BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down    Hello everyone from Newcastle England on Fri May 29, 2015 7:39 am

castledener

Having had my K100RS 4V for about four years now,I felt the need to join a forum of like minded K owners.The bike's owner had died and it was stood in a garage for a while,his wife wanted it to go to a good home.She only wanted £250.00 for it (didn't need the money very well off),one owner 50k miles.Sold !!! She is in my garage waiting for M.O.T on Monday.I'll post a pic when the sun finally arrives up here !! colour is Black/Green metallic I think.
Other bikes I have --1980 R65,1975 Ducati 860 GT (Desmo),1977 Laverda Jota.

2Back to top Go down    Re: Hello everyone from Newcastle England on Fri May 29, 2015 7:54 am

92KK 84WW Olaf

Life time member
Life time member
You have two of my dream bikes, I love that Ducati and the Jota. Expect to hear from Dai soon...!

Welcome to the forum too. Hope you get some good outings on the K and maybe get a chance to meet up. Don't be afraid to ask questions...everyone is very willing to share knowledge, chat, even meet up.

Photos of all bikes will be appreciated.

3Back to top Go down    Re: Hello everyone from Newcastle England on Fri May 29, 2015 9:01 am

Motorbike Mike

Life time member
Life time member
@castledener wrote: Laverda Jota.
Now your talking!!

Welcome to the forum,it's a great place full of good advice....and don't mention that Jota again,I feel inadequate!!

4Back to top Go down    Re: Hello everyone from Newcastle England on Fri May 29, 2015 11:04 am

Ringfad

Life time member
Life time member
@Motorbike Mike wrote:
Now your talking!!

Welcome to the forum,it's a great place full of good advice....and don't mention that Jota again,I feel inadequate!!

I bumped into this on the Austrian - Italian border on my way to the Rome K meet in 2013.

UK reg !! maybe he was going to a Laverda gathering

;BMW; K100RS Style Black 1987 99K Km     ;BMW; K1 Black 1993 42K Km     ;BMW; K1100RS Red 1993 50k miles

5Back to top Go down    Re: Hello everyone from Newcastle England on Fri May 29, 2015 11:13 am

Comberjohn

Life time member
Life time member
At least Dick Turpin wore a mask! £250! Cool
I bow to your buying powers.
Welcome to the forum.
Had a '77 Jota in the eighties when they were still buyable. Now that's a raw motorcycle.

2010 R1200GS
1986 K100 Silver(gone)
2012 K1600GT(gone)
1984 K100RT Madison Silver(gone)
1989 K100LT Stratus Grey(gone)
1984 K100 Red(gone)
http://www.johnsdrivingschool.co

6Back to top Go down    Re: Hello everyone from Newcastle England on Fri May 29, 2015 11:32 am

Ringfad

Life time member
Life time member
I forgot to say welcome to the forum.

My sister lives your direction (Bedlington) so next time I am visiting her I might come and see your collection.

;BMW; K100RS Style Black 1987 99K Km     ;BMW; K1 Black 1993 42K Km     ;BMW; K1100RS Red 1993 50k miles

7Back to top Go down    Re: Hello everyone from Newcastle England on Fri May 29, 2015 12:31 pm

Dai

Life time member
Life time member
It's starting to sound like Son Of Jota forum... Very Happy  I had one too - a 120 Mirage(??). It lasted three months, right until I realised that just to change the spark plugs I needed to remove the seat, fuel tank and fairing. Serviced it and got rid of it... okay, so I was only about 24 at the time.

'03 Suzuki Blandit GSF600SK3 (NFS any more because wifey has claimed it)

8Back to top Go down    Re: Hello everyone from Newcastle England on Fri May 29, 2015 12:54 pm

Motorbike Mike

Life time member
Life time member
I had a 3CE when I was 18 and a Mirage in Jota trim but they don't count.
It has to be a Jota for me because it brings back so many memories of the Avon Production Championship when production racing meant production bikes straight from your local showroom.

I rest my case.

9Back to top Go down    See my collection on Fri May 29, 2015 1:35 pm

castledener

@Ringfad wrote:I forgot to say welcome to the forum.

My sister lives your direction (Bedlington) so next time I am visiting her I might come and see your collection.
Your sister lives not far from me I live in Prudhoe.Thanks for the welcome you have given me.If you're in the area let me know

10Back to top Go down    Laverda Jota on Fri May 29, 2015 2:08 pm

castledener

@Motorbike Mike wrote:
Now your talking!!

Thanks for the welcome Mike.The Jota is a lovely bike,runs well and cost a small fortune to turn it into the condition it is now !!.I'm 58 and when she's on the move an exciting ride,but sooo tall I get the odd groin strain gettin on and off (back pack tent etc).Next year I'll put her back on the road again,been 3 years.When I find out how to post a picI will do.

11Back to top Go down    Re: Hello everyone from Newcastle England on Fri May 29, 2015 2:31 pm

charlie99

VIP
VIP
welcome aboard

have fun on the k ....
love the laverdas as well

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O

12Back to top Go down    Having fun on the K on Fri May 29, 2015 3:19 pm

castledener

@charlie99 wrote:welcome aboard

have fun on the k ....
love the laverdas as well
Thanks for the welcome.I've been having fun on the K for quite a while,mainly at Harley do's,mates all ride them,in the UK and Holland & Belgium(not allowed to park by my tent !!) lol.

13Back to top Go down    Dick Turpin ? on Fri May 29, 2015 3:36 pm

castledener

@Comberjohn wrote:At least Dick Turpin wore a mask! £250! Cool
I bow to your buying powers.
Welcome to the forum.
Had a '77 Jota in the eighties when they were still buyable. Now that's a raw motorcycle.
Thanks for the welcome. I forgot to mention it was fitted with a Remus exhaust & I was given  panniers & top box,helmet,boots,gloves,heated suit,Dainese jacket,trousers,& liners to match,optimate charger and more.The Jota is a raw motorcycle and silly money to buy now.Mine was a basket case when i got it still cost £2000 in '93

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum