BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Back to top Go down    Economy Calculator on Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:03 pm

Be made

Life time member
Life time member
ok . . I have succumbed to using a website to do my calculations. Like most things these days it is getting easier to do everything on line

2Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:28 pm

Life time member
Life time member
Arrrggg  - that table is too confusing for me. 

Our petrol pumps are in litres our speedo's in MPH, our speed limits in KPH and we measure our economy in Imperial MPG. 

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

Bike: K100LT 1988. 0172363. AKA the Bullion Brick! Mods: k1100 screen and stands.
K1: 1990. 6374189. Custom Stealth Black paint.

3Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:34 pm

indian036

Life time member
Life time member
88KE wrote:Arrrggg  - that table is too confusing for me. 

Our petrol pumps are in litres our speedo's in MPH, our speed limits in KPH and we measure our economy in Imperial MPG. 

Confusion personified!

Looks like a custom spreadsheet is required.

Bill

1984 K100RT  VIN 0023022  Work needing lots of progress

1986 K100RT  VIN 0090542  Work needing lots and lots of progress
1993 K1100LT  VIN 0183046  Work in progress
1993 K75S  VIN 0213045  Newest toy, slightly non-original

4Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:12 pm

Be made

Life time member
Life time member

so just multiply your litres purchase by 4.5 to get a gallon

4.5 litres = 1 gallon  (5 litres US I think or 4.5 litres UK)

5Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Sun Nov 30, 2014 7:33 pm

Holister

Life time member
Life time member
I use aCar from Google Playstore on my Android phone. Enter the odo reading and litres purchased before I get back on the bike. I use it to record absolutely everything to do with the bike servicing/maintenance, trips, and you can run multiple vehicles at the same time. It keeps all sorts of stats and you can export to Excel. Been using it for a few years now and bought the pro version. I have to keep acurate records for work and the taxman.

With the aCar app you can enter the data in what ever format you want eg distance in miles and the fuel in litres and it will report the economy in whatever format you want like mpg (US or UK) or l/100... there's about 10 economy formats to choose from. It does all the calcutions for you. No customised spreadsheets needed.

Fuelly.com looks to be a good web option if that's what you want and it feeds dynamic stats into a widget you can paste into your forum signature. I've not used it tho.

Cheers

Fuel:  95 Octane
Engine Oil: Nulon Full Synthetic 15W50
Gear Box Oil:  Nulon Synthetic 75W90

6Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:31 pm

RicK G

VIP
VIP
I recall reading a short story by Issac Asimov about all the computers in the world being hooked together and then they asked the ultimate question "Is there a God" the reply came very quickly "there is now" and that is what the internet has given us but all this "Google god" wants to do is collect data so it can advertise at us and take our money.

7Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Sun Nov 30, 2014 10:32 pm

Holister

Life time member
Life time member
@RicK G wrote:I recall reading a short story by Issac Asimov about all the computers in the world being hooked together and then they asked the ultimate question "Is there a God" the reply came very quickly "there is now" and that is what the internet has given us but all this "Google god" wants to do is collect data so it can advertise at us and take our money.
+1 Laughing Laughing  It was called The Last Question

Apparently Apple iPhone and iPad users are responsible for 3 times more online sales this festering season than Google Android users, even tho there are 3 times more Android devices in use.

Just gotta keep your personal details to yourself and turn your location settings off.

8Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:00 am

Crazy Frog

admin
admin
Kaptain Holister wrote:
Apparently Apple iPhone and iPad users are responsible for 3 times more online sales this festering season than Google Android users, even tho there are 3 times more Android devices in use.
A while ago (at least a year), I was reading that advertisement on your computer are different depending of the operating system you use. Advertisers consider that Apple devices are more costly and their owners will likely purchase more expansive items.
  VS 

9Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:03 am

Holister

Life time member
Life time member
Funny how Apple is now the largest company in the world with a staggering capitalisation of US$667bn (lagging some way behind in second position with a smaller but not insignificant US$410bn.... is Microsoft). Where did Apple get all that money? Shocked  US$164bn of that is in ca$h

10Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:12 am

92KK 84WW Olaf

Life time member
Life time member
Apples best advertisement was made by Microsoft. Its called Windows 8.

Has anyone met the one happy Windows 8 user?

11Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:24 am

Crazy Frog

admin
admin
@92KK 84WW Olaf wrote:Has anyone met the one happy Windows 8 user?
I use Windows 8 everyday and never had any crash.
My windows 8 has all the functionality of windows 7 (starts with the desktop + a fully functional start button). It also run the metro interface with micro$oft apps. I am also running a virtual OSX under windows 8.
Install this small addon (safe to download and install) and it will change your experience of Windows 8.

CF

12Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:26 am

Holister

Life time member
Life time member
@92KK 84WW Olaf wrote:Apples best advertisement was made by Microsoft. Its called Windows 8.

Laughing Laughing Laughing  Well they've realised their mistake there and ditching 8 next year when they release Windows 10.
They're not even going to bother with 9

13Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Mon Dec 01, 2014 9:20 am

charlie99

VIP
VIP
thanks bert seems a worthy add on

for us old timers who expect a quick way to get to apps ...we have been spoilt for such a long time , but run the desktop straight from boot in about 15 seconds on widows 8 and ready to run far quicker than 7 or any other version I can remember  from about '83 .

currently use 8.1  for the last 9 months ....after using 8.0  for the previous year ...it seems well put together  and no serious issues ....till I changed hardware ...my fault in assuming that the licence  was transferable to new hardware .

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O

14Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:33 am

RicK G

VIP
VIP
@Crazy Frog wrote:
Kaptain Holister wrote:
A while ago (at least a year), I was reading that advertisement on your computer are different depending of the operating system you use. Advertisers consider that Apple devices are more costly and their owners will likely purchase more expansive items.
  VS 
A Harley owner was one day having a winge at me about the price of Harleys and my "Harley cost $32000 and they may be good but why do they cost so much Blah Blah Blah"

My reply You bought the f&*%$ g thing and there is awaiting list so blame all the mugs with lots of cash and you are one.  New BMWs are the same

15Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:44 pm

Be made

Life time member
Life time member
@RicK G wrote:A Harley owner was one day having a winge at me about the price of Harleys and my "Harley cost $32000 and they may be good but why do they cost so much Blah Blah Blah"

My reply You bought the f&*%$ g thing and there is awaiting list so blame all the mugs with lots of cash and you are one.  New BMWs are the same
Yep. Amazingly stupid amounts of cash being thrown around on big boys toys.

Absurd when you think that, especially with bikes, the level of performance these new things have is largely unusable due to all the speed related laws and devices they have now to catch us. They all get wet in the rain, if you drop them the damage can be amazingly expensive to fix (especially on newer bikes under 5 years old) even if it is just a parking crash, and, when you are in traffic around town you are usually stuck behind the bus / car in front of you anyway

These K bikes stroll along plenty fast enough (for me at least), I doubt that the Industry has improved reliability or longevity at all and the best part is they are generally below 5 grand a pop to purchase.

So what if you need to be a bit of a mechanic and buy another one or 2 for spares. Beats spending 32 grand any day

When I got this K I seriously weighed up my options:

Equivalents:

New 883 Harley (piece of shit, slow, poor handling vibrator and too common) = $15,000 (saved 3 grand on one of those)
New BMW K1100 $24,500 AND 5 GRAND TO SPEND = 29,500 SAVED $17,500
NEW SUZUKI GSX-R1000 $21,990 + ORC SAVED $8000
NEW SUZUKI V-Strom 1000 $V-Strom 1000 $16,995 + ORC SAVED $5000
NEW 2011 HONDA CB1100 $17,995 + ORC = $18,500 SAVED $6000

None of the above would have been what I wanted. I would had to have modified all of them to end up satisfied

All in all I am happy as I have saved over $5000 on the cheapest new bike around 1000cc available, I have what I want, it is unique – the only one of its kind in the world that is exactly like it, it is what I want the way I want it and it is MINE.

I rebuilt it and nobody can take that away from me.  The pleasure I feel when riding it, knowing it as I do, is priceless!. I can do all the work on it myself, I never have to pay another mechanic for it again, it is super low maintenence and cheap as chips to run

16Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Mon Dec 01, 2014 4:20 pm

AL-58

Life time member
Life time member
Kaptain Holister wrote:
@92KK 84WW Olaf wrote:Apples best advertisement was made by Microsoft. Its called Windows 8.

Laughing Laughing Laughing  Well they've realised their mistake there and ditching 8 next year when they release Windows 10.
They're not even going to bother with 9

There's a good reason for bypassing 9, nothing to do with 8 being a dog (I dont think it is myself).

Windows 95/98/ME is often referred to as Windows 9x for drivers and support issues.  Calling the new one Windows 9 would cause some confusion with users that didn't understand the difference.

Al

'87 K100RT with Paralever backend

"When I'm too old and too foolish to handle a sidecar I'll buy a Sportsbike"

17Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:10 pm

Crazy Frog

admin
admin
@charlie99 wrote:currently use 8.1  for the last 9 months ....after using 8.0  for the previous year ...it seems well put together  and no serious issues ....till I changed hardware ...my fault in assuming that the licence  was transferable to new hardware .
I believe that your license become obsolete if you replace 3 or more pieces of hardware at one time.
Solution: change one piece of hardware, run Windows for few days then replace another one and so on.  Very Happy

18Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:46 pm

Be made

Life time member
Life time member

What was (is?) wrong with Windows 7 ?

I don't like the forced compliance of having to move on up due to older systems being "unsupported" any more

I ran windows XP for years. a damn good very robust system.

Was forced out of it when the hard drive s*%t itself. Only then did I get a laptop with Vista on it which was pretty good. Then a mate of mine who is a microsoft certified techy offered me a windows 7 upgrade. After demonstrating it to me he went and installed Windows 7 Enterprise Edition

I have no qualms with it. It is a laptop doing the job of a desktop, it stays on 24/7 unless there is a power cut (pretty rare here these days) so boot time is not an issue and it does everything a computer is supposed to

I assume in a few years it will be "Windows 25" , or 26 or whatever but will still only perform the basic functions of any computer which is storing and displaying information in a digital format and being a glorified adding machine

I do not get the need for superceeding that which already works really well just for the sake of superceeding. I DO get that it is all about MONEY (THEM getting it off US)

It is the equivalent of me upgrading to a K1600 for $29,000 and no real need and still being only allowed to do 100kph, but capable of 260

19Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:33 pm

Be made

Life time member
Life time member
@Be made wrote:ok . . I have succumbed to using a website to do my calculations. Like most things these days it is getting easier to do everything on line

So . . . getting back to the original purpose of this thread . . I did my calculations and, for 270 kilometres it cost me 17 litres which is (according to the calc) 6.3 litres per 100K's

Question is . . is this good, bad or ugly ??

I know the level of fuel consumption has everything to do with one's riding style (mainly) and how well the bike is running etc but just curious what other K owners are experiencing

The trip I measured this on was done riding 2 up, a slightly windy but fine day. There was a couple of strops of about 9 k's each up around the red line in top gear but the rest of the trip was pretty much at the posted speed limits, 2 small towns @ 50 - 60 kph and the main roads @ 100 - 110 kph

What is other K riders fuel economy like ??

20Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:53 am

AL-58

Life time member
Life time member
@Be made wrote:

I assume in a few years it will be "Windows 25" , or 26 or whatever but will still only perform the basic functions of any computer which is storing and displaying information in a digital format and being a glorified adding machine

Who knows? That will depend on Microsofts marketing people at the time.  They've already gone from version numbers (2, 3.0, 3.1) to years (95, 98, 98SE) to letters that meant little (ME) back to years (2000) to letters that meant nothing (XP) to a name that meant nothing (Vista) then back to version numbers (7, 8, 8.1) that dont line up to the actual release version numbers.

I'm guessing Windows LT and Windows RS sometime in the future.

Al

21Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:17 am

charlie99

VIP
VIP
@Crazy Frog wrote:
@charlie99 wrote:currently use 8.1  for the last 9 months ....after using 8.0  for the previous year ...it seems well put together  and no serious issues ....till I changed hardware ...my fault in assuming that the licence  was transferable to new hardware .
I believe that your license become obsolete if you replace 3 or more pieces of hardware at one time.
Solution: change one piece of hardware, run Windows for few days then replace another one and so on.  Very Happy

yeah was thinking that also bert ...but when I chose to change motherboard , cpu , integrated graphics (and so many other things integrated into the motherboard  )  it all went to crap

but a good clue for many who want to stay with their current system and "os" of the windows variety if they have the implementation of the windows "hal " hardware abstraction layer "   which is used to identify changes to system components  ie win 7  8 etc

my previous system had lasted well ...gigabyte motherboard  purchased in 2005 ...except for replacing the power supply (rotten low quality capacitors ) served me well with win xp \

...cheers

22Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:14 am

indian036

Life time member
Life time member
@Be made wrote:
So . . . getting back to the original purpose of this thread . . I did my calculations and, for 270 kilometres it cost me 17 litres which is (according to the calc) 6.3 litres per 100K's

Question is . . is this good, bad or ugly ??

I know the level of fuel consumption has everything to do with one's riding style (mainly) and how well the bike is running etc but just curious what other K owners are experiencing

The trip I measured this on was done riding 2 up, a slightly windy but fine day. There was a couple of strops of about 9 k's each up around the red line in top gear but the rest of the trip was pretty much at the posted speed limits, 2 small towns @ 50 - 60 kph and the main roads @ 100 - 110 kph

What is other K riders fuel economy like ??

Last week I put up my figures for the ride through the northern tablelands Here (post 184).

Overall 6.06L/100km, with a section with lots of lower gear work and a shorter section near the end with likely less accuracy. Total ~2100km, with 2 full panniers and a tent and compact swag on board for all but about 500km. No pillion in my case. 

Given the pillion, I'd say it is fairly consistent with my figures. Probably not safe to ask the weight of the pillion, but likely to be more than my swag and tent, possibly more air resistance too. Also, I didn't have the top gear redline bits, which will always use a fair bit extra for that part. 

Cheers, Bill

1984 K100RT  VIN 0023022  Work needing lots of progress

1986 K100RT  VIN 0090542  Work needing lots and lots of progress
1993 K1100LT  VIN 0183046  Work in progress
1993 K75S  VIN 0213045  Newest toy, slightly non-original

23Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:40 am

Holister

Life time member
Life time member
I recently made a trip from far north coast NSW to Sydney and back with about 40kg of gear. A couple of fillups must've been crook fuel because I got over 8 lit/100km (Coolongolook and Barington). Discount those and I was averaging around 6.7 lit. My run back up Thunderbolt's Way to Uralla was 6.8.
I just cleaned my injectors and found one was leaking so I'm hoping this will come down considerably at my next fill.

Last edited by Kaptain Holister on Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:03 am; edited 1 time in total

24Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:48 am

charlie99

VIP
VIP
note :: avoid fuel at colongolook

filled my Toyota there one time with 47 litres ......the tank only holds 40 litres bone dry ...and it wasn't indicating a empty  !!!

have also noted that 7 - 11 petrol stops are selling 98 that isn't 98 ...my car (high compression version ) is particually susceptible to lower than average fuel rating and have found recently that bp and 7-11  are boasting about their fuel ron ratings and selling you bs (maybe 95 if your lucky ) fuel for the best price

regards

25Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:59 am

Holister

Life time member
Life time member
@charlie99 wrote:note :: avoid fuel at colongolook

filled my Toyota there one time with 47 litres ......the tank only holds 40 litres bone dry ...and it wasn't indicating a empty  !!!

That would explain it then. Maybe not crook fuel but registered more fuel than I got.
I filled at the Caltex roadhouse.

26Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:49 pm

Be made

Life time member
Life time member
@charlie99 wrote:note :: avoid fuel at colongolook

have also noted that 7 - 11 petrol stops are selling 98 that isn't 98 ...my car (high compression version ) is particually susceptible to lower than average fuel rating and have found recently that bp and 7-11  are boasting about their fuel ron ratings and selling you bs (maybe 95 if your lucky ) fuel for the best price

regards
Wow. That blows me away. Here in NZ they have not stooped that low (YET!). For the first time in about 3 - 4 years the price has gone below $2.00 a liter, no issues with quality (Yet)

27Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:33 pm

Comberjohn

Life time member
Life time member
Just to put a different perspective on it, I thought I would share the fuel consumption figures of my overpriced, overpowered and marginally reliable K1600GT.  Wink 
Haven't used a calculator, the 'putor on the K16 does it for me. Seems quite accurate, too. Have it set to give me the figures in miles per imperial gallon. Still use them in the old country, y'knows.
It has two average mpg readings. The first one I just let it run all of the time to give me an overall fuel consumption.
Currently it's giving me an overall consumption of 57mpg or 5 litres/100km.
The other, I reset before I go on a run or a trip. It's usually a similar figure but on the 'Norn Iron' 2014 run in September when I was guiding the rest of the chaps, it hit 65mpg or 4.3 litres/100km.
Have been known to exceed 100kph, have been known to exceed 100mph. Mostly, I sit at around 60-70mph.
The K16 is seriously torquey(129 ft/lb) and it's mainly at low revs. You rarely need to exceed 4000rpm.
Redline it and you better be holding tight. Sounds good though!
With a 26 litres, it's easy to get 300 miles plus to a tank.
Oh, by the way. Changed over to a Mac at the start of the year. Would never go back to Windows.

1986 K100 Silver(gone)
2012 K1600GT(gone)
1984 K100RT Madison Silver(gone)
1989 K100LT Stratus Grey(gone)
1984 K100 Red(gone)
http://www.johnsdrivingschool.co

28Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:29 pm

RicK G

VIP
VIP
I have the fuel computer that Wmax351 made for me and quite a few others from motobrick.com and while I was coming from Canberra to Sidknee on the way home from the Alpine Rally I was closely watching the instant fuel consumption figures and it was interesting to note that with the cruise control on the figures varied from 4.3/100 on very smooth tarmac to 4.5/100 on concrete with rain channelling to 4.8/100 on the very rough bitumen made of sprayed tar and coarse crushed rock.  So .5/100 just by the road surface.
When I was towing the caravan with the 4x4 F250 diesel I would always feel that the rough coarse bitumen was using more fuel than the smooth tarmac but didn't realize it was that much.

As for computers I use W7 but if I could find a suitable CAD program for Linux then that's where I would be going. At the very best I would say I tolerate W7.

29Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:47 pm

Be made

Life time member
Life time member
@RicK G wrote:... ... I was closely watching the instant fuel consumption figures and it was interesting to note that with the cruise control on the figures varied from 4.3/100 on very smooth tarmac to 4.5/100 on concrete with rain channelling to 4.8/100 on the very rough bitumen made of sprayed tar and coarse crushed rock.  So .5/100 just by the road surface.
When I was towing the caravan with the 4x4 F250 diesel I would always feel that the rough coarse bitumen was using more fuel than the smooth tarmac but didn't realize it was that much.
That is quite interesting. As you guys know my K is unfaired so I am assuming a lot less efficient due to the increased drag. I will monitor usage

30Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:46 pm

sidecar paul

Life time member
Life time member
Here's real economy,  roundel a copy lives in my wallet. I was glad of a calculator when I composed it.  :geek:

The readings are proper MILES PER GALLON, in spite of the top line being in litres!

Of course, I only check my fuel consumption if I know I've not been tanking it..........well, you don't really want to know how much you're using, especially with an outfit, do you?

Paul.

31Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:50 am

Life time member
Life time member
@sidecar paul wrote:Here's real economy,  roundel a copy lives in my wallet. I was glad of a calculator when I composed it.  :geek: litres!

That's a cracking job Grommit old chap! How about asking bert to upload a copy of that in the downloads section (if you see what I mean) ?

Looks like I get 44-47mpg depending on how I ride and thats with the restrictor still in. (I know, I Know.....long finger and all that!)

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

Bike: K100LT 1988. 0172363. AKA the Bullion Brick! Mods: k1100 screen and stands.
K1: 1990. 6374189. Custom Stealth Black paint.

32Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:39 am

AJ.Valente

Life time member
Life time member
I shake my head reading threads like this. Evil or Very Mad

The 'k' bike is a four cylinder with quad fuel injectors--it's made for performance.

One of the knocks against the K1200RS (my newest ride) is that fuel economy wasn't good enough to call it a "touring" model. Critics said the R1150 (boxer twin) was better suited for touring as it boasted great fuel economy. 

My first season on a K100 I had cold spark plugs, stayed at or below the speed limit, and ran at the highest gear possible. Got 40MPG (and that's American gallons). The next year with hotter plugs, I was leaning into curves and revving the engine--got about 38MPG. So, by my calculus, I was spending a bit more money, maybe a $1-2 a tank, but having lot more fun. ⭐

So, I guess what I'm saying to my good friends on this board is, "If you're consistently getting high fuel mileage on the "k" bike--you're not doing it right." Twisted Evil

My old K100 RT Pics and Mods

33Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:53 am

92KK 84WW Olaf

Life time member
Life time member
I like to remember one Saturday we were meeting at Stradbally.

Coming off the roundabout near me I was passed by a government ministers car, heading back to Dublin after a function here the previous evening. The [police] driver proceeded to drive it at xxx mph [3 digits!]. So, I tucked in behind for 100 miles......They go really well at that speed.

The K drank alright.......but it ran like clockwork and I felt I was doing it right......

38mpg on those little American gallons is still about 47.5 miles on proper gallons. You should be able to get that down to 32mpg.....

34Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:22 pm

sidecar paul

Life time member
Life time member
88KE wrote:

That's a cracking job Grommit old chap! How about asking bert to upload a copy of that in the downloads section (if you see what I mean) ?

Unfortunately,Will, the original was on an old lap-top that crashed.  Sad

But, if you PM your address, I have a spare copy that I can post to you as a Christmas pressie.  cheers

Grommit.

35Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:31 pm

Be made

Life time member
Life time member
@sidecar paul wrote:
88KE wrote:

But, if you PM your address, I have a spare copy that I can post to you as a Christmas pressie.  cheers

Grommit.
Could you scan the hard copy and upload a digital version please

36Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:38 pm

Crazy Frog

admin
admin
@sidecar paul wrote:

Grommit.

Now we have a new site to share files. Why not using it?
Site name, username and password are on the top of our download page Smile

Grommit? What is the name of your dog Paul?

37Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Fri Dec 05, 2014 11:44 pm

WandererK1

Silver member
Silver member
How does that calculator work sidecar paul.?  I must be missing something here...

I keep a track of my fuel economy via dividing kilometers ridden by fuel used to get the kilometers per litre, usually around 17k per ltr on my R bike...
Yet to ride my K1 and find out what she will do...

38Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:12 am

AL-58

Life time member
Life time member
@WandererK1 wrote:How does that calculator work sidecar paul.?  I must be missing something here...

I keep a track of my fuel economy via dividing kilometers ridden by fuel used to get the kilometers per litre, usually around 17k per ltr on my R bike...
Yet to ride my K1 and find out what she will do...
The UK is bit mixed up because they measure distance in miles and sell petrol in litres.  mpg or km/litre are not easy mental calculations using those inputs.

Al

39Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:57 am

RicK G

VIP
VIP
If you multiply litres/Km by 2.83 you get MPG. That is real gallons not the recently invented US galloons.

40Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:18 am

Holister

Life time member
Life time member
I've reconstructed Sidecarpaul's fuel reckoner into a few different formats UK mpg, US mpg, Km/Lit and Lit/100km
This is an example

To use the reckoner cross-reference the distance travelled with the fuel used.

You can download the PDF from the download site CF mentions above and print it out, trim it and stick it in your wallet.
If you want to customise it you can also download the Excel file and adjust the distance and fuel ranges. The economy figures will automatically recalculate.
Both files are located in my member's folder on the download site. Follow the links from the Members Only forum at the bottom of the Forum Tab.

Personally, I think you're better off just downloading an app for your phone like aCar.

41Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:39 am

WandererK1

Silver member
Silver member
Ahhh ok, miles per hour an litres, no wonder Im confused...  Laughing

Kaptain, great stuff, shall try get me a download of those, seems like something to have... Cheers J

PS, Where is the download link..?

42Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:53 am

Holister

Life time member
Life time member
Might be easier to download it from here
Fuel_Reckoner.PDF
Fuel_Reckoner.XLSX

43Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:32 pm

Be made

Life time member
Life time member
Kaptain Holister wrote:Might be easier to download it from here
Fuel_Reckoner.PDF
Fuel_Reckoner.XLSX
Nice work. And very easy to access
Thanks for this

44Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:46 pm

WandererK1

Silver member
Silver member
Kaptain Holister wrote:Might be easier to download it from here
Fuel_Reckoner.PDF
Fuel_Reckoner.XLSX
Yea just downloaded it myself, awesome, we will all be running around with pocket paper fuel calculators now hahaha, thanks heaps... Very Happy

45Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:19 pm

sidecar paul

Life time member
Life time member
Thanks Kaptain,  ......and the battery will never go flat, Wanderer!

Paul.

46Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:15 pm

WandererK1

Silver member
Silver member
@sidecar paul wrote:Thanks Kaptain,  ......and the battery will never go flat, Wanderer!

Paul.
Hahaha yea so true Paul... Perfect then... Surprised-o:

47Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Sat Dec 06, 2014 7:10 pm

sidecar paul

Life time member
Life time member
@Crazy Frog wrote:
Now we have a new site to share files. Why not using it?
Site name, username and password are on the top of our download page Smile

Grommit? What is the name of your dog Paul?
 Well, amazingly, I've added a scan of my 'miles per gallon' calculator to the shared files site,
 so it must be easy to upload files if I can do it!! :geek: 

Paul.

48Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:50 am

WoodyAUK75

Silver member
Silver member
Uh... 300kms from tank, 18l tank. 300 divided by 100 equals three. 18 divided by three equals six. 6l per 100km. better than my Falcon, but not real flash against newer vehicles.

49Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:56 am

Two Wheels Better

Regular unleaded petrol at the local Chevron servo down the street is US$2.39 per US (4 qt) gallon! And it's only $2.69 for premium. At the current exchange to the Aussie dollar that's about AU.71 cents per litre. Bloody hell.

Calculate that. These are the economical times. Now that the US is exporting more due to tar sands extraction, etc., than they import, there surely must be some political footballs aloft.

'77 R75/7-1000cc, '87 K100RS, '93 K12 Big Block, '94 R100 Mystic, '03 K1200GT, '04 R1150RT, '06 K1200R, '07 K1200R & '09 K1300GT
Two Airheads, three Bricks, an Oilhead and a trio of new K's.

50Back to top Go down    Re: Economy Calculator on Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:28 am

charlie99

VIP
VIP
$1.49  per litre  for 98 at the moment twb

the rip of bastards are buying it at half price out of malaysia  (tapis crude ) and still we only see a 20 cent a litre price drop ???

e10 unleaded cheapest we have seen in 10 years at 1.20 odd

wont last though ....our confidence restoring government has let the aussie fall to the lowest in 10 years also ...81 c us (and falling ) ....AND ...104 Nz ,,, (don't want to think what it is to the gb pound ...sigh ) crikey things are crook out here  and likely to get very much worse.

just a sign of the times I guess ,,, and our poor selection of representatives in government

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum