BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Mark K Boy

Mark K Boy
Gold member
Gold member
Hi,

Even though I quoted Model year...... The brakes are wrong . .  . . and the add for these brakes is still up on the net every where regardless of the fact that I told the company so.

I can see that I could have the ABS rotor attached using less screws, But, will I be screwed?
Also, given the tolerances between the sensor and the ABS rotor I think I am in for a world of Pain????

What if I just put on the new brake rotors with out the ABS rotor (no ABS on the front end), apart from the system tripping out. What other evil things could happen. (I'm not happy about getting duded on the brakes if you didn't pick that up) - Plus the cost to send them back is 1/2 of what I paid for them.....!

Am I the only person that has done this?

Any help / advise would be good (I've all ready had "I told you so")

If I can run with out the ABS I'm happy enough. not sure I really like that thing any way.....

K1100RS - Chinese Brake Rotors, NON ABS ready Au-log12
http://www.marksurman.com

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Must be yours I was looking at on Gumtree and checked out the ABS ring which wont fit.
I decided some time ago that I would not buy from HK or China and only from OZ sellers and even then I got screwed over by some hole in Brisneyland who just refers all warranty claims back to the pricks in China who are refusing to answer any emails.  AS soon as the bastards get a bad rap they change trading name and continue on.
What I have done is try to get the address of the seller and if they wont give it then don't deal with them and tell them.
I have been considering starting up a web site called the "Chinese Raw Prawn" to tell everybody which traders and products to avoid.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

Mark K Boy

Mark K Boy
Gold member
Gold member
I moved forward......

K1100RS - Chinese Brake Rotors, NON ABS ready 814a0c3903058f8526eb830f9b57bf91

K1100RS - Chinese Brake Rotors, NON ABS ready 474c67af3ed13ce66bd9d8dc12a9f0c1

Mark K Boy

Mark K Boy
Gold member
Gold member
Follow up...

I shimmed the front ABS sensor today and stopped the blinking - solid light now - I'm going to call it a win....
When she rolls down the road I'm sure the light will go out......

My thanks to SOLE engineering Brisbane.....

Mark K Boy

Mark K Boy
Gold member
Gold member
RicK G wrote:Must be yours I was looking at on Gumtree and checked out the ABS ring which wont fit.
I decided some time ago that I would not buy from HK or China and only from OZ sellers and even then I got screwed over by some hole in Brisneyland who just refers all warranty claims back to the pricks in China who are refusing to answer any emails.  AS soon as the bastards get a bad rap they change trading name and continue on.
What I have done is try to get the address of the seller and if they wont give it then don't deal with them and tell them.
I have been considering starting up a web site called the "Chinese Raw Prawn" to tell everybody which traders and products to avoid.

www.comeoffthechineserawprawn.com !!

Mate I have another entry for your site,

I bought a disabler / alarm with remote. "This is a easy DIY install" - the ad said -  far enough.....

1. The kit arrived with every word in Chinese, far enough, but, red and black, easy, two yellow wires - makes all the indicators flash when system is turned on and off. Two gray wires to supply speaker, and one aerial....... thats it.
2. I have emailed the company a few times to ask for a english version for the instructions as there are some higher functions on the remote, 4 settings of how the alarm responds to the bike being disturbed. (Took the speaker off - insert multimeter - worked them out)
3. My biggest question to them was, "How and with what wires does this product disable the bike", (I actually don't want a cheap questionable device to have control over my motor flaming out) I do like the 125db speaker output, you can not help but run away from the noise.

The final response I received:-

K1100RS - Chinese Brake Rotors, NON ABS ready Header_ebay_logo_132x46K1100RS - Chinese Brake Rotors, NON ABS ready 7?euid=1730854fe4684288b6cb17562adc6b5e&exe=10711&ext=25569&sojTags=exe=exe,ext=ext

New message from: yesmotors K1100RS - Chinese Brake Rotors, NON ABS ready IconTopRatedSeller_19x18(43157K1100RS - Chinese Brake Rotors, NON ABS ready Stars-12)

Hello,thanks for your reply,yes,maybe there no wires that interrupt the running of the bike,hope you can understand,thanks,
If any questions just contact me freely.
Merry Christmas for you and your family as well!

Ummmmmmm?

K1100RS - Chinese Brake Rotors, NON ABS ready 61740

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I wouldn't worry too much about the Ks getting stolen as there is virtually nothing in them money wise wrecking them and there are a lot better targets. I near 5 years here I have only heard of one being ripped off.
If you do want to put a disable function then earth the purple/green wire to the temp sensor and it wont start, it is what BMW does I believe. Apparently the computer thinks the engine is over 113°C and wont fire the injectors.

Last edited by RicK G on Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

Mark K Boy

Mark K Boy
Gold member
Gold member
I agree, where she lives at the moment, it's too easy for some drunken fool to roll her down the hill and away.

It cost $20, its water proof and it all fits into the relay box.

I have created a isolation switch to skip the " K1100RS - Chinese Brake Rotors, NON ABS ready 25650 " sound every time I want to engage or disengage the device.

I can set it so it will scream four times only and stop if someone bumps the bike. Good for when parked in the city to come back and find three scooters parked all over your bike like ants.

Its a bit of a toss, yes, I'm going to run with it for awhile......    :BW:

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum