BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down    Motorcycle Live! on Thu Nov 13, 2014 4:12 pm

Becky

Life time member
Life time member
Hi guys, just wondering if any of you lot are going to motorcycle live and what day? Me and snod are looking at the 29th. Went last year and was pretty good!

2Back to top Go down    Re: Motorcycle Live! on Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:14 am

WandererK1

Silver member
Silver member
Becky wrote:Hi guys, just wondering if any of you lot are going to motorcycle live and what day? Me and snod are looking at the 29th. Went last year and was pretty good!
I aint got enough petrol to get there sadly... Crying or Very sad

On a side note, did you get bike going again.? I did enjoy reading through the sad thread, an you talked of pictures on another place but i never did find them...

3Back to top Go down    Re: Motorcycle Live! on Sun Nov 30, 2014 2:18 am

Becky

Life time member
Life time member
Bikey is still in the retirement shed Sadand im still not friends with the FJR, hes a psychopath Snod had a go and he agrees! Anyway heres some pictures from motorcycle live, featuring Snod and his K100!

" />
" />
" />
Snod has fixed his K and i, erm, cried when he started it up. i miss Bikey!!!

4Back to top Go down    Re: Motorcycle Live! on Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:02 am

Snod Blatter

Platinum member
Platinum member
The FJR is a very full-on bike, lots of weight, power and phenomenal brakes available all the time. I'm not sure I'd like that much of everything all the time with a road bike, it seems pretty silly.

Eagle eyed viewers may also notice my K is missing a little something, I'll be posting about that later.. But for now I can't let Becky be the only one playing the post-people's-faces-on-a-public-forum game Razz

As for Motorcycle Live it's a good show with plenty to do though we didn't see any must-have bargains on any gear, most of it was "discounted" to normal shop prices. I sat on many bikes though and disliked almost all of them, seats are too small and hard and high while footpegs are too high and handlebars too far away while equipped with horrible clunky switchgear and awful thin plastic abound. Getting back on the K was a pleasure, there is so much leg room by comparison. The most impressive bike to my mind was the WK 650TR, a Chinese bike that does nothing new but has a copy of the ER6 engine plonked in a Deauville-esque chassis that is actually comfortable and has somewhere to put your sandwiches. Hardly earth shattering but it shows how far into lala land the Japanese (and modern BMWs) have really gone.

5Back to top Go down    Re: Motorcycle Live! on Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:14 am

Becky

Life time member
Life time member
Surprised you bully!

6Back to top Go down    Re: Motorcycle Live! on Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:18 am

Becky

Life time member
Life time member
I definitely suit a k better....also had a go and Snods K and I think there is something seriously wrong! Bikey felt so much nicer....

7Back to top Go down    Re: Motorcycle Live! on Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:28 am

Dai

Life time member
Life time member
I don't think the main manufacturers have really gone to la-la land. Motorcycles ceased to be a viable form of daily transport for the masses (note!) back in the 1970s when mass production plummeted the price of cars. Once motorcycles became a luxury item then practicality went out of the window. Becky's FJR is an excellent example of that - you don't need that much power for a daily commute round town (I'll count out those of us on a fifty-mile-plus commute across country!).

'03 Suzuki Blandit GSF600SK3 (NFS any more because wifey has claimed it)

8Back to top Go down    Re: Motorcycle Live! on Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:44 pm

Becky

Life time member
Life time member
Ah but snod was mostly sitting on 250 or 300cc bikes which are supposed to be the commuter friendly ones! They still had nasty seats and angry faces! And I do actually commute on the FJR and he does hate it, done 180 miles today on lovely little back roads and he's grown on me a little...

9Back to top Go down    Re: Motorcycle Live! on Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:25 pm

indian036

Life time member
Life time member
Becky wrote:done 180 miles today on lovely little back roads and he's grown on me a little...

As long as its only a little . . .

Wink

Bill

1984 K100RT White. VIN. 0023022K100RT ENG 104EA32848523

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum