You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Here you go folks...knock yourself out.

No idea of cost.

I'll get around to buying one.

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

beanoldboy

beanoldboy
Life time member
Life time member
did a quick scout , looks like four hundred bucks each or six hundred for two is consensus .  
they do look to be the absolute business though

http://www.airware.com.au

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
That's approximately £300 for a pair. Given the cost of the components and manufacturing, that's spelt R-I-P-O-F-F.

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
When they run out of idiots that will pay that much the price will come down to somewhere around $50- $70 each. Then some ching wah will do a knock off and they will be $4 each, 2 years tops.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

beanoldboy

beanoldboy
Life time member
Life time member
to be fair , they do claim to be nearly indestructable polycarbonate , and the light output and current draw are at opposite extremes and theyre narva branded, but the cyclops h4 is still better value for my folding stuff

http://www.airware.com.au

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
400 dollars?!? Shocked

I'll wait 2 years...

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
I have a pair of 7" H4 polycarbonate headlights with very close to the same reflection pattern molded into the back. They cost me £42 for the pair and they're made by Wipac, so they're not crap.

Rick's right.

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

8Back to top Go down   L.E.D. Headlight - ADR approved for Oz Empty LED H4 bulb Sun Apr 24, 2016 2:39 pm

caveman

caveman
Life time member
Life time member
Was looking on the forum to see if anybody has tried LED headlamp on their K (only saw this post about it). I just bought a LED lamp and new housing for my wife's bike (Harley Ultra) for $220 and was so impressed with it that I ordered this "H4 6000K 24W 9003 HB2 Motorcycle Motorbike " from Amazon for $30 today. I hope to kill two birds with one stone here, better light output and less stress on head lamp electrical circuit.

caveman

edit; that $30 was for two lamps. I will post results when I try them out.

Last edited by Two Wheels Better on Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:19 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : more info)

9Back to top Go down   L.E.D. Headlight - ADR approved for Oz Empty sucsess Thu May 26, 2016 9:53 am

caveman

caveman
Life time member
Life time member
Was finally out at night with new LED headlamp and it impressive! Side by side with my brothers new GLS my light is not quite as good but very close. I will carry a spare but if this lamp last for awhile I thick its a great find/mod.

HighlyBlessed

HighlyBlessed
Caveman,

Did you do anything special to get this light to fit in your housing? Sorry if I missed what you are installing this in.

caveman

caveman
Life time member
Life time member
HB,
No nothing special but the boot would have to be modified if you want to keep it on (I just left it off, can't see much slop getting to it on the RT). It is a bit tricky getting the retaining ring clipped in because the heat sink doesn't give you much room to work. I lined it up and turned it with two small screw drivers (fat fingers)

HighlyBlessed

HighlyBlessed
Sounds easy enough. Thanks for the information!

caveman

caveman
Life time member
Life time member
HB,
I see that I didn't make it clear but I put this in a 87 K100RT. As a bonus I was riding yesterday with a group of folks that I've rode with in the past and they commented on how much more visible the bike is in the daylight.

HighlyBlessed

HighlyBlessed
Caveman,
If it's that good and that easy, it would be silly for me not to do it...

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]