BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ffbikersa

ffbikersa
Platinum member
Platinum member
Drunken car driver yesterday destroyed the left safety bar on my K 100 LT, so I would like to replace it with identical (older type like in this picture, black), but if it is chromed, or someone is selling both left and right of the newer type, that's welcome too.

Wanted: just left K 100 crash / safety / engine protection bar, or both Safety10

AJ.Valente

AJ.Valente
Life time member
Life time member
Sorry to have to deliver bad news, but it's next to impossible to find these used. I resorted to fixing my own with a cutting torch and a length of black iron pluming. (see: http://www.k100-forum.com/t5287-repairing-engine-safey-bar-on-85-k100rt)

The chrome police-style bars can be had at Motobins, but fairly costly IMO. 

They do pop-up on e-Bay occasionally, but don't blink or they're gone.   Crying or Very sad

My old K100 RT Pics and Mods

3Back to top Go down   Wanted: just left K 100 crash / safety / engine protection bar, or both Empty Maybe on Tue Jun 17, 2014 2:02 pm

ffbikersa

ffbikersa
Platinum member
Platinum member
@AJ.Valente wrote:Sorry to have to deliver bad news, but it's next to impossible to find these used. I resorted to fixing my own with a cutting torch and a length of black iron pluming. (see: http://www.k100-forum.com/t5287-repairing-engine-safey-bar-on-85-k100rt)

They do pop-up on e-Bay occasionally, but don't blink or they're gone.   Crying or Very sad
Thanks - that will be last resort

I might have traced a pair of chromed ones in Italy.

Does anyone know - can K 1100's left bar be used on K 100?

Finnigan

Finnigan
Silver member
Silver member
Pretty sure I've got a set in black that i took off of my 1990 K100LT.  If you're still in need I can check when i get home

5Back to top Go down   Wanted: just left K 100 crash / safety / engine protection bar, or both Empty Of course - thanks! on Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:29 pm

ffbikersa

ffbikersa
Platinum member
Platinum member
@Finnigan wrote:Pretty sure I've got a set in black that i took off of my 1990 K100LT.  If you're still in need I can check when i get home
Yes I am, and great thanks for your offer.

My bike is Dec. 1988 K100LT, so I suppose there should be no troubles with compatibility...

Cheers
Tarik

6Back to top Go down   Wanted: just left K 100 crash / safety / engine protection bar, or both Empty I thinks that's the one on Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:39 pm

ffbikersa

ffbikersa
Platinum member
Platinum member
I can't read the part no off the bar which is currently on the bike (they are not original), but I'm pretty sure it's the same one like this, just black:

http://shop.afterbuy.de/BMW-Ersatzteile-Sturzbuegel-links-BMW-K100/a45107629_u3834/

This one has part no that ends with 153, and my right-side bar's last three digits are 154...

RicK G

RicK G
VIP
VIP
@ffbikersa wrote:
@AJ.Valente wrote:Sorry to have to deliver bad news, but it's next to impossible to find these used. I resorted to fixing my own with a cutting torch and a length of black iron pluming. (see: http://www.k100-forum.com/t5287-repairing-engine-safey-bar-on-85-k100rt)

Not the left side they are different. They could be used but will need an adapter to be made.

Bikes 1993 K1100 LT, 1998 K1100 LT, 1993 K75 RT, 1996 K75RT, 1986 K75 GS, 1979 Z1300 Kawasaki X 2 for now

8Back to top Go down   Wanted: just left K 100 crash / safety / engine protection bar, or both Empty This one? on Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:50 am

ffbikersa

ffbikersa
Platinum member
Platinum member
@RicK G wrote:
@ffbikersa wrote:

Not the left side they are different. They could be used but will need an adapter to be made.

I was asking beacuse of this one - the owner just PRESUMED it's K 1100's, because there is part no. stamped on it. It looks practically identical to K 100's from that German shop - except that the lower ends are formed a bit different (not hollow tubes, but flat iron). But if the holes are at the same distance - then I would not even need an adapter:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201096960748

Wanted: just left K 100 crash / safety / engine protection bar, or both $_57

and German:

Wanted: just left K 100 crash / safety / engine protection bar, or both Mtmpic

Finnigan

Finnigan
Silver member
Silver member
Sorry I didn't get a chance to get in the garage last night, lower back injury flared up  affraid

10Back to top Go down   Wanted: just left K 100 crash / safety / engine protection bar, or both Empty No prob mate on Wed Jun 18, 2014 4:14 pm

ffbikersa

ffbikersa
Platinum member
Platinum member
@Finnigan wrote:Sorry I didn't get a chance to get in the garage last night, lower back injury flared up  affraid

Ooops... That sounds bad, do you have any tiger balm?

Wanted: just left K 100 crash / safety / engine protection bar, or both Tiger%20Balm%2005

11Back to top Go down   Wanted: just left K 100 crash / safety / engine protection bar, or both Empty Just bought them from Italy on Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:06 am

ffbikersa

ffbikersa
Platinum member
Platinum member
I just bought them from Italy, 45 € plus 26 € shipping :-)))

http://www.ebay.it/itm/Paramotore-Bmw-K100-/121362013137

Wanted: just left K 100 crash / safety / engine protection bar, or both $_57

GeorgiaK

GeorgiaK
Silver member
Silver member
I have one, albeit, a little rusted. I'm in central US. If you can't find one closer to you, let me know.

13Back to top Go down   Wanted: just left K 100 crash / safety / engine protection bar, or both Empty Not necessary anymore, but great thanks on Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:43 pm

ffbikersa

ffbikersa
Platinum member
Platinum member
@GeorgiaK wrote:I have one, albeit, a little rusted. I'm in central US. If you can't find one closer to you, let me know
Great thanks - but as I wrote in the previous post, just today I bought left and right-side bars from Italy, and rather cheap too

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum