@Motorbike Mike wrote:
@HeikkiL wrote:Ordered rear sets and exhaust collector - simply because they were the best solutions available for my project.Smile

I hadn't seen the BSK rear sets and made my own out of necessity




I'm surprised at the similarities.
Either I'm nearly right or we're both wrong!! Lol Very Happy

Looks great, can you share details of how you made them, IE, what did you purchase, and what did you fabricate? Do you have any templates/measurements. I have been debating between purchasing the BSK set, or fabricating my own.

Thanks. Dave
The most difficult part of making footrests for me is deciding where the pegs are going to be.
I sat on a few bikes to get a feel for how I wanted to sit and then measured seat to pegs height distance and where the pegs were in linear relation to the seat. i.e. looking from the side how far along/back the pegs were from the front of the seat-halfway,3/4's back from the front edge. If that makes any sense!
I roughly made 2 plates from 6mm Duralloy plated and bolted them to the bike.
To get both pegs in the same place I used fixed reference points on the bike to mark the peg position,e.g the swing arm pivot and a bolt in the same place on both sides,scribe from two fixed points to make sure both pegs are in the same place.
I've tried to show what I mean with the two Orange lines below.


Any generic rear set could be used but I chose Barleycorn Engineering footrests as they're such nice quality.
Leave enough material on the right to allow for your choice of hydraulic master cylinder.

Go on! Have a play.

    

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum