BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Windscreen/windshield for KRS please Empty Windscreen/windshield for KRS please on Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:44 pm

ralphtown

ralphtown
Need a good condition screen and deflector for 1985 KRS.
would be amazing if it was near new with RS badge.

Show me what you have.
Needed for mid July.

Cheers.

RALPH.

2Back to top Go down   Windscreen/windshield for KRS please Empty Re: Windscreen/windshield for KRS please on Fri Jun 20, 2014 6:28 pm

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
Motobins have genuine screen and deflector.........expensive.

3Back to top Go down   Windscreen/windshield for KRS please Empty Re: Windscreen/windshield for KRS please on Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:17 am

ralphtown

ralphtown
I saw those.The budget is getting tight,so a good S/H one will do.
Particularly if it comes up nice with the Maguiars plastic polish Smile

RALPH.

4Back to top Go down   Windscreen/windshield for KRS please Empty Try this on Sun Jun 22, 2014 4:32 pm

ffbikersa

ffbikersa
Platinum member
Platinum member
@ralphtown wrote:Need a good condition screen and deflector for 1985 KRS.
would be amazing if it was near new with RS badge.

Show me what you have.
Needed for mid July.

Cheers.

RALPH.
Secdem screens offered by Motobins ain't expensive, and come with built-in deflector:

http://www.motobins.co.uk/bmw-parts.php?model=K%20Series&bikeref=K100

You can also try UK importer (http://www.bikehps.com/) for German MRA screens (http://www.mra.de/en/) - I installed their Arizona screen on my LT. It costs MUCH less than the original - just 130 € - and it offers much, much better protection. Build quality is top league!!!

Search for "Windschild", "Windscheibe", "Tourenscheibe" on German eBay gives:

http://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?_odkw=bmw+k+100+rs+tourenschild&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_dmd=2&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.Xbmw+k+100+rs+tourenscheibe&_nkw=bmw+k+100+rs+tourenscheibe&_sacat=0

5Back to top Go down   Windscreen/windshield for KRS please Empty Re: Windscreen/windshield for KRS please on Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:22 am

ralphtown

ralphtown
The Motobins item looks really nice.Not so sure I want to be drilling my fairing after all the nice new paint has been applied.

But I,ll keep it bookmarked if nothing else shows up.

RALPH.

6Back to top Go down   Windscreen/windshield for KRS please Empty Not sure... on Tue Jun 24, 2014 9:09 am

ffbikersa

ffbikersa
Platinum member
Platinum member
@ralphtown wrote:The Motobins item looks really nice.Not so sure I want to be drilling my fairing after all the nice new paint has been applied.

But I,ll keep it bookmarked if nothing else shows up.

RALPH.

Well, the MRA had holes at identical places like the original BMW, so no drilling was necessary. Not sure how it works with RS fairing, though.

7Back to top Go down   Windscreen/windshield for KRS please Empty Re: Windscreen/windshield for KRS please on Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:16 pm

ralphtown

ralphtown
Well,my brick riding chums,things have been quiet on the cosmetic resto of my RS waiting for the painter to finish with my K body parts.

Good news was I used T-Cut scratch remover and T-Cut colour restorer on my ratty looking screen and it came up OK.

Not "as new" but pretty darn good.

Gave myself serious "tennis elbow" into the deal but it looks fine.

Other recent progress includes the fitting of some new "boots" to each of the front forks and the restoration of the seat by R K Leightons of Birmingham,UK.
A worldwide reputation,well deserved.

However,if you know of a good site with exploded diagrams of K series bodywork,please share the link.

I,ve forgotten how the rear seat cowl goes together and how the radiator grill and frame go into the plastic surround.

The painter said 3 weeks....its been nearly 6 !!

RALPH.

8Back to top Go down   Windscreen/windshield for KRS please Empty Re: Windscreen/windshield for KRS please on Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:31 pm

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
@ralphtown wrote:
However,if you know of a good site with exploded diagrams of K series bodywork,please share the link.

I,ve forgotten how the rear seat cowl goes together and how the radiator grill and frame go into the plastic surround.

The OEM shop manual you find here, the different online part manuals could also be helpful.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum