BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

weezyrider

weezyrider
Hey guys, just seeing if anyone out there has an aeroflow, parabellum, etc, screen they don't want anymore and are willing to sell relatively cheap.  Can't afford a new one, but really want to improve the wind noise situation on my K.  I'll probably settle on a new laminar lip if nothing comes up,  but i'm open to a used one of those as well.  I'm in Arizona, USA, 85145. Thanks.

92KK 84WW Olaf

92KK 84WW Olaf
Life time member
Life time member
If you have the skills cutting a new one out of Lexan Polycarbonate, Makrolon or one of these materials is not difficult and a fraction of the cost of buying one or getting a used one and paying shipping.

1983 K100RS 0011171 Fricka 29,495 miles Damn K Pox Its a Bat outta Hell No 32,600 miles

weezyrider

weezyrider
Well, unfortunately, i've gone the homemade route quite a few times before, on other bikes, with lexan and plexiglass and other materials, but am never happy with how the wind protection or look turns out.  I'm ok with cutting it, just not the aerodynamics involved I reckon Rolling Eyes

floyd

floyd
Life time member
Life time member
Im in the same boat mate....

But I get the added screw factor of international shipping of a very large item thrown in! Wink

Good luck

k-wopper

k-wopper
Silver member
Silver member
Hi Weezy,

I have an Aeroflow in good condition off my '85 RS. I'm not putting it back on after a new paint job on the bike.
I'm in Vancouver so if you know any snowbirds heading your way let me know. The exchange rate will be in your favour.
Rob

weezyrider

weezyrider
@k-wopper wrote:Hi Weezy,

I have an Aeroflow in good condition off my '85 RS. I'm not putting it back on after a new paint job on the bike.
I'm in Vancouver so if you know any snowbirds heading your way let me know. The exchange rate will be in your favour.
Rob
Thanks Rob, message sent to you, Ryan

Klausmeister

@weezyrider wrote:Hey guys, just seeing if anyone out there has an aeroflow, parabellum, etc, screen they don't want anymore and are willing to sell relatively cheap.  Can't afford a new one, but really want to improve the wind noise situation on my K.  I'll probably settle on a new laminar lip if nothing comes up,  but i'm open to a used one of those as well.  I'm in Arizona, USA, 85145. Thanks.
I bought a screen from Gusafson (US).  Nice product. Comes with nylon screws and nuts and a specially sharpened drill (Gustafson says the fitment is always a bit different so they don't pre-drill).

brickrider

brickrider
Life time member
Life time member
Windscreens strike me as wildly expensive for what they are.  Even given the fact that BMW spares often are breathtakingly expensive, the windscreens seem to take price gouging to new highs.
Time spent caring for what you have is time well spent.  This week I invested some considerable elbow grease polishing out some scratches in my windscreen.  A few months back I bought a kit on fleabay to fix the little wind deflector on the RS models.  It has cured the problem of breakage of the fragile  posts that allow for some adjustment.  I'm a happy rider now.  Very Happy

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
Brickrider - what kit? The ends of mine broke clean, so I slid a couple of rubber grommets over them to provide some friction and drilled/tapped an M5 bolt through the middle-top to provide the adjustment. I think it might just be visible in my avatar.

'03 Suzuki Blandit GSF600SK3 (NFS any more because wifey has claimed it)

brickrider

brickrider
Life time member
Life time member
Hi Dai,
I went to my EBay purchase history to find the details of the repair kit.  Alas, there is no record of it. What I know//recall is the seller duplicates the odd ears on the deflector in metal, puts a pair of them together with hardware and all you need to repair the item. The repair entails cutting off the fragile posts, drilling and inserting 3mm (?) screws into the main windscreen that allow for fixing the metal ears to the wind deflector.
I don't recall the seller's name but he's located in some unusual (for me) country in central or eastern Europe.  Was it Croatia?  Bulgaria?  I simply don't remember.  Perhaps I can find some clue by going through my PalPal records. In any case, search Ebay for K100RS or K1100RS and you may come upon one of the gentleman's offerings.  He a good seller to deal with, and the kit was very reasonably priced as well.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum