BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Hello from Lithuania Empty Hello from Lithuania Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:45 pm

Vudis

Silver member
Silver member
Hello, my name is Justinas. I am 31 yrs old and I live in a beautiful city Trakai in Lithuania. Married, have a daughter. I've enjoyed my life with my 1985 BMW K100rt since I bought it years ago. No plans for changing it to anything else.

We have enjoyed extreme temperatures (lowest -5C, a journey to Poland). If it had a sidecar, I would use my bmw even in winter Smile

BMW can be named as a Brutal Money Waster.... And that is true. Despite all the perfectness of the engine, I never had a chance to run less that 7.2 l/100 km....

Forgot something? Ask.

BMW motorcycles are not popular here in Lithuania. I don't know, why. So, we have only a few k100 s...

My previous motorcycle was an Ural. I hope someone knows this "masterpiece of Soviet technology". It was superb bike. I felt like a 1 percenter Smile 1 day of riding made 2 days of service and replacements...

TO BE CONTINUED....

2Back to top Go down   Hello from Lithuania Empty Re: Hello from Lithuania Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:45 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Welcome Vudis.

Here in Canada BMW is translated to Bring Me your Wallet
I had a couple of friend who owned Ural. The first thing that they did was to replace the engine with a VW or BMW or a Citroen 2cv.
Your gas consumption is about average for a 1985 RT.

Cheers

Bert

3Back to top Go down   Hello from Lithuania Empty Re: Hello from Lithuania Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:50 pm

And all this time I thought BMW stood for 'Breasts Must Wiggle' as in Brüste müssen wiggle....Oh, pardon me, that's on the other side at the Harley site! I'm going for a look. I'll be back soon. Hello from Lithuania Fresse

Welcome Vudis!

4Back to top Go down   Hello from Lithuania Empty Re: Hello from Lithuania Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:27 pm

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Ah, the Ural...I had a 650 Ural back in the 80's and it was by far, the most "funest" motorcycle I have owned.

It is built like a tractor. Horrible electrics, brakes that were next to useless.

But when it was running, hoo boy, It was a hoot.

I was sitting at a set of lights waiting for the green, when a guy in a nearby pub ran out, slapped me on the back and said "good on ya for keeping these old BM's going".

Last edited by blakey on Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : phat phingers)

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

5Back to top Go down   Hello from Lithuania Empty Re: Hello from Lithuania Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:18 am

Vudis

Silver member
Silver member
You know, it may seem strange, but when Lithuania was a part of Soviet Union (up till 1990), the Ural was the best motorcycle you can get. It was like Y2K in all the world now. Only rich people, after waiting for 15-20 yrs in line, can get it. It was an etalon of superiority Smile The next bike was K-750, made by Dnepr, looking very similar to BMW R32. And then came Jawa's, Izh and others.

Btw, it was illegal to buy foreign motorcycles.

The uniquiness of Ural was it's simplicity. I had a piston problem, so I changed it in 20 minutes. 2 screws out and you have an engine out.
So, we still have a shop for Ural parts and old Soviet mototrcycles are becoming popular nowadays....

6Back to top Go down   Hello from Lithuania Empty Re: Hello from Lithuania Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:45 pm

K-BIKE

Life time member
Life time member
Hi Vudis,
Welcome aboard, when you get a chance do a full tune up on your bike to see if you can get the consumption to the lowest level.
Regards,
K-BIKE

7Back to top Go down   Hello from Lithuania Empty Re: Hello from Lithuania Sun May 02, 2010 5:57 am

Vudis

Silver member
Silver member
Season opened yesterday Smile

Some random pics:

1. Meeting at a meeting point. Over 1000 bikers attends this festival. A corner of my k100rt is seen Smile

http://public.fotki.com/vudis-jds/atidarymas/201005012588.html

2. One of the rarities seen on the feast - the soviet IZH 49, a soviet copy of DKW motorcycle.

http://public.fotki.com/vudis-jds/atidarymas/201005012589.html

3. A one-percenter and his soviet K-750

http://public.fotki.com/vudis-jds/atidarymas/201005012591.html

Sadly to announce, only 2 k100s were in the Bike feast, i.e. my k100rt and someone's k100lt. That's it.

The were other many bmws, like R1200GS, K1200LT etc....

P.S. Icehouse - ROCKS!!!!!!!! Awesome group!!!!

8Back to top Go down   Hello from Lithuania Empty Re: Hello from Lithuania Tue May 04, 2010 12:33 pm

Vudis

Silver member
Silver member
No one likes the pictures Sad
No one know Icehouse Sad

9Back to top Go down   Hello from Lithuania Empty Re: Hello from Lithuania Tue May 04, 2010 5:05 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Yes Vudis, we like your pictures.
The miss wearing high heels on the bike seems pretty "sexy", but she would suffer a great deal in case of crash.
Is that a Corbin seat on the crotch rocket? Very Happy

Hello from Lithuania 20100510

10Back to top Go down   Hello from Lithuania Empty Re: Hello from Lithuania Tue May 04, 2010 5:13 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzMuPzvLn0o&feature=PlayList&p=BA9627F7549A5568&playnext_from=PL&index=0&playnext=1

In OZ think they're pretty cool still too, even old Iva Davies without the mullet! Hello from Lithuania Icon_cheers

11Back to top Go down   Hello from Lithuania Empty Re: Hello from Lithuania Tue May 04, 2010 11:51 pm

phil_mars

Life time member
Life time member
Did not quite anticipate Icehouse would stretch that far in popularity but yes another fan although you are showing your age. Very Happy
Should have "Great Southern Land" as our anthem.

12Back to top Go down   Hello from Lithuania Empty Re: Hello from Lithuania Wed May 05, 2010 2:08 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
+1

13Back to top Go down   Hello from Lithuania Empty Re: Hello from Lithuania Wed May 05, 2010 2:33 am

Vudis

Silver member
Silver member
Crazy Frog wrote:Yes Vudis, we like your pictures.
The miss wearing high heels on the bike seems pretty "sexy", but she would suffer a great deal in case of crash.
Is that a Corbin seat on the crotch rocket? Very Happy

Sorry, don't know that girl. Nor the biker.... But bikes seem to be Yamaha R1 on the left and Yamaha V-Max on the right.

In the mid of the picture you can see a logo of BMW. That's the main hub of BMW Lithuania. There are plenty of new BM motorcycles there. But they are standing there and watching my oldie k100rt passing buy... Very Happy

14Back to top Go down   Hello from Lithuania Empty Re: Hello from Lithuania Wed May 05, 2010 2:36 am

Vudis

Silver member
Silver member
phil_mars wrote:Did not quite anticipate Icehouse would stretch that far in popularity but yes another fan although you are showing your age. Very Happy
Should have "Great Southern Land" as our anthem.

Not only Icehouse. John Farnham has been extremely popular in 1990's, after Lithuania gained independence from USSR Smile

But Icehouse turns me on.

We have a small fan club (over 270 people) of Icehouse Very Happy

15Back to top Go down   Hello from Lithuania Empty Re: Hello from Lithuania Wed May 05, 2010 7:05 am

phil_mars

Life time member
Life time member
Well we are only a small country (by population) but the quality of our exports sometimes makes up for it.
As for the picture above I still can not get over the fact that someone would actually ride pillion on something like that. You just have to visualise the antics involved getting on and off and then there is the "comfort" factor....

16Back to top Go down   Hello from Lithuania Empty Re: Hello from Lithuania Wed May 05, 2010 7:30 am

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Hoo boy, am I visualising! Hello from Lithuania Fresse

17Back to top Go down   Hello from Lithuania Empty Re: Hello from Lithuania Wed May 05, 2010 7:36 am

Vudis

Silver member
Silver member
What's wrong? Smile

18Back to top Go down   Hello from Lithuania Empty Re: Hello from Lithuania Wed May 05, 2010 10:31 am

Ajays

Ajays
Life time member
Life time member
The sexy high heel girl is Pezi's avatar picture.....ask him who she is.

What a load of crap. "Sing a long with Max" is about my level.
Ajays

AJAYS

19Back to top Go down   Hello from Lithuania Empty Re: Hello from Lithuania Wed May 05, 2010 10:43 am

Vudis

Silver member
Silver member
Didn't get your last sentence: What a load of crap. "Sing a long with Max" is about my level.

What did you mean?

20Back to top Go down   Hello from Lithuania Empty Re: Hello from Lithuania Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:21 pm

Vudis

Silver member
Silver member
Ajays decided not to answer my question Sad

21Back to top Go down   Hello from Lithuania Empty Re: Hello from Lithuania Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:26 pm

Vudis

Silver member
Silver member
phil_mars wrote:Well we are only a small country (by population) but the quality of our exports sometimes makes up for it.

I can judge only about the quality of music Smile

I can't tell anything about Vegemite, which I am curious to try Very Happy Unfortunately, Icehouse reached Lithuania, but Vegemite hasn't done this so far Very Happy

22Back to top Go down   Hello from Lithuania Empty Re: Hello from Lithuania Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:38 pm

Ajays

Ajays
Life time member
Life time member
Vudis,
I have never heard of icehouse.
"Sing along with Max" (Max Bygraves) was my era. If you glance at my age you will see I am not with it.
No offence intended I hasten to add.
To each his own.
Ajays

AJAYS

23Back to top Go down   Hello from Lithuania Empty Re: Hello from Lithuania Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:39 pm

Rob Roy Mcgregor

Silver member
Silver member
Hello from Lithuania Icon_arrow Hello from Lithuania Icon_arrow Hello from Lithuania Icon_arrow and hi from me ...ajay are you talking about max bygone Hello from Lithuania Icon_question

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum