BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Fuel Injector Question Empty Fuel Injector Question Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:47 am

energyhutch

energyhutch
Hi there, sorry for the newb question, but in going about some of the takedown on the 1985 K100RT I have gotten myself a bit confused. When putting the fuel rail back onto the fuel injectors it wont seem to seat right (no seal because it is not coming all the way down on the four injectors), what is the best way to ensure the rail is seated properly - do you place the injectors in the rail and then replace the entire assembly back onto the block or can you do it with the injectors already in the cylinders? Thanks for the help!

2Back to top Go down   Fuel Injector Question Empty Re: Fuel Injector Question Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:07 am

Holister

Holister
Life time member
Life time member
There are clips that secure each injector to the rail, so that would not be an issue. The squirty end of the injector just sits in the head. Make sure you have the rail fixings such as washers and spacers in the correct order and bolt it down.
Have you installed new o-rings and filters on the injectors?
Make sure the injector recesses are scruplessly clean before removing and replacing the injectors.

1989 K100RT     VIN  0097367 (naked)  
1996 K1100RS   VIN  0451808
 Fuel Injector Question Austra12    Fuel:  95 Octane
Engine Oil: Nulon Full Synthetic 15W50
Gear Box Oil:  Nulon Synthetic 75W90

3Back to top Go down   Fuel Injector Question Empty Re: Fuel Injector Question Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:19 pm

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
You can install injectors in the block, offer up the fuel rail, take a rubber mallet and gently tap down the fuel rail to seat the injectors.  Make sure to clip each injector properly; I've experienced leaks at the interface between the rail and injector when the clip was not properly installed.

4Back to top Go down   Fuel Injector Question Empty Re: Fuel Injector Question Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:40 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
If you want to use a lubricant use vaseline (petroleum jelly) it will disolve in the fuel where grease wont disolve easily and can clog the filter in the top of the injector.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

5Back to top Go down   Fuel Injector Question Empty Re: Fuel Injector Question Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:50 pm

energyhutch

energyhutch
@Kaptain Holister, thank you for the clarity on that I wasant sure if I needed to replace the o rings each time but your post and the clymer manual as well mentioned that!

@robmack, thank you for the options I need to thoroughly clean them so I think i will pull them off!

@Rick G, what a great idea, I appreciate that!

Thanks again for all the advice ... I belive the main idea was the clips which I wasant thinking about. Now to probably go buy an air compressor due to overriding fear of allowing debris in the cylinders lol.

6Back to top Go down   Fuel Injector Question Empty Re: Fuel Injector Question Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:22 am

Holister

Holister
Life time member
Life time member
Cleaning around the injector recesses is important before you attempt to remove the injectors.
Try this link

There's plenty been discussed here about injector cleaning, refurbishing and/or replacement. Just use the forum-search function.

1989 K100RT     VIN  0097367 (naked)  
1996 K1100RS   VIN  0451808
 Fuel Injector Question Austra12    Fuel:  95 Octane
Engine Oil: Nulon Full Synthetic 15W50
Gear Box Oil:  Nulon Synthetic 75W90

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum