BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down    Top Ten Way Bikes Annoy the Public on Fri Jan 02, 2015 2:45 pm

Two Wheels Better

'77 R75/7-1000cc, '87 K100RS, '93 K12 Big Block, '94 R100 Mystic, '03 K1200GT, '04 R1150RT, '06 K1200R, '07 K1200R & '09 K1300GT

2Back to top Go down    Re: Top Ten Way Bikes Annoy the Public on Fri Jan 02, 2015 3:39 pm

Kyle10

Life time member
Life time member
#11: HD riders insisting on 'sharing' their Boom!™ Box Infotainment System capabilities with the public

3Back to top Go down    Re: Top Ten Way Bikes Annoy the Public on Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:29 pm

RicK G

VIP
VIP
They gotta turn it up to drown those darn noisy Vance and Hines slash cuts out.

4Back to top Go down    Re: Top Ten Way Bikes Annoy the Public on Fri Jan 02, 2015 11:38 pm

Be made

Life time member
Life time member
Having just red that list, whilst prossibly valid I feel I must contribute and counter:

Sorry
My Top Ten ways Car Drivers have pissed Mr Motorcyclist off;

1: Cutting out in front of the Motorcyclist who is indicating to leave the roundabout
2: Blasting their horn when Mr Motorcyclist is IN THE RIGHT
3: Failing to dip their lights on approaching Mr Motorcyclist
4: Leaving Paralell Parking Spaces, deliberately pulling out as Mr Motorcyclist approaches
5: Parking in Motorcycle Only Parking spaces
6: Yelling abuse as Mr Motorcycle passes in the outside lane for NO reason whatsoever
7: Speeding up deliberately as Mr Motorcyclist begins a passing Manouvere on the open road
8: Treating Mr Motorcyclist with contempt when landing at the same shop counter at the same time
9: Blaming Mr Motorcyclist whenever there is an accident, citing "Their" speed as the over-riding contributing factor
10: Dissassociating with you suddenly when they see you turn up on a Motorcycle instead of the family wagon at church

5Back to top Go down    Re: Top Ten Way Bikes Annoy the Public on Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:34 am

Dai

Life time member
Life time member
@Be made wrote:
3: Failing to dip their lights on approaching Mr Motorcyclist
I have the answer to that one - see avatar!

As for (7): I recall one incident where each time I accelerated to pass the car in front, he sped up and moved out to block my path. It didn't matter how far across the other lane I was, he was there in front of me. In hindsight, I then did something incredibly stupid, but it worked. I went down a couple of gears, gave the Guzzi a big handful and moved right out into the other lane. As the turd in front pulled his by now normal blocking manoever, instead of backing off I flicked the bike left and undertook him before he could figure out what had happened. It was about that point I realised I was possibly now in a very exposed position because he was behind me and pissed off. I didn't hang about.

'03 Suzuki Blandit GSF600SK3 (NFS any more because wifey has claimed it)

6Back to top Go down    Re: Top Ten Way Bikes Annoy the Public on Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:34 am

Holister

Life time member
Life time member
You left one out there Be made. Cars pulling out on you as your are overtaking.
On my trip down the coast before xmas break I was passing a line of 4 cars. Just as I got level with the third from the front, the 4wd pulled out. My only refuge was the verge on the other side of the road. Pretty hairy at 120ks. Must remember to keep my finger on the horn button when undertaking manouvers like that.
Note to self... take baffles out of muffler so I sound like a Mac truck.

Fuel:  95 Octane
Engine Oil: Nulon Full Synthetic 15W50
Gear Box Oil:  Nulon Synthetic 75W90

7Back to top Go down    Re: Top Ten Way Bikes Annoy the Public on Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:40 am

Two Wheels Better

@Kyle10 wrote:#11: HD riders insisting on 'sharing' their Boom!™ Box Infotainment System capabilities with the public
No joke. I was filling up the other day at the local servo and a shiny new HD rolled up between cars at the light and proceeded to throttle it up and down and assault the senses with his Boomfotainment system all the while waiting for the light to change to green. As I was with my girl I commented what an A*hole he was just as four Mexicans jumped out of their van to go into the shop as they laughed at him. He just looked left to right to be sure everyone knew he was there, revved it a bit more and took off. There was nothing in that intersection louder than that flipping HD, even the heavy trucks coming off the highway were quieter. If I didn't have some of my own personal heavyweight cojones (it's co-ho-nays, not ka-hu-nahs, which is a Hawaiian shaman or king) as a rider, it would have been embarrassing.

Cojones

'77 R75/7-1000cc, '87 K100RS, '93 K12 Big Block, '94 R100 Mystic, '03 K1200GT, '04 R1150RT, '06 K1200R, '07 K1200R & '09 K1300GT

8Back to top Go down    Re: Top Ten Way Bikes Annoy the Public on Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:57 am

Be made

Life time member
Life time member
I have to laugh @ Mr HD rider, and laugh a LOT

These guys are the one's giving 98% of all the other motorcyclist's out there a bad rep.
They are the noisy ones
They are the inconsiderate road users who ride as if they actually do own the road and why are you on it
They are the one's who created the public image Motorcycling has given way to
They are the one's the pubic has the most disdain for

I am all for riding but not making deafening noise whilst just being friggin irritating to everyone else in the process
Aside from this these "Hardly Furguson's" The older ones, at least (pre 2010), are terrible bikes to own / ride

My brother (now deceased cancered @ age 51) had 2. Both of them I rode and found

• Slow
  • Heavy
  • Don't handle
  • Had poor brakes
  • Are uneconomical
  • Unreliable
  • Had Poor headlights
  • Vibrate waaay too much
  • Very noisy
  • Expensive to buy
  • Expensive to fix

Honestly, get rid of HD and the rest of the motorcycling faction would be a lot better treated by Joe public IMHO

These guys spend upwards of $10,000 NZD for all of the above . .  and to be held in the highest disreguard by 90% of the driving public

The only thing these HD guys have in common with other motorcyclists is the fact that they are on 2 wheels, not 4

I suspect that list posted at the beginning of this thread is all about THEM

And in my mind if any member here wishes to defend Harley Davidson brand or ownership they need to be doing so on another forum

This is Beema territory

9Back to top Go down    Re: Top Ten Way Bikes Annoy the Public on Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:49 am

charlie99

VIP
VIP
maybe you forgot something be made

if memory serves me correctly ( and it often doesn't )   I cant remember a hd tank that would carry them the equivalent of 300 kilometres in one go

do these guys actually design in "show and embarrass stops " ...grin

I have no animosity to the marque ...just some of the drips that think that they are the best (and only ) thing since sliced bread

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O

10Back to top Go down    Re: Top Ten Way Bikes Annoy the Public on Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:56 am

Dai

Life time member
Life time member
At the end of the day though, you really have to admire how Harley-Davidson have sold this whole idea of an instant lifestyle. It's a solid testament to the power of a good marketing department - just a shame that the people that buy into it can't see what they are doing. But I suppose that's part of the marketing scam...

11Back to top Go down    Re: Top Ten Way Bikes Annoy the Public on Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:19 am

RicK G

VIP
VIP
If nothing else Harley get 10/10 for marketing. Some time ago I was waiting for some friends at a pub and they arrived while  me and my wife were standing on the veranda of the place. 3 jap cruisers and a Harley, I said as they were parking the bikes that if I had to buy one of those 4 I would get the Harley without a moments hesitation. The japs have been trying for years to out harley Harley and until they present a bike with the good finish that Harleys have then they have no chance. When you have a close look the finish is far better than any other bike on the market.
Not long before that about 10-12 of us went on a 8 day ride that was labelled Adventure before dementure AB4D and we had a Harley with us and he was the only bike that nothing went wrong and didn't he have his fun with that.
Harleys have come a long way since the bad times they faced in 70s and the executives pulled that brand out of the demolition rubble and rebuilt the name and bike as no other automotive company ever has. Lee iacoca rebuilding of Chrysler would run it a distant second.

12Back to top Go down    Re: Top Ten Way Bikes Annoy the Public on Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:39 am

Dai

Life time member
Life time member
Last time I really checked when the V-Rod engine was released, it was engines designed by Porsche, suspension by Showa (I think), brakes by Brembo, electrics by Bosch, frame designed by Arlen Ness (don't know who actually builds them), switches by Domino Spa, assembled in Kansas City (not even Milwaukee!). If the engine was a V-Rod derived powertrain then that's the reason for the bike's survival. Also if the engine was a V-Rod derived one, the included angle is 60 degrees which is inherently smoother than the older 45-degree engines.

But if it was a 45 degree air-cooled mill, then I take my hat off to whoever rebuilt the engine and made such a good job of it.

Last edited by Dai on Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

13Back to top Go down    Re: Top Ten Way Bikes Annoy the Public on Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:50 pm

Two Wheels Better

14Back to top Go down    Re: Top Ten Way Bikes Annoy the Public on Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:30 pm

Be made

Life time member
Life time member
Guess I'll just have to get one of these:

15Back to top Go down    Re: Top Ten Way Bikes Annoy the Public on Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:39 pm

Be made

Life time member
Life time member
@Dai wrote:Last time I really checked when the V-Rod engine was released, it was engines designed by Porsche. . .
Correct. This is precisely what they did in 1985/86 when they released the new 'evolution" design. Sent their then current design over to porche and said "what can you do with this". Porche promptly binned it and chopped the end off one of their V8's and said "here, here's your new block. Harley have been clapping loudly of "their" success now for years,  . . .oh  . . . to the dumbf#@ks that continue to support engines which are better suited to compressing air than being on the highway

16Back to top Go down    Re: Top Ten Way Bikes Annoy the Public on Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:50 pm

Kyle10

Life time member
Life time member
The V-Rod engine, commissioned to Porsche, was at the outset destined for H-D's Buell division. Once H-D realized the potential for the engine in a new line of H-D bikes aimed at untapped demography they took it in-house for themselves. Not a few people view H-D's relationship with Eric Buell as a bit one-sided from the get-go.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum