BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

thick-as-a

thick-as-a
good morning all, Smile
 a noob here from south oz. 
i acquired a 1987 k100 RS just before Xmas last year, and am loving it already. never actually thought id own one!
anyways, by way of intro i have a couple of bikes: yam roadstar totally non stock, and a 2005 HD V rod- diversity for sure.

I sure would like some help with the beemer though: the original clocks are tired the odo doesnt work, i want to go digital with an acewell but i need to know the ohms imedance on the sender unit. 
some of the acewells do step up ohms ie 100, 250, 510. 
if someone could chime in with the data that would be tops!
cheers
Kev

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Hi Ya thick as a welcome to the forum. Quite a few here have delved into the acewell so one of them should wander along soon with ideas.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

Brad-Man

Brad-Man
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome!

4Back to top Go down                          hello from Nairne South Australia fuel tank sender unit impedance  Empty beemer bone up Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:20 am

thick-as-a

thick-as-a
hi there again all, thanks for chiming in about the Acewell, i hope someone can help- im planning on an Acewell 3969 at this stage..
Also, here is a small update of the functional stuff done so far: Hyperpro rear shocker, new steering head bearings, machined up some stainless 'straight' handlebars, rattle can black paint job (mega rough- but ok for now as i test out the bike before further playing with it), greased the output shaft, new battery etc, hasn't left much $'s leftover for fun stuff yet, oh and BSK racing collector box and Supertrapp pipe. Its running peugeot 505 injectors.  

Now, the front end i reckon is going to probably benefit from progressive springs, any ideas what weight oil would work best? again , so much to learn  👽

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
hi thick !

on the forum page is a search bar (google ) 
try typing in  "fitting an acewell " 

you will find lots of answers throughout the forum

from memory you may have to reverse the cabling to the actual sender unit in the tank

I think rob documented this ...and many other things ...good on him .;..

having said this , I think the ohm readings are compatible when reversed

good luck

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Holister

Holister
Life time member
Life time member
Hi Thick-as.... welKome to the forum.
I'm interested to know a bit more about the injectors you are using. Peugeot made quite a few different models and many of them used different injectors. Do you have a part # which should be stamped on the side.
Cheers mate

1989 K100RT     VIN  0097367 (naked)  
1996 K1100RS   VIN  0451808
                        hello from Nairne South Australia fuel tank sender unit impedance  Austra12    Fuel:  95 Octane
Engine Oil: Nulon Full Synthetic 15W50
Gear Box Oil:  Nulon Synthetic 75W90

thick-as-a

thick-as-a
ill have q look Kaptain and get back to you on it, just wont be tonight sorry!

Chocolate

Chocolate
Life time member
Life time member
Ich thick-as-a wrote:
… i want to go digital with an acewell but i need to know the ohms imedance on the sender unit. 
some of the acewells do step up ohms ie 100, 250, 510. 
if someone could chime in with the data that would be tops!
cheers
Kev

Hey Kev!

The float in the tank is a 100ohm encoder. that works perfectly with the Acewell and all other donors. Just another right spot connect! the float signal is not present at the harness connector! but the additional instrument plug under the tank. about 20cm from the steering head bearings. is a typical Molex (power supply from old hard drives before). yellow vein carries the signal.

Cheers

thick-as-a

thick-as-a
thanks for that Chocolate, i just ordered am acewell 3963 lat night to be on the safe side, thanks all who have chimed in so far cheers

Chocolate

Chocolate
Life time member
Life time member
Fein, good to hear!

Instead of a beer, post a picture from your bike.
It would be nice to see what you are doing :-)

Cheers

thick-as-a

thick-as-a
alright i will, ill just have to work out how to post them then take some pics, ill warn though, it ain't pretty..
off to work now.
hey guys, having some trouble with posting pics not sre if they will show up. it looks a simple process but computer seems to be saying NO!
Attachments
IMG_0255.JPG
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(22 Kb) Downloaded 0 times

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum