BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]


1Back to top Go down   RT front brake line Empty RT front brake line on Sat May 31, 2014 5:51 pm

martyman

martyman
Silver member
Silver member
I'm in the process of doing an RS to RT handle bar conversion with the help of Robmack...The only piece I'm missing is the front brake line, does anyone know if I can just take an RT brake line and put it onto my RS?

    

2Back to top Go down   RT front brake line Empty Re: RT front brake line on Sat May 31, 2014 6:18 pm

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
Which part are you talking about? From the callipers up or the bit between the steering head and the master cylinder? You could check the usual sites if the part number of what you have is applicable to the intended configuration?


__________________________________________________
Greetings from Florida! Having a 'new' K  :cyclops:    Surprised-o: 

Rene


BMW K100 - 1985 (0030029) RT front brake line Rain
BMW K1200GT - 2003 (ZK01223)
    

3Back to top Go down   RT front brake line Empty Re: RT front brake line on Sat May 31, 2014 6:23 pm

martyman

martyman
Silver member
Silver member
@ReneZ wrote:Which part are you talking about? From the callipers up or the bit between the steering head and the master cylinder? You could check the usual sites if the part number of what you have is applicable to the intended configuration?

From steering head to master cylinder...

    

4Back to top Go down   RT front brake line Empty Re: RT front brake line on Sat May 31, 2014 6:49 pm

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
I don't think so, but as indicated - Look at REALOEM for the part for your bike, then go back to the first page and put that part no in and see if it was also applicable to an RT, then you know :-) (Or look in the RT section how long it should be).


__________________________________________________
Greetings from Florida! Having a 'new' K  :cyclops:    Surprised-o: 

Rene


BMW K100 - 1985 (0030029) RT front brake line Rain
BMW K1200GT - 2003 (ZK01223)
    

5Back to top Go down   RT front brake line Empty Re: RT front brake line on Sat May 31, 2014 7:32 pm

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
Marty is looking for the line that goes from the MC to the union joint just below the RS-SE fairing.  From that union, the line goes to the left caliper.

I think it would be better to have a braided stainless steel line made up to replace the OEM components.  It can be as long as necessary to accommodate the RT bars, as well as improve the braking feel.


__________________________________________________
Robert
1987 K75 @k75retro.blogspot.ca
http://k75retro.blogspot.ca/
    

6Back to top Go down   RT front brake line Empty Re: RT front brake line on Sat May 31, 2014 8:13 pm

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
@martyman wrote:The only piece I'm missing is the front brake line, does anyone know if I can just take an RT brake line and put it onto my RS?


The RS brake line is 142mm and the RT line is 249mm, it then would have the
shape of a slalom piste....doable, with fresh hoses it would be OK..with the 20+
 years old hoses on our bikes...I don't know if it's that smart.


__________________________________________________
Inge K.
K100RS -86. (first owner), K1100LTSE -94.
    

7Back to top Go down   RT front brake line Empty Re: RT front brake line on Sat May 31, 2014 9:00 pm

RicK G

RicK G
VIP
VIP
I would use stainless braided hoses with a separate hose to each caliper from the bottom of the steering head and the top hose as well. They do seem to have a 20 year life as both our bikes are 20 years old and I have had a few lines fail recently and replaced all with stainless braided.


__________________________________________________
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats."  from Mencken's 1919 Prejudices

Bikes 1993 K1100 LT, 1998 K1100 LT, 1993 K75 RT, 1996 K75RT, 1986 K75 GS, 1979 Z1300 Kawasaki X 2 for now
    

8Back to top Go down   RT front brake line Empty Re: RT front brake line on Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:07 am

martyman

martyman
Silver member
Silver member
@Inge K. wrote:
@martyman wrote:The only piece I'm missing is the front brake line, does anyone know if I can just take an RT brake line and put it onto my RS?


The RS brake line is 142mm and the RT line is 249mm, it then would have the
shape of a slalom piste....doable, with fresh hoses it would be OK..with the 20+
 years old hoses on our bikes...I don't know if it's that smart.

Slalom piste  Laughing  thank you for the information on the 249 mm

    

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum