BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down    Posting pictures from RealOEM on Fri May 15, 2015 3:35 pm

robmack

Life time member
Life time member
@rosskko wrote:Played with this last night and it seems we have been copy/pasting too many images from realoem.

The right click 'save as' option is now gone

Looks like the whole thing has been redone
Often in the past, members post images of exploded parts views from RealOEM. This used to be as easy as right-click with the mouse and copy the URL of the image. RealOEM changed their website so that it is no longer possible to right-click on the picture to copy the picture's URL.

This is the new process. My example shows Internet Explorer but the other browsers like Chrome and Safari are similar:

1. From the RealOEM page, right click on the image you want to copy. Locate the "Inspect Element" item from the popup menu

2. A split window will appear with the image in the upper half and page source code in the lower half. Locate the link with the name of the image (see the red circled part below) in the highlighted line.

3. Click on that link and only the image will be displayed. Copy the URL from the brower's command line.

http://k75retro.blogspot.ca/

2Back to top Go down    Re: Posting pictures from RealOEM on Fri May 15, 2015 5:10 pm

Crazy Frog

admin
admin
If you are using Windows 7 or 8 on your computer, you can use the built in snipping tool.
Click here to find how to save a screen shot of your display.

Here is a full screen grab

And here is only part of the screen:

3Back to top Go down    Re: Posting pictures from RealOEM on Fri May 15, 2015 5:42 pm

robmack

Life time member
Life time member
Thanks for pointing out Snipping Tool CF. The Snipping tool also has cool annotation features, such as what I used to mark up the photo's in my post.

The difference in our approaches is that, with my method, the poster ends up pointing to the RealOEM original picture on RealOEM's web server, and with your method, they'd have to take the additional step to upload the photo to the forum.

http://k75retro.blogspot.ca/

4Back to top Go down    Re: Posting pictures from RealOEM on Sat May 16, 2015 9:55 pm

Holister

Life time member
Life time member
Rob. Thanks for pointing that out. There is another parts site you can copy image or picture url from but I like to use Realoem.com and ita bugger they've locked the images. Will give this a go.

As for screen capture I use PicPic. Its simple to use, extremely versatile and free. Set it to load at startup. It has a few keyboard shortcuts also to easily capture different page elements or custom areas of your screen plus a good range of editing and annotation tools.
One point to remember when using screen capture is that it captures at the resolution of your screen which can be very low especially with older monitors. So its a good idea to zoom in the get the area as big as possible before capture.

Fuel: 95 Octane
Engine Oil:Nulon Full Synthetic 15W50
Gear Box Oil: Nulon Synthetic 75W90

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum