BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down    instrument cluster 1989 k100 RS on Mon Apr 13, 2015 7:36 pm

Bill Di

anybody have a source for parts , in particular the printed circuit board that goes into the instrument cluster on my bike? mine has some water intrusion issues and have to start there,
my speedo and odometer /shift indicator are inop.
also does anyone know if the instrument pod from a K1 will fit my 89 k100, visually it looks identical with the exception of the some graphics on the face, plugs mount etc are the same, but not sure

thanks

2Back to top Go down    NEW CLUSTER on Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:38 pm

Bill Di

received my new cluster today from ebay and besides the speedometer needle that came off while en route , and half the illumination not working, its ok. Was able to remedy both issues before I put it in service.
which leaves me my old one,
if anyone needs it, let me know,
the speedometer was inop (but it may actually work as I realized one of the wires on my pickup was questionable, ) , night illumination was inop , high beam indicator was inop , gear position indicator was also not working,, lol everything else,,,,,, lol was ok,
still has plenty of items which Im sure may be usefull. All it will cost you is the shipping, its free to whoever needs it, just send me a message

3Back to top Go down    Re: instrument cluster 1989 k100 RS on Sat Apr 18, 2015 5:09 am

charlie99

VIP
VIP
good news bill

hope any other issues are less expensive to repair ...sad about the water intrusion ...its not that common.. but some do have misting issues time to time

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum