BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Timing chain cover gaskets??? Empty Timing chain cover gaskets??? Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:09 am

KiwiK100

KiwiK100
Gold member
Gold member
So the frame and associated bits and bobs are away being media blasted and powder coated. In the meantime it's off with the crank, cam, timing, hall sensor and water pump covers for a total strip and repaint. 
What I have discovered is that there are two paper gaskets (one top and one bottom) behind the timing cover, sandwiched between an excessive amount of formed gasket material. Shocked  A search of this forum and the parts fiche turns up nothing on this so I'm wondering where the gaskets came from. Hayes (p87) mentions to 'apply a thin smear of jointing compound to both surfaces and fit the new gaskets'. I would have thought it was only a formed gasket with 3 bond or similar like the water pump cover. Can anyone enlighten me on this please.

2Back to top Go down   Timing chain cover gaskets??? Empty Re: Timing chain cover gaskets??? Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:11 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
There are no gaskets

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum