BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hey Gang! Empty Hey Gang! Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:55 pm

Koa

Koa
Hello everybody.
I just purchased an underutilized 85 K100RT with a mere 37,000 miles on it. Needless to say I am stoked.
I regretted selling my 91 K100RS all those years ago (over 100,000 miles). I sold it to finance a trip to Europe. My lady friend at the time threatened to make me sleep alone if I bought another motorcycle. Blackmail!
Well, she and I took different roads some while back and a really nice K bike made itself available . It's nearly the same color ever! Funny how life occasionally gives you a chance for a mulligan.
There is a whole lot of information on here that I'm looking forward to using.

2Back to top Go down   Hey Gang! Empty Re: Hey Gang! Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:18 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Hi Koa welcome to the forum. Great to see one more K on the road and one more rider returning to the seat.
If ever anyone says "me or the Bike" sell them and keep the bike it probably will be a far better relationship Laughing

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   Hey Gang! Empty Re: Hey Gang! Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:42 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
"If ever anyone says "me or the Bike" sell them and keep the bike it probably will be a far better relationship Hey Gang! Icon_lol"

Who needs Dr Phil when we have Rick!  Very Happy

Welcome Koa.

A nice picture of your bike wouldn't go astray...hint, hint!

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

4Back to top Go down   Hey Gang! Empty Re: Hey Gang! Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:01 pm

Koa

Koa
Thank you for the welcomes. As soon as I figure out how to post a photo from my phone I will have a couple up here.
In reference to "me or the bike", I am reminded of a wise, albeit bitter, collection of truisms called "50 a motorcycle is better than a girlfriend" written by a friend of mine. The only one I can remember presently is: "If a bike dumps you there was probabaly a reason."

5Back to top Go down   Hey Gang! Empty Re: Hey Gang! Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:36 pm

Gaz

Gaz
Life time member
Life time member
Welkome aboard!

If you can figure out how to post a picture from your phone or tablet everybody will be your friend. Many of us have failed in that endeavour thus far.

Cheers

6Back to top Go down   Hey Gang! Empty Re: Hey Gang! Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:57 pm

Curley

Curley
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome to the forum!

cheers  White K100RS 1991  cheers Red K1100LT SE 1995 cheers Green K75RT 1995 cheers Black K75s 1987  cheers

7Back to top Go down   Hey Gang! Empty Re: Hey Gang! Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:13 pm

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome to the forum.

Re the photos, I put my pics on a hosting site (Photobucket for me) and then just post the link to the photo here.

Al

+ another boxer engined motorcycle and sidecar

"When I'm too old and too foolish to handle a sidecar I'll buy a Sportsbike"

Hey Gang! K-dogs10

8Back to top Go down   Hey Gang! Empty Re: Hey Gang! Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:03 am

brickrider

brickrider
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome from Idaho.  I just finished a ride over to California.  I'm here to say the coast highway was just about as perfect as one could ever imagine.  That's the place to go after school resumes and the traffic thins out.

9Back to top Go down   Hey Gang! Empty Re: Hey Gang! Sat Sep 12, 2015 4:38 pm

Koa

Koa
Thanks everybody. That's a good tip AL. I'll have to set something like that up. Brickrider, that highway and my bike have a lot of history. The former owner lived on hwy 1. The owner before that rode it down from Alaska. I can only assume that at least a portion of that trip would have been on the PCH. I'm very anxious to put some miles on it myself!
I hope to be all legal and registered within the next couple days.

10Back to top Go down   Hey Gang! Empty Re: Hey Gang! Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:03 pm

Gaz

Gaz
Life time member
Life time member
Hey Al, after much frustration trying to post photos with a touch screen when I first joined the forum, I had given up and just did all my posting from a computer with keyboard but after your comment I went back to servimg.com again on the iPad for the first time in ages and now when you tap the BB Code link there is another window that pops up with the full BB Code link displayed where it can be copied and successfully pasted into a post.

This additional window never used to be there and the problem was that all of the link wasn't visible so couldn't be copied on a touch screen (or maybe I was missing something).

This is good news for posting while away on the road.

Cheers

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]