BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

JayceLane

JayceLane
Hello people.

After I needed to remove my headlight for roadworthy purposes, it became apparent to me that I don't have all the faring bits that I should.

If anyone has some bits available for me I would appreciate. The red arrows indicate the parts I require.  The blue circle highlights why I need them as the mounting bracket is broken right off.
1984 K100RT fairing bits required and a dood-dad for the headlight. Main_f10

Then on the left lower fairing I need the mounting brackets, rubbers and bolts.  I would also like a clear picture of where those brackets bolt onto as the diagram is not particularly helpful to me.  in looking at this again, I think I might be missing the inner shield and rubbers as well, but will have to check.

1984 K100RT fairing bits required and a dood-dad for the headlight. Left_l10

Then to the headlight.  My headlight bucket/reflector? could be replaced, but what is more of a pain is that there is a cap which covers the bulb on the inside.  One of the tabs has broken off and I have this darn thing wobbling around in my headlight ,which was the reason for my original removal of the headlight, my quick fix got me through roadworthy, but several speed bumps later and I am going to have to remove the headlight again as that cap has dislodged again.

Thanks in advance.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
re the headlight

there is supposed to be a plate bendy thing (clip ) that holds the h4 bulb in place to the headlight mounting

the rubber thing is just a water proofing seal device

think I have a pic here somewhere

heres the fixed position

1984 K100RT fairing bits required and a dood-dad for the headlight. 2012-110

the released position

1984 K100RT fairing bits required and a dood-dad for the headlight. 2012-111

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O1984 K100RT fairing bits required and a dood-dad for the headlight. Au-log10

"redframe" rs "bitsa"  with many contributions from the k100 community ,,with many thanks

92KK 84WW Olaf

92KK 84WW Olaf
Life time member
Life time member
I have managed to drop that clip inside the headlight when replacing the bulb and it fits nicely between the back of the reflector and that back of the headlight so you cant get it out easily. Now suppose you are travelling at night and change a bulb and drop it....Get a spare and keep it in the relay box....

1983 K100RS 0011171 Fricka 29,495 miles Damn K Pox Its a Bat outta Hell No 32,600 miles

JayceLane

JayceLane
Thanks Charlie and Olaf.

However the dood-dad I am speaking about is shown below.  That is what I need to replace as it has a broken tab. 1984 K100RT fairing bits required and a dood-dad for the headlight. Headli10

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
hmm

I have seen a couple of different versions

one with the shield

one without

my thoughts are that the latest globes have the shield built in ...ie a big silver section of reflector across the globe proper ..looks like silver paint

the concept is to diffuse the direct light from the lamp towards oncoming drivers ...so the reflected ( and controlled light ) follows the reflector beam pattern

have a close look at your auto parts store

keep in mind when these were new 84-85 the shield was not installed on the globe at all ...requiring the physical shield within the headlamp to meet road specifications

just a thought

hope that helps

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O1984 K100RT fairing bits required and a dood-dad for the headlight. Au-log10

"redframe" rs "bitsa"  with many contributions from the k100 community ,,with many thanks

RicK G

RicK G
VIP
VIP
The panel behind the gauges can still be bought new from Motobins in UK. I ordered one about 2 weeks ago.
I have also done a fix on those with a bit of 1.6mm aluminium and carefully riveting it to the plastic.

Bikes 1993 K1100 LT, 1998 K1100 LT, 1993 K75 RT, 1996 K75RT, 1986 K75 GS, 1979 Z1300 Kawasaki X 2 for now

JayceLane

JayceLane
Thanks Rick G.  Did you contact directly or go through the online store.  I have trawled that site extensively under K75/k100 bikes section but cant find the dash bits that I am looking under fairing or anywhere in that section.

JayceLane

JayceLane
@charlie99 wrote:hmm

I have seen a couple of different versions

one with the shield

one without

my thoughts are that the latest globes have the shield built in ...ie a big silver section of reflector across the globe proper ..looks like silver paint

the concept is to diffuse the direct light from the lamp towards oncoming drivers ...so the reflected ( and controlled light ) follows the reflector beam pattern

have a close look at your auto parts store

keep in mind when these were new 84-85 the shield was not installed on the globe at all ...requiring the physical shield within the headlamp to meet road specifications

just a thought

hope that helps
Thanks it makes sense, will go trawl around the local autoparts store and see what they have.

RicK G

RicK G
VIP
VIP
@JayceLane wrote:Thanks Rick G.  Did you contact directly or go through the online store.  I have trawled that site extensively under K75/k100 bikes section but cant find the dash bits that I am looking under fairing or anywhere in that section.
It's listed under "windscreens screens" bit odd and when you said that I recalled that I had trouble as well but persisted as I did know for sure they had them.

Bikes 1993 K1100 LT, 1998 K1100 LT, 1993 K75 RT, 1996 K75RT, 1986 K75 GS, 1979 Z1300 Kawasaki X 2 for now

Comberjohn

Comberjohn
Life time member
Life time member
The small brackets for the fairing lowers are also available from Motorworks. They aren't very expensive to buy and can break now and again. You will need the rubber bushings on them if you still have the old ones. Shouldn't be difficult to find something similar if you haven't.
They simply bolt to the top of the crankcase and the lower to the sump. You can see the holes for them.
The other end bolts to the fairing by a bigger version of the threaded clips that hold the fairing together.

1986 K100 Silver(gone)
2012 K1600GT(gone)
1984 K100RT Madison Silver(gone)
1989 K100LT Stratus Grey(gone)
1984 K100 Red(gone)
http://www.johnsdrivingschool.co

walfish

walfish
Life time member
Life time member

Last edited by ungaas on Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because)

92 K1100RT  6455097

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
@JayceLane wrote:Thanks Rick G.  Did you contact directly or go through the online store.  I have trawled that site extensively under K75/k100 bikes section but cant find the dash bits that I am looking under fairing or anywhere in that section.

Check out realoem.com to find the BMW part number you want.
They have big pictures so it is easy.

If the part has not been replaced (redundant), then copy and paste the part number into the search function at motorworks.com

Their site is searchable from the bmw part number unlike motobins.
Prices are similar for both sites. Just makes finding the part a bit easier to see if is still available.
I think Chatanooga bmw has the same search feature

rosskko

Basic/2 6308802K100CJ  05/1988

K1100RS 0194321

scooby103

scooby103
Silver member
Silver member
Hi Jaycelane,

I'm still parting out the K100RT I have.  The parts you are looking for I still have available if you want to reach out to me.  I also still have the helmet lock you were inquiring about, but haven't heard back from you.

Let me know if you are interested in chatting.

Cheers,

JayceLane

JayceLane
Hey Scooby, got wrapped up in my Unimog 416 overland camper conversion. Have sent you a pm.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum