BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down    forum upgrade on Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:08 am

Crazy Frog

admin
admin
This year, members of this forum were generous again and we collected enough fund to continue to operate this site with all the previous features and even more.

Thanks to all contributors.

For the last month, I am looking at solutions and this is what I propose.

First we renew the previous extra features of the forum:
- renewing the domain name (k100-forum.com)
- disabling advertisement and copyrights

As you may have noticed, when you write a post, you will have the possibility to attach a file to your post. THIS IS NOT ACTIVE YET, but as soon as I get feedback from members, I will pay for a 300Mb of extra storage on the forum.We'll continue to use servimg.com to attach pictures to a post (servimg is free and works well for us).Acceptable documents to attach would be PDF, Word documents.....

The forum will pay for another share site with 10 Gb of storage and a 40Gb upload/dowload per month.
This site will be accessible for any member to upload/download files to share with everybody.

I already registered a free account with driveHQ and you can have a peek at it. (K100-forum file sharing site)
As this is still a free account, there is a limit on the size of the upload/download but you are welcome to try it, Please try it with very small files (for example a small text file).
I am planning to pay for a 3 years subscription ($270) but before I do, I want to be sure that it fits our needs.
The actual server hosting the download page may be retired this summer and drivehq would be the cheapest solution for us to host it.

To enter the file sharing site, the password is the same as the actual download page.

Please let me know what you think and if something else should be added.

CF

2Back to top Go down    Re: forum upgrade on Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:30 am

Two Wheels Better

I think this means that there'll be some necessary improvements to the way the forum functions, like more accessibility, features, storage space and therefore ease of use? If so, I'm all for it. As we grow and add more users these additional features should prove useful. It looks as though we have had enough members cough up some dosh for the forum. This shows people are eagre to see it improve and grow, and not just to sustain the basic function.

I say go for it!

'77 R75/7-1000cc, '87 K100RS, '93 K12 Big Block, '94 R100 Mystic, '03 K1200GT, '04 R1150RT, '06 K1200R, '07 K1200R & '09 K1300GT

3Back to top Go down    Re: forum upgrade on Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:59 am

RicK G

VIP
VIP
I would say that what you propose should cover our needs for some time to come. I say run with it the forum has a good future from my point of view so it is money well spent.

4Back to top Go down    Re: forum upgrade on Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:35 am

Crazy Frog

admin
admin
The following forum features have been implemented:

- Suppress advertisements for everybody (members and guest)
- Renewed domain Name K100-forum.com
- Enabled 200 Mb of storage space (directly on the forum) Now you can attach files to your post (50Mb maximum per file).. . . This feature has to be renewed and paid every month.
- Increase of storage space for gallery
- 3 years subscription to driveHQ for members to share files (See details for address/login on the Download page). This feature was requested by members, but has not been used yet (at the exception of Kaptain Hollister)
- Removal of Forumotion copywrite and links
Attachments
forum features.txt
This is how an attachment will show on a a post.
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(1 Kb) Downloaded 4 times

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum