BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ffbikersa

ffbikersa
Platinum member
Platinum member
Some vandals have broken the On/Off switch lever on my K 100 LT - so if someone have broken right-hand switch gear and is willing to part with just this small piece, pls. contact me.

Needed: K 100/K 75 On/Off switch lever - or complete right-hand switch gear On-off10

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
a bit like chooks teeth , a very hard to find item , as a part.
I was considering once , how would it be to use some plastic putty and use the original as a mould to make a new one ?

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
Needed: K 100/K 75 On/Off switch lever - or complete right-hand switch gear 10_x_110

3Back to top Go down   Needed: K 100/K 75 On/Off switch lever - or complete right-hand switch gear Empty I was thinking of that too on Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:36 am

ffbikersa

ffbikersa
Platinum member
Platinum member
groverK wrote:a bit like chooks teeth , a very hard to find item , as a part.
I was considering once , how would it be to use some plastic putty and use the original as a mould to make a new one ?

I had the same idea - that's why I was searching the pavement this morning to find the missing piece. Repair with 60-second glue might have worked too. Unfortunately, the moron who broke it probably threw this very small red plastic piece in very high grass nearby. Looking for needle in a haystack, literally  Rolling Eyes

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
Mate,
I read on here somewhere that your broken switch should not be played with.
Apart from cosmetic value it is better to leave it alone.

Turn the bike on and off with the key. Leave the kill switch in the on position.
That is what I do because I am a lemming.
Convenience wants me to use the switch because when you stop you are usually in gear and the easy option is a flick of the thumb and the bike turns off.
Put it in neutral, hand off the clutch, turn the key off. At the same time take the key out and put it in your pocket. The number of times I have looked for my key to find it still in the ignition after working all day.

Basic/2 6308802K100CJ  05/1988

K1100RS 0194321

5Back to top Go down   Needed: K 100/K 75 On/Off switch lever - or complete right-hand switch gear Empty Yep, it's a matter of convenience on Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:36 am

ffbikersa

ffbikersa
Platinum member
Platinum member
@rosskko wrote:Mate,
I read on here somewhere that your broken switch should not be played with.
Apart from cosmetic value it is better to leave it alone.

Turn the bike on and off with the key. Leave the kill switch in the on position.
That is what I do because I am a lemming.
Convenience wants me to use the switch because when you stop you are usually in gear and the easy option is a flick of the thumb and the bike turns off.
Put it in neutral, hand off the clutch, turn the key off. At the same time take the key out and put it in your pocket. The number of times I have looked for my key to find it still in the ignition after working all day.
Same happens to me - though, I more tend to forget my key in the topcase lock.
I can still turn the switch in on or off position with my fingers - though, not sure if it will work with thicker winter gloves as well

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum