BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down    Summer has FINALLY arrived in NZ! on Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:52 am

Be made

Life time member
Life time member
Today Summer finally struck this beautiful Island

We went from an overnight low of 7 degrees last night to a stunning 26 degrees @ midday today

Wow. I went for a small blat @ 9.00am and the weather was puuurfect, around 19, sunny, balmy. 10/10

Then, again, @ 145pm and wow. . . talk about COOK. The small consolation was the mild chill factor in the wind although you had to be doing dome pretty serious speeds to get it up you

I am SO glad I am on a Naked K bike and not the LT I purchased Beer drinker Beer drinker Beer drinker

2Back to top Go down    Re: Summer has FINALLY arrived in NZ! on Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:02 am

charlie99

VIP
VIP
nice temp mate ...makes riding so enjoyable ....38 degrees c at my leanto this afternoon in the shade ....and today was cool by recent standards

enjoy

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O

3Back to top Go down    Re: Summer has FINALLY arrived in NZ! on Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:00 am

Be made

Life time member
Life time member
charlie99 wrote:nice temp mate ...makes riding so enjoyable ....38 degrees c at my leanto this afternoon in the shade ....and today was cool by recent standards

enjoy
Wow . . .I don't know how you guys over there do it

I take my hat off to all of ya's

4Back to top Go down    nice day. on Sat Dec 20, 2014 4:22 pm

sparrownz

Friday was a cracker in the Naki too.
Been 6 weeks since I took the bike for a ride and enjoyed the day out.
Round the coast for a coffee and home again, only about150 k's all up.
Cheers Sparrow Very Happy

5Back to top Go down    Re: Summer has FINALLY arrived in NZ! on Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:38 pm

Mossy1200

Platinum member
Platinum member
sparrownz wrote:Friday was a cracker in the Naki too.
Its nice in Welly but only when I have to go to work.

6Back to top Go down    nice weather on Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:47 pm

sparrownz

lol I hate being at work walking around and its a nice day for a ride.

7Back to top Go down    Re: Summer has FINALLY arrived in NZ! on Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:51 pm

Mossy1200

Platinum member
Platinum member
sparrownz wrote:lol I hate being at work walking around and its a nice day for a ride.
I hate driving the work van and watching motorcycles going past on a nice day.

Im on call every 5th week. Its always fine 20% of the time on weekends.

8Back to top Go down    Re: Summer has FINALLY arrived in NZ! on Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:10 pm

Life time member
Life time member
Enjoy the summer breeze - hope it's not too hot!

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

Bike: K100LT 1988. 0172363. AKA the Bullion Brick!
Mods: k1100 screen and stands

K1100rs 1995, Remus exhaust.

9Back to top Go down    Re: Summer has FINALLY arrived in NZ! on Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:33 pm

Be made

Life time member
Life time member
Nice little jaunt!.

I love trip from Hams to New Plymouth. Especially Awakino gorge + Mt Messenger.

One trip we are planning is around the base of Mt Egmont (Whoops, er, I mean Taranaki), via stratford and down to wanganui (or is that wHanganui)

Boxing day's Cemetery Circuit Racing is on the cards but too late this year. We have booked it in for 2015

You guys are so lucky there with the roads designed especially for the Milk Tankers

10Back to top Go down    Re: Summer has FINALLY arrived in NZ! on Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:38 pm

Be made

Life time member
Life time member
Mossy1200 wrote:
sparrownz wrote:lol I hate being at work walking around and its a nice day for a ride.
I hate driving the work van and watching motorcycles going past on a nice day.

Im on call every 5th week. Its always fine 20% of the time on weekends.
Yeah man, I can tell you that, to me, this is the worst form of torture.

I used to be a Cabbie and the worst thing in the world was having sitting on the side of the road, in a car you are not allowed to leave, for hours on end, on a beautiful day in this country, watching the world go by

I used to knock off usually by 2 oclock so I still had an afternoon ride each day. If the weather was poor I would stay on but if it was nice chances are you wouldn't be getting a ride in my car and I would be on the bike.

11Back to top Go down    Re: Summer has FINALLY arrived in NZ! on Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:41 pm

Be made

Life time member
Life time member
88KE wrote:Enjoy the summer breeze - hope it's not too hot!
Thanks man, we will! . . .. Sorry . .

I feel for everyone who does NOT live here as this place is (IMHO) probably one of the very best places for motorcycling in the world

I hear some places, like the UK, the summer temp is, like 20 - 24 degrees AT BEST and the rest of the time its so hot.

12Back to top Go down    Re: Summer has FINALLY arrived in NZ! on Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:15 pm

92KK 84WW Olaf

Life time member
Life time member
Not so bad up here.

We get to ride all year. Quite a few Eccentrics out today and not just because it was a nice day. Ireland must be THE best place for bike rides.....and a few of us manage to use the K for work which is even better. Our climate is well suited to the RT/LT fairing.

I love a week where we get sunshine for a few days, maybe 600 miles on the K so come the weekend I can just leave it parked and feel content.

We even manage a K get together on 27th...

13Back to top Go down    Re: Summer has FINALLY arrived in NZ! on Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:21 pm

Two Wheels Better

Given that the past coupla days round the world have seen the onset of Solstice, which is the astrological (as opposed to the meteorological) first day of Summer Down Under, I'd say it's right on time!

It's the beginning of the end of the gloom of Winter here today since the amount of daylight will grow ever 'longer' from here on out.

'77 R75/7-1000cc, '87 K100RS, '93 K11/K12 Big Block, '94 R100R Mystic, '03 K1200GT, '04 R1150RT, '06 K1200R, '07 K1200R & 2009 K1300GT

14Back to top Go down    yes on Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:35 am

sparrownz

Be made wrote:
Nice little jaunt!.

I love trip from Hams to New Plymouth. Especially Awakino gorge + Mt Messenger.

One trip we are planning is around the base of Mt Egmont (Whoops, er, I mean Taranaki), via stratford and down to wanganui (or is that wHanganui)

Boxing day's Cemetery Circuit Racing is on the cards but too late this year. We have booked it in for 2015

You guys are so lucky there with the roads designed especially for the Milk Tankers
Yes we are lucky with most secondary roads being in a good state. Just have to watch for animals and their deposits,stones/ potholesand gate ways.

Or even going to Mokau for a fritter is a good trip as is out to Whangamomona from Stratford, the mountain loop and down to Whanganui.

Looking forward to more nice days to enjoy the bike.
Cheers Sparrow.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum