BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Needed: "Loaner" Gauges for 1985 K100 Empty Needed: "Loaner" Gauges for 1985 K100 on Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:40 pm

BadjerJim

BadjerJim
Silver member
Silver member
Help!
I know this is a long shot, but the odometer has stopped working on my trusty 1985 K-100 RT.

I pulled the gauge cluster apart, but I'm afraid of doing more damage than good if I attempt to repair it.
And the gas gauge lights aren't working right, so I'm stuck without knowing how far I've gone or how much gas I have left.
So I'm going to have Palo Alto Speedometer fix it up for me...

But in the meantime, that would put me about 2 weeks without transportation.

Does anyone have an extra gauge cluster for an 85 lying around that they could loan me or rent me for a couple of weeks?  
Looks not important, cracks and scuffs okay, just something that can keep me from getting a speeding ticket (plus you can't start or run a K100 without the gauges plugged in).

(of course, a complete gauge set that works at a reasonable price would be considered, if you have one for sale.)

I'm in California near Sacramento, so someone in the USA would be most practical.
THANKS in advance for any help or ideas!

-Jim

2Back to top Go down   Needed: "Loaner" Gauges for 1985 K100 Empty Re: Needed: "Loaner" Gauges for 1985 K100 on Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:24 am

Mossy1200

Mossy1200
Platinum member
Platinum member
@BadjerJim wrote:Help!
I know this is a long shot, but the odometer has stopped working on my trusty 1985 K-100 RT.

I pulled the gauge cluster apart, but I'm afraid of doing more damage than good if I attempt to repair it.
And the gas gauge lights aren't working right, so I'm stuck without knowing how far I've gone or how much gas I have left.
So I'm going to have Palo Alto Speedometer fix it up for me...

But in the meantime, that would put me about 2 weeks without transportation.

Does anyone have an extra gauge cluster for an 85 lying around that they could loan me or rent me for a couple of weeks?  
Looks not important, cracks and scuffs okay, just something that can keep me from getting a speeding ticket (plus you can't start or run a K100 without the gauges plugged in).

(of course, a complete gauge set that works at a reasonable price would be considered, if you have one for sale.)

I'm in California near Sacramento, so someone in the USA would be most practical.
THANKS in advance for any help or ideas!

-Jim
I can send you a instrument panel to keep if you like.
You will need pay for a one direction postage.
Both clock and gear have the ink look.
Also it in kilometers not mph.
International tracked 2-6 days seems to be around $85usd based on 300mm by 200mm by 200mm and 3 kg.  $65 if it 2kg. Let me know if you need it and remember exact freight price will will vary a bit but ill get quote once wrapped and weighed if you go ahead.

3Back to top Go down   Needed: "Loaner" Gauges for 1985 K100 Empty Re: Needed: "Loaner" Gauges for 1985 K100 on Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:07 am

BadjerJim

BadjerJim
Silver member
Silver member
@Mossy1200 wrote:

-Jim
International tracked 2-6 days seems to be around $85usd based on 300mm by 200mm by 200mm and 3 kg.  $65 if it 2kg. Let me know if you need it and remember exact freight price will will vary a bit but ill get quote once wrapped and weighed if you go ahead.
Thank you!  I'll take it. Sending you a private message for details.

4Back to top Go down   Needed: "Loaner" Gauges for 1985 K100 Empty Re: Needed: "Loaner" Gauges for 1985 K100 on Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:21 am

Mossy1200

Mossy1200
Platinum member
Platinum member
@BadjerJim wrote:
@Mossy1200 wrote:

-Jim
Thank you!  I'll take it. Sending you a private message for details.
Ok ill get a freight price online.

5Back to top Go down   Needed: "Loaner" Gauges for 1985 K100 Empty Re: Needed: "Loaner" Gauges for 1985 K100 on Tue Oct 14, 2014 6:56 pm

ReneZ

ReneZ
Life time member
Life time member
Careful team, not all speedo's are the same, not even the ones in MPH.

Jim, tell us what your speedo shows in the 12' o'clock position? I have one that shows 70 and one that shows 80 :-)

Rene

BMW K100 - 1985 (0030029) Needed: "Loaner" Gauges for 1985 K100 Rain
BMW K1200GT - 2003 (ZK01223)

6Back to top Go down   Needed: "Loaner" Gauges for 1985 K100 Empty Re: Needed: "Loaner" Gauges for 1985 K100 on Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:25 pm

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
@ReneZ wrote:Careful team, not all speedo's are the same, not even the ones in MPH.

Jim, tell us what your speedo shows in the 12' o'clock position? I have one that shows 70 and one that shows 80 :-)

It's different scales used on 2V's and 4V's, but this shouldn't be any problem as
it's the same sensor and signal preamplifier used on all models.

The speedos must be calibrated for the different scales.

7Back to top Go down   Needed: "Loaner" Gauges for 1985 K100 Empty Re: Needed: "Loaner" Gauges for 1985 K100 on Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:31 pm

BadjerJim

BadjerJim
Silver member
Silver member
@Inge K. wrote:
@ReneZ wrote:Careful team, not all speedo's are the same, not even the ones in MPH.

It's different scales used on 2V's and 4V's, but this shouldn't be any problem as
it's the same sensor and signal preamplifier used on all models.

The speedos must be calibrated for the different scales.

My existing speedo shows 80mph at the straight-up 12:00 position.

Calibrated?  Uh oh.  There must be a thread about that somewhere...

8Back to top Go down   Needed: "Loaner" Gauges for 1985 K100 Empty Re: Needed: "Loaner" Gauges for 1985 K100 on Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:40 pm

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
@BadjerJim wrote:
Calibrated?  Uh oh.  There must be a thread about that somewhere...

What I have in mind is that the different speedos is calibrated from factory to compensate for the different scales used, as same sensor and preamp is used on all models.

What could become a problem is your fuel level sensor. If using instruments from
a -86 on a different pcb is used, to be shure you can remove this in the newer
instruments.........abs warning also using this circuit, just remove the bulb.

9Back to top Go down   Needed: "Loaner" Gauges for 1985 K100 Empty Re: Needed: "Loaner" Gauges for 1985 K100 on Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:04 am

Mossy1200

Mossy1200
Platinum member
Platinum member
That's the one I sent you.

Needed: "Loaner" Gauges for 1985 K100 Speedo10

10Back to top Go down   Needed: "Loaner" Gauges for 1985 K100 Empty Re: Needed: "Loaner" Gauges for 1985 K100 on Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:53 pm

Inge K.

Inge K.
VIP
VIP
@Mossy1200 wrote:That's the one I sent you.

Correct instrument Needed: "Loaner" Gauges for 1985 K100 112350 , no worries about different fuel level pcb or
ABS warning lamp.................plug and play.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum