BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Transformed again Sat May 31, 2014 9:32 pm

Waz

Waz
Life time member
Life time member
I am about to clean up an old police bike that was converted to an endurance racer then a camping side car then to a solo.
Photos from Phils collection.
Transformed again Img_2710
Transformed again Img_1010

Bought from Rockman a couple of weeks ago in Inverell a 16 hour return drive with my son, he hated the bike and the trip but that doesn't matter because I loved it and enjoyed every hour I tourchered him.
Transformed again Img_0510
Transformed again Img_0511
As soon as I fitted blinkers and tail light my son who hates it took off on it and has hardly lifted his rs off it, he still claims to hate it but will not get off it.

Just got back from a run to Orange a 9 hour return drive to get almost evey thing I will need. Son was not interested ( he was out on my bike) so his mother had to suffer the trip west.
Now have a complete lt fairing and another DJP sidecar frame, rear wheel hub adaptor for car tyre and a couple of bodies to chose from. Can't thank Col enough.
Transformed again Img_0512

Waz

R1200GS
650 Vstrom

2Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Re: Transformed again Sat May 31, 2014 9:52 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
OoooHHoo worst case of K-pox I have ever seen.

Do you think you can save him doctor or has it gone too far?

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Re: Transformed again Sat May 31, 2014 11:39 pm

Waz

Waz
Life time member
Life time member
I think I still need a naked and a K1 for a full set.

My wife blames all of you.

R1200GS
650 Vstrom

4Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Non comfy Sat May 31, 2014 11:47 pm

Garyk100

Garyk100
Gold member
Gold member
I too would be pissed if I had to kneel in the chair for 16 hours, zorst looks good

1991 K100rs16v

5Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Re: Transformed again Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:03 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Waz wrote:My wife blames all of you.
I got broad shoulders.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

6Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Re: Transformed again Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:09 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
wow waz ...
keep at it mate

will be watching

cheers

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

7Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Re: Transformed again Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:16 am

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
Hey Waz , that's a great project , you've got some good bits , I'm looking forward to seeing that come together.
So young Waz is a closet K rider now! Lets hope he comes out of the closet one day, and realizes how good the Ks are.

98 K1100lt: Vin 8044

8Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Re: Transformed again Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:42 am

k-wopper

k-wopper
Silver member
Silver member
"Tourchered" I love it. Been there done that!
Rob
p.s I want a side hack

9Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Re: Transformed again Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:00 am

Life time member
Life time member
I like  proper K wheel on the hack Transformed again 112350

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

K1 - 1989 - AKA Titan (unique K1/K1100RS hybrid by Andreas Esterhammer)
K1100RS - 1995. AKA Rudolf Von Schmurf (in a million bits)
K100RS - 1991 AKA Ronnie. Cafe racer project bike
K75RTP - 1994
K75C - 1991 AKA Jim Beam. In boxes. 
K1100LT 1992 - AKA Big Red (gone)
K100LT - 1988 - AKA the Bullion brick. Should never have sold it.

10Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Re: Transformed again Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:26 pm

Rockman

Life time member
Life time member
Good stuff Waz. Hope you have a good run with it. I'll be interested to see how it ends up this time around.

11Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Re: Transformed again Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:56 pm

Waz

Waz
Life time member
Life time member
Lets hope he comes out of the closet one day, and realizes how good the Ks are.

He knows how good they are but he refuses to admit it to me. I have been brain washing him for years just like my old man preached the K word to me, dad was amazed how ahead of there time the K's were. I think they still are ahead of a lot of new builds. I can not understand why thay are not more expensive. They are classic. Look what you started Smithy. I'll stop now.

Thanks Phil
It will have the wedge shape body and sit a little bit lower this time. Still undecided on colour.
I don't think it will be that hard most of it is just painting and fitting the bits, as you would know there is nothing to do mechanically.

Will starting after the long week end. I have to finish the RS this weekend before I start another.

R1200GS
650 Vstrom

12Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Re: Transformed again Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:00 am

Waz

Waz
Life time member
Life time member
I have been hunting around wreckers with a hub adaptor in my hand trying to find a suitable rim. Found a space saver spare wheel and tyre to fit the hub adaptor then replaced the 80klm speed limited little tyre with a 145 80 15. It was easier than I though it would be. Still have to remove the sticker

Transformed again Img_0612
Transformed again Img_0613

R1200GS
650 Vstrom

13Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Re: Transformed again Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:04 am

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
I've got the same tyre but in 165/80-15 (near enough to the same circumference as the original size).  Good tyre.

Al

+ another boxer engined motorcycle and sidecar

"When I'm too old and too foolish to handle a sidecar I'll buy a Sportsbike"

Transformed again K-dogs10

14Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Re: Transformed again Mon Jun 16, 2014 5:13 am

Waz

Waz
Life time member
Life time member
Glad to hear it's a good one, will it make much difference to speedo?

R1200GS
650 Vstrom

15Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Re: Transformed again Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:00 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
good to hear you getting the rear sorted Waz. easy cleaning with that rim too, well done.
nice stuff there from Col as well.
does anyone know where I might get hold of a torsion axle for the DJP frame? mine is lacking this at present.

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
Transformed again 10_x_110

16Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Re: Transformed again Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:44 am

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
Waz wrote:Glad to hear it's a good one, will it make much difference to speedo?
Just crunched the numbers in Excel.  3% more revs for the same speed with the 165, 9% more  for the 145.

Al

17Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Re: Transformed again Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:51 am

Waz

Waz
Life time member
Life time member
I have an old one if you want it. It has a mini hub.

Transformed again Img_0614

This one you can adjust the angle you attach the arm to raise or lower hight. I can get the name from the box tomorrow if you want to order a new one.
Transformed again Img_0615

R1200GS
650 Vstrom

18Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Re: Transformed again Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:53 am

Waz

Waz
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks AL

R1200GS
650 Vstrom

19Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Re: Transformed again Mon Jun 16, 2014 8:21 am

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
groverK wrote:
does anyone know where I might get hold of a torsion axle for the DJP frame? mine is lacking this at present.
Looks like this:
Transformed again L_11256

http://www.trailerwarehouse.com.au/contents/en-us/d30.html

Most people I've seen seem to have replaced it with some sort of swingarm/shock absorber combo.

Al

20Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Re: Transformed again Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:32 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I wouldn't use one of those rubber things for any money. They bounce twice as bad as a leaf spring and have no way to put a good shockie on them.  We used them on the boat trailers until we had some customers complaining the aluminium boats were cracking up if they towed long distance.
To put it quite bluntly they are crap.

21Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Re: Transformed again Mon Jun 16, 2014 4:58 pm

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
AL-58 wrote:
groverK wrote:
Looks like this:

Most people I've seen seem to have replaced it with some sort of swingarm/shock absorber combo.

Al
thats the one folks, mine has been replaced or modified with a full width axle with some crude shockie mount attached on the bike side.
I wanted to give it some clean original lines.

2018 Kart upgrade.

22Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Re: Transformed again Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:01 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks for the offer Waz , hope to catch up with you soon , and swap some axle parts over.
we might even manage a workshop day .

not sure if it's me or the angle of the pic , does the orange rig have extra ground clearance to the original RT.
is it possible to get extra pics of your under seat cross brace that holds the rear strut mount for the chair, assuming that is what can be seen on the bike frame.

2018 Kart upgrade.

23Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Re: Transformed again Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:13 am

Waz

Waz
Life time member
Life time member
Must be the angle Ed, same hight.
Transformed again Img_0710
Both brackets are joined by a flat bar

Transformed again Img_0711
Transformed again Img_0712
Who makes the scones?

R1200GS
650 Vstrom

24Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Re: Transformed again Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:25 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
looked higher , must be just the rig that makes it look high.
that strut brace appears to be easy to make and takes up less space.
I hear there is a top sKone maker in Robertson ?

2018 Kart upgrade.

25Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Re: Transformed again Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:50 pm

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
Waz , what size is the axle stub hole for the new swing arm?

2018 Kart upgrade.

26Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Re: Transformed again Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:40 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Waz wrote:I have been hunting around wreckers with a hub adaptor in my hand trying to find a suitable rim. Found a space saver spare wheel and tyre to fit the hub adaptor then replaced the 80klm speed limited little tyre with a 145 80 15. It was easier than I though it would be. Still have to remove the sticker
145 80 15 is the size of my rear tire on the hack. This is the tires from the old VW beetle cars and here in NA they become difficult to find.
If I remember correctly, the rim is a 15/70

Nice rig Waz.

I am not jealous but envious.

CF

27Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Transformed again Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:46 pm

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
S Kones in Robertson are the best, but you might want a Ural rig up here at the moment, getting a bit icy.
That garage is getting a bit full Waz, you might have to knock down a wall into the lounge room.

28Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Re: Transformed again Wed Jun 18, 2014 7:56 pm

Rockman

Life time member
Life time member
groverK wrote:
AL-58 wrote:
groverK wrote:
Looks like this:

Al
thats the one folks, mine has been replaced or modified with a full width axle with some crude shockie mount attached on the bike side.
I wanted to give it some clean original lines.

Trailer spares people sell them. You can get a 1/2 axle which gives you one side, which is what you want. Available in different weights.

29Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Re: Transformed again Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:47 am

Waz

Waz
Life time member
Life time member
what size is the axle stub hole for the new swing arm?

1 inch Groover

Nice rig Waz

Thank you Mr Frog

That garage is getting a bit full Waz, you might have to knock down a wall into the lounge room.

I know RT it's the obvious sollution but I have met with resistance from the cook.

Waz

R1200GS
650 Vstrom

30Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Re: Transformed again Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:25 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
theres a possibilty I might be coming down your way during the school holidays, might try and fit in a visit, 5- 6 July.
most likely on Saturday 5th.  with a morning session to swap sidecar bits. 
I'll be heading through to Batemans Bay to meet up with the kids on school holidays. and returning on Sunday 6th.

2018 Kart upgrade.

31Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Re: Transformed again Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:25 am

Waz

Waz
Life time member
Life time member
I'll make the scones, I like RT's but may have a go at Mr Smiths with coopers.

The rear wheel fits but a little off centre.
Transformed again Img_0713

Plenty of clearance

Transformed again Img_0714

Transformed again Img_0715

Can fit without removing exhaust but takes just as long trying to make it all line up, three hands would help

R1200GS
650 Vstrom

32Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Re: Transformed again Sat Jun 21, 2014 3:16 am

A dab of grease on that bloody spacer sure helps. Shocked I never take the zorst off and you just get used to doing the job....or send Smithy an email and he might pop over and give you a hand!

33Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Re: Transformed again Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:35 am

Gaz

Gaz
Life time member
Life time member
Hey Waz, after having been lucky enough to enjoy the hospitality of the said Smith family and enjoying watching the baker extraordinaire in action producing pizza I would reckon any recipe he suggested would be well worth doing.

Having no experience at all with an outfit I'm completely unqualified to offer a suggestion but - if you have a stout beam overhead where you change the rear wheel would it make it easy to get the wheel in & out if you lifted the rear end up with a winch or chain block, allowing the whole unit to pivot on the front wheel, far enough up to basically drop the rear wheel vertically.

I find it real handy to do that on my bikes when I put them on my scissor lift and I then want to lower the centre stand.

Cheers

34Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Re: Transformed again Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:25 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
darksiding there Waz.

2018 Kart upgrade.

35Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Re: Transformed again Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:41 am

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
Gaz80 wrote:
Having no experience at all with an outfit I'm completely unqualified to offer a suggestion but - if you have a stout beam overhead where you change the rear wheel would it make it easy to get the wheel in & out if you lifted the rear end up with a winch or chain block, allowing the whole unit to pivot on the front wheel, far enough up to basically drop the rear wheel vertically.

I find it real handy to do that on my bikes when I put them on my scissor lift and I then want to lower the centre stand.

Cheers
I don't have to do anything like that with mine.  Just use a scissor jack or trolley jack the lift the rear (positioned on part of the sidecar subframe under the gearbox). I get a 165-15 tyre out the back of the bike (mudguard removed first) with no trouble at all.

Al

36Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Re: Transformed again Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:59 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
once he gets his outrigger attached he should find things a lot easier.

2018 Kart upgrade.

37Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Re: Transformed again Sat Jun 21, 2014 8:09 pm

Getting the rim out is no problem when you remove the rear guard which is only 4 screws....it's relocating it that can be a pain with the through bolts and no locating dowels so to speak.

38Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Re: Transformed again Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:07 pm

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
what's the the new colour scheme to be on this one Waz?

2018 Kart upgrade.

39Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Re: Transformed again Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:37 pm

Waz

Waz
Life time member
Life time member
Still undecided. Was going black but motor is black and it will be too much, was also thinking white just because fairing is already white and good so it would be easy.
Poor photo but this blue will proberly be it. I had this colour tinted from a winfeild blue packet years ago and I still like it, goes well with chrome or  black.
Transformed again Img_0718

R1200GS
650 Vstrom

40Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Re: Transformed again Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:47 pm

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
those were the good ol days Waz.
I'm very partial to blue myself, I was thinking of painting my chair Navy blue to match my K.
should come up a treat when you are done.
come origin night you'll be able to choose any K.

what were the original BMW colours for the later models in the 90's.

2018 Kart upgrade.

41Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Re: Transformed again Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:19 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I would not be at all concerned about it being out of centre from a handling point of view but would be concerned about the extra stress being put on the swinging arm because of it only being  single sided.

42Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Re: Transformed again Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:35 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
groverK wrote:theres a possibilty I might be coming down your way during the school holidays, might try and fit in a visit, 5- 6 July.
most likely on Saturday 5th.  with a morning session to swap sidecar bits. 
I'll be heading through to Batemans Bay to meet up with the kids on school holidays. and returning on Sunday 6th.
Waz, are we still OK for a visit to your grand end of the East Coast next weekend. I'm keen to check out your new venture and offer you some extra chair bits.
can we bring anyone else along?

2018 Kart upgrade.

43Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Re: Transformed again Sun Jun 29, 2014 6:48 am

Waz

Waz
Life time member
Life time member
All welcome, here all week end.

R1200GS
650 Vstrom

44Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Re: Transformed again Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:15 am

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
Good scones down that way too Ed.

Which day?

Basic/2 6308802K100CJ  05/1988

K1100RS 0194321

45Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Re: Transformed again Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:46 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
If Waz is up to it , my plans are to wander down with the trailer loaded with bits on Saturday morning and pass through Sydney at the usual time of around 7.00am.
be good to share the company of other K's along the way. Rossko, where can we suggest other sydney folk meet us?

Then I'll need to be on the road to Batemans Bay by 12noon so I can catch up with the family who have been on holidays for the week  .
Is Saturday Ok Waz?

2018 Kart upgrade.

46Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Re: Transformed again Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:06 am

Waz

Waz
Life time member
Life time member
Saturday is fine

R1200GS
650 Vstrom

47Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Re: Transformed again Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:42 pm

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
sounds good

2018 Kart upgrade.

48Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Re: Transformed again Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:33 am

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
coming. Where we going to meet Ed?

few pm's sent to slackers floyd, basic2, noeloakes, ned?

Basic/2 6308802K100CJ  05/1988

K1100RS 0194321

49Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Re: Transformed again Tue Jul 01, 2014 6:20 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
rosskko wrote:coming. Where we going to meet Ed?

few pm's sent to slackers floyd, basic2, noeloakes, ned?
come on guys , who's up for a run , some great hospitality at the Waz's.

Meet on the M7 west bound at the pull in bay between Winston Hills and Bella Vista , 7am Saturday.
same spot as before. just keep an eye out for a plow towed by a blue K.

2018 Kart upgrade.

50Back to top Go down   Transformed again Empty Re: Transformed again Fri Jul 04, 2014 7:47 am

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
See you tomorrow Waz. 
Itinerary  for the trip down.

2018 Kart upgrade.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next