BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
So here are a couple of pix of my Canadian 1985 K100RS. The bike was somewhat neglected when I first received her, but she's slowly coming back to her previous glory. The fairing is made by Sprint. I haven't seen another lower Sprint fairing like that. Any comments on the lower fairing? I have the rest of the fairing parts, windscreen, mirrors, brackets. Nearly ready for painting, and the aluminum needs a good polishing. Haven't had the motor running yet since I pulled it down and repaired the 6 rivet output shaft.That Sprint Fairing you were asking about 001a12
That Sprint Fairing you were asking about 009a11
That Sprint Fairing you were asking about Dscn4311
That Sprint Fairing you were asking about 002a11

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Very nice fairing. You will enjoy it!
I dont believe that it was sold with a belly pan. This one seems to have a K1100 pan.
I installed a K75s belly pan on my K75, but it required some cuts and fiberglass work to adapt it with the Sprint fairing.
From all the fairing that I ever had, this one is really the best.

Bert

That Sprint Fairing you were asking about Img_0310

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
The belly pan is a great puzzle fit to the bottom of the Sprint fairing. Seems like they were made for each other. Noting your rear shock - is that the correct orientation? That Krauser bag support in the ugly picture is available if someone needs one...

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Yes the rear shock is in the correct position. This is a Ohlins shock.
It's certainly one of the best on the market but way overpriced.
The cost was $(us)1,500 about 15 years ago.
Yours seems to be an Ohlins too but maybe a newer model.

club_c

club_c
Life time member
Life time member
Yes, mine is also Ohlins. Am I seeing that right at $1500.00 USD? For a shock?

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Yes

You read it right. At the time it was almost $(CAN)1,800 with taxes. I have the bill. I should frame it!
Overpriced? Yes. good shock? Yes

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum