BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   LT RT Dash Empty LT RT Dash on Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:52 am

Jez

Jez
Gold member
Gold member
I'm changing the handlebar set up on the RS to an RT. I bought a dash pad off a dude the other day and have realised that he sold it to me without the mounting brackets!

So I'm after either the mounting brackets for the bottom of it OR the hole freaking thing again. That is an RT or LT dash pad for an early K.

I have a nice RS one available if anybody wants a swap. Also a set of RS cables (clutch and throttle) with little use.

LT RT Dash 178468 

Jez.

Last edited by Jez on Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : coz I'm a Grammar Nazi)

2Back to top Go down   LT RT Dash Empty Re: LT RT Dash on Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:32 am

Holister

Holister
Life time member
Life time member
Hi Jez
Post a pic of what you have. I may be interested in a swap as I'm going naked. I'll be looking for flat bars eventually but the cables and brake lines etc would be ok I think. I'll need to get some advice on that.
My clutch and throttle cables are only a few months old.
I'll be in Sydney early Jan. Could catch up then but don't let me hold your plans up if another option presents.
Cheers

LT RT Dash Austra12    Fuel:  95 Octane
Engine Oil: Nulon Full Synthetic 15W50
Gear Box Oil:  Nulon Synthetic 75W90

3Back to top Go down   LT RT Dash Empty Re: LT RT Dash on Thu Dec 11, 2014 7:36 am

werewasi

werewasi
Platinum member
Platinum member
May be able to help you because i have an RT arriving on truck fr sydney tomorrow morning. I can't remember exactly what's on the bike because i only had a quick look at it when down in Hellensburgh.

Give me the w/end and i'll get back to you.

K100RS  1983 and 1986 (bought a 2nd and put them both together in a dark garage thinking that i would get a heap of parts from the progeny but nothing happened- think they're gay)  Laughing Laughing Laughing

1985 K75, Guzzi V7 Special, 1986 GB500, 1974 T500, 1986 MB5 with the whoppa 100cc engine transplant, NC 700 SA Honda, two 1986 Kawasaki BR250s

4Back to top Go down   LT RT Dash Empty I'm looking for a brake hose too! on Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:41 pm

Jez

Jez
Gold member
Gold member
Cheers,
thanks for the replies guys, werewasi, if you find yourself with that dash pad, I'm looking for a top brake hose too. I thought the one I removed before fitting the RS bars would be long enough but it ain't.

Kaptain,
thanks for the offer, I am trying to get it done a bit earlier than Jan, I'll post some piccies later today.
I may be corrected, but I found after going from the bastardised bars that the bike came with down to the original RS bars that neither clutch nor throttle cables behaved very nicely, hence the newish condition of the ones I took off to go up to the LT bars.

So I'm looking for a top hose as well to suit an early RT/LT.

Thanks everybody.
Jez.

5Back to top Go down   LT RT Dash Empty Gettin there on Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:03 pm

Jez

Jez
Gold member
Gold member
Hi Guys,

I think I've found the dash (pending price) But I do need a top brake hose still so werewasi if you've got that to spare I'd love to hear from you.
[

Kap'n if your still interested,

url=https://servimg.com/view/18226917/56]LT RT Dash 2014-110[/url]

Also Kap, I have a couple of RS top hoses, 1 that's done about 1000ks or so (only just fixed the odo) and a brand newy, (they sent me 2 from the states when I bought one, but who am I to argue with Dispatch?)
Let me know if you're still interested in any of the gear left over.

Jez.

6Back to top Go down   LT RT Dash Empty Re: LT RT Dash on Fri Dec 12, 2014 3:12 am

werewasi

werewasi
Platinum member
Platinum member
I thought you wanted the 3' long uprights that hold the dashpad up. Can you tell me specifically what you need.

If you are having to pay for a dash, then are you interested in a free one. I'll take a pic tomorrow as i dismantle dash/bars stuff and show you what i've got. 

If you have some RS cables spare, then that would be great. Do you want my RT cables?

I will swap you an RT top hose.

Guy who transports bikes and dropped the RT off today has gone on to Brisbane but will be going to Sydney Sun morning. Would be good if i could package up the stuff and give it to him on his way back.

K100RS  1983 and 1986 (bought a 2nd and put them both together in a dark garage thinking that i would get a heap of parts from the progeny but nothing happened- think they're gay)  Laughing Laughing Laughing

1985 K75, Guzzi V7 Special, 1986 GB500, 1974 T500, 1986 MB5 with the whoppa 100cc engine transplant, NC 700 SA Honda, two 1986 Kawasaki BR250s

7Back to top Go down   LT RT Dash Empty Re: LT RT Dash on Sat Dec 13, 2014 1:23 am

Holister

Holister
Life time member
Life time member
@Jez wrote:Hi Guys,

I think I've found the dash (pending price) But I do need a top brake hose still so werewasi if you've got that to spare I'd love to hear from you.
[

Kap'n if your still interested,

url=https://servimg.com/view/18226917/56]LT RT Dash 2014-110[/url]

Also Kap, I have a couple of RS top hoses, 1 that's done about 1000ks or so (only just fixed the odo) and a brand newy, (they sent me 2 from the states when I bought one, but who am I to argue with Dispatch?)
Let me know if you're still interested in any of the gear left over.

Jez.
Hi Jez
Not necessarily after the RS bars but was willing to swap. I'm after brake hose and cables but will be using flat bars when I reconfigure. Not even started to look at the logistics of that and whether RS hose and cables would suit. This is a new year project. Maybe I could call in to check out what you have when I'm in Sydney in a week or two or Mid Jan.
pm me your ph and I'll call around then if that's ok.
Cheers
Nigel

LT RT Dash Austra12    Fuel:  95 Octane
Engine Oil: Nulon Full Synthetic 15W50
Gear Box Oil:  Nulon Synthetic 75W90

8Back to top Go down   LT RT Dash Empty Re: LT RT Dash on Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:21 am

MikeisonTV

MikeisonTV
Silver member
Silver member
I have a spare of that dash too if that price on that one isn't good....

9Back to top Go down   LT RT Dash Empty Re: LT RT Dash on Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:22 am

werewasi

werewasi
Platinum member
Platinum member
I have the brake hose from the RT.

Have the clutch, throttle and "choke" cables.

Have the dashpad and the 3' long stays that connect it to the top of the forks.

Want the key barrel out of the dashpad for my RS.

any use?

10Back to top Go down   LT RT Dash Empty Re: LT RT Dash on Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:14 pm

Jez

Jez
Gold member
Gold member
AAaaaargh!

My apologies to all who answered me here since last posting, I seemed to have missed any emails alerting me to further responses!

Thank you all who looked and fossicked for me. I have a dash arriving in the post and I've a brake hose coming ( I think).

Kap'n Pm sent..

Jez.

PS All cables have been replaced with new apart from the old "choke" cable from the bastardised bars which still reaches, So werewasi, I'm on the cusp of riding, again my apologies, I only saw your posts this morn.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum