93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S
14 Yamaha WR250R
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

Ringfad

Life time member
Life time member
Thanks for posting, it would make you want to buy a K  Wink

;BMW; K100RS Style Black 1987 105K Km     ;BMW; K1 Black 1993 51K Km     ;BMW; K1100RS Red 1993 70k miles  ;BMW; K100 16V Black (ex ElectricMonk)

Kyle10

Life time member
Life time member
Mixed feelings. Great interview, subject, but don't want to pique interest too much with K's, as in watch the prices inflate. 

Thanks, Duck!

GTJos

Silver member
Silver member
Very Happy Hi Duck !
You beat me with a few minutes; just finished watching the Tube and returned to the forum for a post when I saw yours... 
Great stuff indeed and I support the above opinion: no need in getting everyones attention to our beloved and reliable K's; prices will go up...  Laughing 
I own a Suzuki GT750J bye the way; in mint condition...with four-leading-shoe drumbrake. Hmmmm... nice project to get my donor-K-engine in that frame  Twisted Evil  🇳🇴 

Thanks for posting !

Jos.

1985  K100RT  0027026

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
"I own a Suzuki GT750J bye the way; in mint condition...with four-leading-shoe drumbrake. Hmmmm... nice project to get my donor-K-engine in that frame"     

Don't you dare... Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad

Remember Rule No. 6

duck

Life time member
Life time member
You guys simply would not believe how much meticulous effort Larry put into that bike.  When I was there in May, it took him several HOURS to show me all of the custom stuff he did for that bike.

That rear wheel is totally custom.  Last year when I dropped by he showed me the CAD for it on his PC.  Before he built it he had a 3D print made of it that's pretty cool.

When I was there in early May he was still waiting to get the frame back from the painters so it was all in pieces in his garage.  At the time I was sworn to secrecy but now that it's been revealed I can post up some interesting pics which I'll do later.

To be honest, I'm not a big fan of going to all of the effort to "retro" a bike. Me, I'd just as soon thrown some combo of factory crap on a K and go riding.  However, I do really like the stuff Larry does.

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT (x2)
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S
14 Yamaha WR250R
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

Crazy Frog

admin
admin
4 cams Grimeca brakes were nice, but really difficult to set properly.
If I recall correctly (I owned 2 750GT; one with disks and one with drum brake) is that it was affected by water or humidity. When set correctly for dry run, they had the tendency to lock if it was humid.

I would love to have the 6th gear on my transmission  Very Happy

Two Wheels Better

What an awesome look at some fine Kreations from the Romestants. ThanKs for posting that, DucK!

I'm glad he focused on and rode the four pipe model as aesthetically and mechanically it's my favourite of the four bikes shown. The sound of those sinuous pipes, even through my crappy little 'puter speaKers, was wonderful. But Jay's almost awKward interview style was always his weaKest point, despite his obvious love and enthusiasm for all things wheeled and motored.

Best he get a custom Arai helmet to fit! I wonder if there are any aerospace fibreglass or carbon fibre guys round the neighbourhood to help him accommodate that famous chin!?

'77 R75/7-1000cc, '87 K100RS, '93 K12 Big Block, '94 R100 Mystic, '03 K1200GT, '04 R1150RT, '06 K1200R, '07 K1200R & '09 K1300GT
Two Airheads, three Bricks, an Oilhead and a trio of new K's.

robmack

Life time member
Life time member
Thanks for posting Duck.  I loved the exhaust note as well; it was aggressive without being obnoxious or overpowering.  +1 on the helmet TWB.  It looked like there'd be no protection of the famous chin in a crash.

BTW I helped on the build, with debugging electrics and supplying parts.  Great people Larry and Carol.

http://k75retro.blogspot.ca/

K75cster

Life time member
Life time member
That was something, it don't sound like a Honda four or a kwaka 9 it still sounds euro with the four pipes

The Clever are adept at extricating themselves from situations that the wise would have avoided from the outset - QUOTE from david Hillel in Out of the Earth.

Basic2

Gold member
Gold member
Thanks Duck.

AJ.Valente

Life time member
Life time member
Ya, that's the way they're suppose to sound!  Twisted Evil  Anyone still running stock exhaust should take note.

I'm another ex-aerospace engineer and former boxer enthusiast. But, to be honest, I'm not really sold on the looks of the naked -K. IMHO, the K was designed to go into a faring and be run at high speed. However, with all that torque, throttle response, smooth shifting, and reliability, I can understand why some people have made these into cafe racers.

My old K100 RT Pics and Mods

GTJos

Silver member
Silver member
@blaKey wrote:"I own a Suzuki GT750J bye the way; in mint condition...with four-leading-shoe drumbrake. Hmmmm... nice project to get my donor-K-engine in that frame"     

Don't you dare... Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad  Evil or Very Mad
 Very Happy Don't you fear... Razz Both the bikes (Suzi and K) are too precious for me to fool around with !

But hey... thank's again to Duck, TWB, CF and all others on this fantastic forum ! Great stuff...

CB: you are right about the drum; it tends to lock-on, but my guess is that modern and skillfull technicians can improve that unwanted effect 'with a twist of there left hand'.

Cheers guys; keep on the good work !

Jos

1985  K100RT  0027026

floyd

Life time member
Life time member
Noooo!

Jay Leno mentions K bikes again in his latest vid. I think he is getting interested in a bike he's never even thought about before and is gonna catch K pox. 

From about 5:35sec 

robmack

Life time member
Life time member
Larry alerted me to another recent video made by The Moto Channel about the Bell Kaffe racer (now known as the Kaugusta).  In this one, Larry goes through the bike talking about the technical details of the build.  Very interesting to watch:

http://k75retro.blogspot.ca/

charlie99

VIP
VIP
yeah saw that rob ...good stuff eh ?

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O

Two Wheels Better

It's fair to say that Larry personifies passion through engineering. I have seen the bike and spoken at some length with Larry and he is affable and humble, and this melded K bike he has built is truly stunning. I wonder, of any of the old mates from Germany who had a hand in the original K series, whether they've seen or heard of his creation, and what they might think about him overcoming some of the inherent shortcomings of the original design.

'77 R75/7-1000cc, '87 K100RS, '93 K12 Big Block, '94 R100 Mystic, '03 K1200GT, '04 R1150RT, '06 K1200R, '07 K1200R & '09 K1300GT
Two Airheads, three Bricks, an Oilhead and a trio of new K's.

Ed

Life time member
Life time member
First time I've seen the videos . You've gotta Krave these Kreations from Larry. Truly passionate .

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum