BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down    The Brick has left the Building. on Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:50 pm

The BMW has sold and gone to its new home near Lithgow in NSW. The new owner, Paul, is a BMW and K bike rider from way back and is a mate of Al's. He has dogs so I'm sure we'll see it on the road with canine conspirators along for the ride.

So the bike has sold and it's unlikely I will get another K so I will be leaving the list. I'll probably take the Triumph on the New England ride soon and that will be our last hurrah I guess. As I wander out the door I'd like to say a very brief thank you to those of you I have met and ridden with over the time I've been on the list and especially to those who have helped Bella and I out when we've needed bits or stuff done.

Charlie, Rick, RossKo, Smithy, David von TacKler, TWB, Blakey, Klompy, Will, Alby, Bob. Thanks for some good rides, assistance when I needed it and companionship.
👽
Sean.

2Back to top Go down    Re: The Brick has left the Building. on Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:37 pm

Two Wheels Better

Der Weg ist das Ziel. Cheers, mate.

'77 R75/7-1000cc, '87 K100RS, '93 K11/K12 Big Block, '94 R100R Mystic, '03 K1200GT, '04 R1150RT, '06 K1200R, '07 K1200R & 2009 K1300GT

3Back to top Go down    Re: The Brick has left the Building. on Fri Nov 07, 2014 10:59 pm

92KK 84WW Olaf

Life time member
Life time member
I ISean
When I came on the forum you and all those guys you have listed mde me feel very welcome. For us Irish Eccentrics you guys 'down under' were the role model. The friendship from yourself and other people we might never meet has been awesome. I recall the many times on the forum that I looked foward to the light hearted but never dismissive exchanges and great knowledge. I have learnt a lot about life as much as about a k.

I may not be the only one to think why leave the list as you put it. Knowledge is shared, not sold on, so you stiill have that to share and we would still enjoy your company. I also love reading the posts. I hope you will stick around. You have been a gentleman and a sKolar. Maybe its time for another forum section for ex K riders? I am sure Bert could think of something.

I wish you safe riding too.

Go n'eiri an bothar leat.

(May the road always rise with you, may the sun always be in your face and the wind always at your back).

Olaf

4Back to top Go down    Re: The Brick has left the Building. on Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:07 am

charlie99

VIP
VIP
indeed olaf

for those that don't frequent facebook our seanii is a regular contributor ....more like, this is where werode today .
there are hundreds and hundreds of pics of the old beemer , Bella , Kerry and Seamus from all over the place mostly around the New England area , but many from the numerous trips that aren't posted in the forum here .

the bike and owner are well travelled and from my point of view will be sadly missing the k out and about .
but the tradition continues with that huge trumpy ...erm car ...erm tractor thingy ....grin (for want of a better description of a monster machine )
the camaraderie has been excellent ...I don't think many things will change that much regarding the friendships but possibly the frequencyor timing of meets will be dependant on other groups , trips . perhaps ?!

cheers seanii you are a great mate we will be down in a couple of weeks to share a brew or 2 .

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O

5Back to top Go down    Re: The Brick has left the Building. on Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:22 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Sad to see you go Sean.

You don't really have to, as I'm sure there is (as mentioned earlier) knowledge that you posses that could help us out with.

Drop in to say hello whenever you want.

Safe travels ya bastard! ("bastard" is an Australian term of endearment). Very Happy

Remember Rule No. 6

6Back to top Go down    Re: The Brick has left the Building. on Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:19 am

ainsjac

Life time member
Life time member
Sean...you have not left us..you merely have chosen a different mode of travelling the same journey as the rest of us....keep sending in posts...we will continue to give you a hard time.

7Back to top Go down    Re: The Brick has left the Building. on Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:41 am

Meine Herren,
Thank you for your kind words. Smile
I knew of course as soon as I started to write individual names I'd forget some....Stan, Ulli Grabau and his brother Tom. Also denn ciao for now!

Schoorn.

8Back to top Go down    The Brick has left the Building. on Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:43 pm

RT

Life time member
Life time member
All the best for you both/all, thanks for your hospitality and sanity. Take care.

9Back to top Go down    Re: The Brick has left the Building. on Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:48 am

Gaz

Life time member
Life time member
Hey Seanii, you were the first forum member that I met in person 18 months or so ago and I have enjoyed your kompany both on the forum and on the rides where we have met up. I guess the only change will be that in future I'll still enjoy your company and we'll have different bikes to yarn about.

Look forward to catching up again in a couple of weeks on the Smithy extravaganza. By the way I've reserved a couple of extra spots for October next year at my campground if you are free at the time. There's also a big fella from The Gong who is threatening to come along next year as well.

Cheers

10Back to top Go down    Re: The Brick has left the Building. on Sun Nov 09, 2014 2:18 am

Two Wheels Better

He gone.

'77 R75/7-1000cc, '87 K100RS, '93 K11/K12 Big Block, '94 R100R Mystic, '03 K1200GT, '04 R1150RT, '06 K1200R, '07 K1200R & 2009 K1300GT

11Back to top Go down    Re: The Brick has left the Building. on Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:46 am

Ed

Life time member
Life time member
apart from the vast catalogue of riding and mechanical knowledge each of us bring to this forum, it has to be said that it is the many characters which bring it to life.
and Sean , you and your growing clan are no exception. It is the spirit of camaraderie to which you have especially instilled upon us all.
thankyou for the many stories and uber tube you have shared with us, many laughs had , thanks mate.
Although this is a K100 forum , I'm sure there will be future stories of a Hillbilly Rocket clan from those thar hills in Guyra, to grace these pages. You'll always get a wave from this end if seen about.
Cheers Ed.

I would like to request , due to such significance of his contributions ,
that Admin maintain all postings from Seanii to remain labelled with his avatar, and not as guest.( I quite liked the Wallace and Gromit myself, given that a trumpy now is his steed)
any motions to second , third or more?

1993 K1100RS 0194321 Colour #690 Silk Blue aka" Smurfette"

12Back to top Go down    Re: The Brick has left the Building. on Sun Nov 09, 2014 8:08 am

Two Wheels Better

Unfortunately when a member departs the forum no name record of their passage can be maintained other than 'guest'. But the words and images remain so the reader gets a sense of who left the footprints in the sand.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum