BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Be made

Life time member
Life time member
As per thread title . . . Rear Pads, just wondering roughly what sort of distance are owners getting

I know it all depends on one's riding style and the quality of the pads but I am interested to see if the distance I am getting is comparable or not

95% of my riding is done with my Partner as pillion and reasonable high speed (above 4500 revs)

The last set just ran to the metal @ 13,000 k's

Is that long or short of the usual ??

charlie99

VIP
VIP
just a question mate

was the inner pad worn more than the outer

it seems to me that there tends to be some drag on the inner (non return of the piston ) fairly commonly occurrence onthe k

but for me over 60,000 I guess its riding style ...but in addition mainly single up so that might make a huge difference
?

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O

Life time member
Life time member
What Charlie said !

I've over 26k miles that's over 41k kms and they'll do another 10k miles easily.

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page." - St. Augustine from 1600 years ago & still true!

Bike: K100LT 1988. 0172363. AKA the Bullion Brick!
Mods: k1100 screen and stands

K1100rs 1995, Remus exhaust.

RicK G

VIP
VIP
I did about 60K on the K100 and put pads in when I got it and never replaced them and 35K so far on the red rocket. I also use the rear brake as my primary brake, I would consider that 13K under any circumstances is exceptionaly low Ks for a set of pads and needs to be investigated.

Be made

Life time member
Life time member
RicK G wrote:I would consider that 13K under any circumstances is exceptionaly low Ks for a set of pads and needs to be investigated.
I agree. They were from a "cheap" sort of dealer here. That might explain part of it

To Charlie . . .no. They were both evenly worn

I will have to wait a couple of years now to see how much we get out of the new set but I will be replacing the caliper with one of the ones I got off the RS I wrecked for it's engine January 2014

charlie99

VIP
VIP
careful how you go with bleeding the new caliper

many a sad story of master cylinders not working after .....just try to keep the regular piston stroke similar to normal ...ergo refrain from doing full strokes to pump the fluid through ....just a heads up

good to hear of the even wear though ...

cheers and merry Christmas

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O

Be made

Life time member
Life time member
charlie99 wrote:careful how you go with bleeding the new caliper

many a sad story of master cylinders not working after .....just try to keep the regular piston stroke similar to normal ...ergo refrain from doing full strokes to pump the fluid through ....just a heads up

good to hear of the even wear though ...

cheers and merry Christmas
Thanks for that . . . and same to yourself and all

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum