BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down    F Y I - The Lions Road on Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:59 am

werewasi

Platinum member
Platinum member
Since this is a favourite bike riding route, you might want to be aware that the road is closed about 8.2 kms from the Summerland (south) way. One of the old wooden bridges seems to have a bit of a sag in it and all vehicular traffic has been stopped. If you're coming from the Rathdowney end and get to the "road closed" sign, then you still have the option of turning down Sheepstation road (all dirt) and eventually coming out on the Murwillumbah- Kyogle road.
However if you're like me, riding north, and you see the road closed sign, you think "I do not believe it"/ "Not possible when I'm all organised to ride through to the Tick gate",so you keep going until you get to the bridge.
They've left a less than a metre wide strip on the old bridge so the school kids can walk across and trans ship to the bus.
This is only an option Sat and Sun because the guys will be working there during the week.

This bridge is going to be out of action for a loong time if the Iron Pot Creek road bridge replacement saga is anything to go by.

K100RS 1983 and 1986 (bought a 2nd and put them both together in a dark garage thinking that i would get a heap of parts from the progeny but nothing happened- think they're gay) Laughing Laughing Laughing

1985 K75, Guzzi V7 Special, 1986 GB500, 1974 T500, 1986 MB5 with the whoppa 100cc engine transplant, NC 700 SA Honda, two 1986 Kawasaki BR250s

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum