BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Empty ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:17 pm

werewasi

werewasi
Platinum member
Platinum member
Anyone feel like going for a ride over the holiday period. Say a Numinbah valley, - Cawongla - Lions road loop.

or something else. 

just join up at the point nearest to you. have lunch ?

K100RS  1983 and 1986 (bought a 2nd and put them both together in a dark garage thinking that i would get a heap of parts from the progeny but nothing happened- think they're gay)  Laughing Laughing Laughing

1985 K75, Guzzi V7 Special, 1986 GB500, 1974 T500, 1986 MB5 with the whoppa 100cc engine transplant, NC 700 SA Honda, two 1986 Kawasaki BR250s

2Back to top Go down   ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Empty Re: ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:24 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I am waiting on a new pair of discs for my jalopy, if I get them in time I could meet for lunch somewhere.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Empty Re: ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:53 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
maybe I can ,,,still building stuff 

should know by sunday

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

4Back to top Go down   ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Empty Re: ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:40 pm

werewasi

werewasi
Platinum member
Platinum member
I have spare pads if you need them

K100RS  1983 and 1986 (bought a 2nd and put them both together in a dark garage thinking that i would get a heap of parts from the progeny but nothing happened- think they're gay)  Laughing Laughing Laughing

1985 K75, Guzzi V7 Special, 1986 GB500, 1974 T500, 1986 MB5 with the whoppa 100cc engine transplant, NC 700 SA Honda, two 1986 Kawasaki BR250s

5Back to top Go down   ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Empty Re: ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Fri Dec 12, 2014 7:50 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Mine is a K1100. I got a set of discs from James Sherlock while they were on special 60 quid each was a good buy.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

6Back to top Go down   ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Empty Re: ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:05 pm

werewasi

werewasi
Platinum member
Platinum member
Ouch!

I got Ferodos from motobins for ten pounds a pair. Good deal or will I regret it.?

7Back to top Go down   ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Empty Re: ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:44 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
That's discs not pads at 60 quid. The K1100 discs are quite different to the K100.  Fredos are good pads not the best but reliably good.

8Back to top Go down   ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Empty Re: ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Fri Dec 12, 2014 8:59 pm

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
Pencil me in for a ride.

9Back to top Go down   ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Empty Re: ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:17 pm

werewasi

werewasi
Platinum member
Platinum member
It will be Clive Palmer who pencils you in. He's ride leader.

10Back to top Go down   ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Empty Re: ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Sun Dec 14, 2014 7:19 am

werewasi

werewasi
Platinum member
Platinum member
Just an idea.

What about meeting up late Sat afternoon (or call it day 1) at running Creek (5kms down from Tick gate on 
Qld side) and there's a great little level spot just south of the camp ground next to the creek. That way you don't get the c/grd noise etc.
Then take off to Beaudesert, Numinbah, Cawongla, in the morning.
That way people can start where they want (or finish).

Rick, If you want a place to stay before heading back to Stanthorpe, i can put you up.

My mate Eric wants to know if you'll let him turn up on his MZ 301. Sorry, the guy has absolutely no taste in motorcycles

11Back to top Go down   ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Empty Re: ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Sun Dec 14, 2014 8:00 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
"running creek"

where exactly ? 

what road are we on ?

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

12Back to top Go down   ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Empty Re: ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:48 am

Holister

Holister
Life time member
Life time member
Aaaawww bugger! Riding South early Sunday morning. Won't be back till mid Jan.
Next time.

1989 K100RT     VIN  0097367 (naked)  
1996 K1100RS   VIN  0451808
 ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Austra12    Fuel:  95 Octane
Engine Oil: Nulon Full Synthetic 15W50
Gear Box Oil:  Nulon Synthetic 75W90

13Back to top Go down   ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Empty Re: ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:13 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
This coming Saturday is out for me mainly because of all the party and Christmas drinks get togethers that aren't easy to get out of in a small town.

I was thinking it was going to be an after Christmas ride.

14Back to top Go down   ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Empty Re: ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:08 pm

werewasi

werewasi
Platinum member
Platinum member
yes, definitely after Christmas. Maybe New Year or the following week. i'm not working so can go anytime.
Will fit in with anybody.

Running Creek is on the Lions road which is the great little road that runs from the Kyogle - Wodenbong Hwy through Cougal and at the border has the tick gate on it. Qld's call it the Rathdowney road on their side.

Running Creek is 5kms down hill on your side.  

Worth stopping at the top at the lookout and watching the trains climb the spiral - great railway engineering.

Lions club attempted to build this road through to Qld in the 70's but the engineering hurdles were enormous. Kyogle Shire took over the road building. If you haven't ridden it before, it's mind blowing.

15Back to top Go down   ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Empty Re: ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Sun Dec 14, 2014 1:21 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
yeah been heading over the Lyons road  since the 70s  ...my ex boss (Kyogle shire civil engineer ) designed and built that one high level bridge that sweeps around a corner on the Kyogle side

including before the army engineers put in the woop de doos  just the other side of the border in the late 80s  the road used to traverse the tickgate ridge straight down to the creek then follow it ...almost impassable during a rain event just there .

I know the campsite your referring to a couple of creek crossings or so after the tick gate heading north

there are a few names like "running creek" in the area  so I was confused .

16Back to top Go down   ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Empty Re: ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:25 pm

werewasi

werewasi
Platinum member
Platinum member
Charlie,
Let us know when you've worked out something that suits you - several options better and then we can run it past Rick. No hurry.
same offer for you - if you want a place to stay.

Have either you or Rick got an RS screen aerofoil that i could try out. Wind very noisy on my helmet and if it's any good i''ll go on the hunt for one.

17Back to top Go down   ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Empty Re: ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:11 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
sorry werewasi no aerofoil for rs here - yet !

18Back to top Go down   ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Empty Re: ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Sun Dec 14, 2014 5:38 pm

Holister

Holister
Life time member
Life time member
David. Thought you were riding this Saturday. Won't be back till 2nd week jan at the earliest so if it happens after that I may be able to make it.
Cheers.

19Back to top Go down   ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Empty Re: ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:10 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Charlie got all the RS fairing bits I had so I don't have one either.

20Back to top Go down   ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Empty Re: ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:20 pm

werewasi

werewasi
Platinum member
Platinum member
How about Saturday 3 Jan to be at Running Creek.

feedback please

21Back to top Go down   ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Empty Re: ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:46 am

werewasi

werewasi
Platinum member
Platinum member
so apart from TacKler, there's no body else coming. I will just have to tip all the free beer in to the creek.

This sort of rejection is only going to produce more work for my therapist in my "destruction and repair of self esteem" sessions and she was looking forward to a holiday break.

22Back to top Go down   ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Empty Re: ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:58 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I may be able to come but as yet can't commit to it.
I have found that organizing rides between the end of November to the end of the school holidays which is usually Australia Day is a very chancy thing, many have family commitments or are away from home having yearly holidays or if working have heavy schedules because of low staff numbers.

23Back to top Go down   ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Empty Re: ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:59 pm

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
I would like to do that ride, just the wrong time for me. Between the Kids birthday's and Christmas ect.
You see It's a compromise, spend time with family commitments now, so I can have some ride time throughout the year.

98 K1100lt: Vin 8044

24Back to top Go down   ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Empty Re: ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:09 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
as I said before ...don't know the outcome of the rebuild yet ....and appropriately would like to put 1000 ks (OR MORE )  on gerty before I commit to the wilds of the boarder regions ...where phone contact is patchy and tow - lift trucks charge a premium for the pleasure .

but will be attempting to get that all in, over the Christmas period ...and before new year be ready and willing

I love the rathdownie to boarder road  with its straights and then twistys over the mountains ...and then down the summerland way to Kyogle ...Cawongla...  murbar (murwillumbar) also gets my vote ...along with the chillingham - Nerang pass through numinbar valley

hoping to get onboard for the pre- christmas visit to my mums place in south Lismore (should be Wednesday some time ?)

25Back to top Go down   ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Empty Re: ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:22 pm

werewasi

werewasi
Platinum member
Platinum member
Would be great to have you along Charlie.

If you're coming to Lismore, why don't you call in.

i sent you a PM about the RT fairing and when you didn't respond, i took it that you didn't want it. however it hasn't gone in the bin yet so if you want to pick it up it's here.

26Back to top Go down   ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Empty Re: ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:59 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
oops ...pm sent ...didn't think I had the option

27Back to top Go down   ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Empty Re: ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:50 pm

Holister

Holister
Life time member
Life time member
Just bite the bullet David and call it for February. Your therapist will be so glad you are showing some progress. Laughing

28Back to top Go down   ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Empty Re: ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:08 pm

werewasi

werewasi
Platinum member
Platinum member
I am feeling very "ride deprived" at the moment.

can't go on the BP Browns plain ride on the 29th because the Clarence club ride is on that day and i have to show.

I can't go cold turkey beyond the 3rd of jan

Anything else on ?

29Back to top Go down   ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Empty Northern NSW ride Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:25 am

Pegasus

Pegasus
Silver member
Silver member
werewasi wrote:Charlie,
Let us know when you've worked out something that suits you - several options better and then we can run it past Rick. No hurry.
same offer for you - if you want a place to stay.

Have either you or Rick got an RS screen aerofoil that i could try out. Wind very noisy on my helmet and if it's any good i''ll go on the hunt for one.
I'm out from 29 Dec to 6 Jan as I'm looking after my daughter's fur-kids whilst they go on holidays.

I don't have a RS aerofoil, but I do have a laminar lip that I'm not using anymore (as I now have a Aeroflow fairing extension) - http://www.laminarlip.com/k100rs.php

Andrew
Ipswich QLD

30Back to top Go down   ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Empty Re: ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:31 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Don't forget to spoil them rotten and feed them up on red cordial before they go back Laughing

31Back to top Go down   ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Empty Re: ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:50 am

werewasi

werewasi
Platinum member
Platinum member
Tks Pegasus,
I may have confused people by talking about an aerofoil. What i meant was that little deflector that sits in the two holes just in front of the top of the usual screen.
The wind noise is bad. Have compared it to when i just sit up as straight as poss, when it is much less.
Even my naked Honda NC is quieter.
So i'd just like to try something out to see if there is a possible improvement.

32Back to top Go down   ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Empty Re: ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:37 am

Pegasus

Pegasus
Silver member
Silver member
werewasi wrote:Tks Pegasus,
I may have confused people by talking about an aerofoil. What i meant was that little deflector that sits in the two holes just in front of the top of the usual screen.
The wind noise is bad. Have compared it to when i just sit up as straight as poss, when it is much less.
Even my naked Honda NC is quieter.
So i'd just like to try something out to see if there is a possible improvement.

I knew exactly what you were referring to. If you are tall, the standard screen creates a lot of wind buffeting. I found that adjusting the BMW aerofoil tab angle makes no appreciable difference.
Hence my experiment with the Laminar lip (USA). It made a difference. But as I am 190cm tall, it wasn't enough. So I found a "tall" Aeroflow (USA) screen for sale here in Queensland.
It made a huge difference, but there is a downside in that the fuel economy went down (big screen - more air resistance). Another downside is the big price (even 2nd hand).

33Back to top Go down   ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Empty Re: ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:09 pm

Holister

Holister
Life time member
Life time member
Same problem here. Huge amount of turbulance off the top of the RT screen (mine has the aerofoil) which created a lot of noise even with plugs in. I replaced it with a piece of 3mm hi-impact acrylic just 350mm in height. Noise is much less now. Temp measure really cause the whole fairing is going in the new year.

34Back to top Go down   ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Empty Re: ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:05 am

Jez

Jez
Silver member
Silver member
+1 on the RS airfoil thing. I'm 185cm and it made no difference how ever it was adjusted. Silence is attained by either scooching down behind the meager RS fairing or standing up.

My $0.02

Jez

35Back to top Go down   ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Empty Re: ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Tue Dec 23, 2014 5:55 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
It is getting more and more unlikely that I shall be able to make this ride. I put new discs on the red rocket and in doing that couldn't pump the master cylinder so as to get the pads onto the discs. The M/C stuck at the bottom of the bore and eventually came back to the 1/2 way mark but wont come back any further. I have had it apart several times and have come to the conclusion that the back seal is an imperial size (13/16) seal and not 20mm as it is supposed to be and makes the piston stick. Result is a non functioning bike until I get it sorted.

36Back to top Go down   ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Empty Re: ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:03 pm

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
ouch ...sad to hear rick

good luck with the fix

37Back to top Go down   ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Empty Re: ride - Northern NSW - S E Qld. Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:07 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Yeah it will get fixed OK it's just that when these things happen to me its always right on Christmas and you can rarely get parts till after New Year.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum