BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   K1100 shocker on K100 Empty K1100 shocker on K100 Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:35 pm

Packo

Packo
Silver member
Silver member
I have a 15" rear wheel on k100 outfit and it is fairly low at the rear. I would like more ground clearance and am thinking about fitting the longer K1100 shock to achieve this. I have tried it just to see what it looks like and the bike levels off nicely. Just wondering if the angle of the swingarm is still going to allow things to operate correctly. Has anyone else done this mod.

83 K100 HRD Outfit
1992 K1100 Outfit
2003 R1150 GSA Outfit
1983 K100 Basic

2Back to top Go down   K1100 shocker on K100 Empty Re: K1100 shocker on K100 Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:54 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
My experience with drive shafts is that less then 6° will stop the needle rollers from rotating and more than 16° will make them spin too fast and overheat them. Going more or less will be OK so long as the angle is only temporary with the movement of the suspension. Any more than 20° is not recommended at any time. Measure it static with weight of the rider on the bike.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum