BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   RADIO CODE!! Empty RADIO CODE!! Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:39 am

djames6330

Hi All, Help needed !! I just replaced battery, everything working ok, entered radio code, didn't work, checked code to find I had transposed last two numbers! (the same thing happens to me at ATMs!!)RADIO CODE!! Icon_redface
Tried to enter code again no joy!! (locked-out!) Can anyone help me with the proceedure to clear this and enter new code please.
It's the standard radio cassete player as fitted in the early 80s I believe its a Clarion! (In fact if anyone has a handbook for this radio I would gladly buy it from you).
Thanks in anticipation Dave

2Back to top Go down   RADIO CODE!! Empty Re: RADIO CODE!! Sat Mar 27, 2010 7:57 am

ALEX PITON

ALEX PITON
Silver member
Silver member
ok alot of car have the sme thing with radios, the early 1's could have the battery disconected for 15 sec and u can start again. others had a lock out of 1 hr and some 24 hrs, i dont know the time or type of secuity the bmw will have but alot of the time with car radios u can disconnect the battery and start again,

3Back to top Go down   RADIO CODE!! Empty Re: RADIO CODE!! Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:04 am

djames6330

Hi Alex, Yes I thought that, & tried it for about 10 mins, maybe should try longer! Dave

4Back to top Go down   RADIO CODE!! Empty Re: RADIO CODE!! Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:15 am

ALEX PITON

ALEX PITON
Silver member
Silver member
the other think u might be able to do is, take proof of ownership to a bmw dealer and the radio and they should be able to get the code for u cost about 20 bucks in astralia, if the lock out dosent clear after the batt has been disconected for 15 sec, longer wont help. the only wait will be the lock out time , 1 ... 12 or 24 hrs are usall standards.

5Back to top Go down   RADIO CODE!! Empty Re: RADIO CODE!! Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:56 pm

djames6330

Hi All found this after searching all day!! it's for the CLARION PU9203A AS FITTED TO EARLY K100'S
so some of you may find it useful.
This stereo is codelocked!! I`m now going to divulge a little trick of the trade, but do not do this more than once! With the unit switched on, press and hold the 'ST' button for around 10 seconds, and the display should dissappear completely and leave you with a blank screen. If it does, then you are now ready to enter the code, if not, then you will have to leave the unit powered on for at least two and a half hours for the penalty timer to expire, and then try pressing the 'ST' button and see what happens.

6Back to top Go down   RADIO CODE!! Empty Radio code lockout Sun Aug 05, 2012 1:18 am

67TigerMK11

67TigerMK11
Hi, since this post is 2 years old, you have probably solved it. I reset mine by holding the band button down for 10 seconds. Screen goes blank, then you can reset with your code. Hope this helps someone. Jerry

7Back to top Go down   RADIO CODE!! Empty Re: RADIO CODE!! Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:44 pm

DeRodster

DeRodster
Life time member
Life time member
Hi all,
I have a clarion radio on my K1100lt (1992).
PO had fitted a Autocom and a switch to re-route the speakers to the autocom.
I removed the autocom and the switch and wiring.
And re-soldered the speaker connections.
Connected it all back up.
Turn on radio, press SK for 0 secs and enter code.
Good to go.

I like it when it works

Rod

1974 Triumph 3TA / 5TA
1974 Honda 100
1969 Honda 50

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum