BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

robmack

robmack
Life time member
Life time member
So, Google announced the demise of Picasaweb come May 2016. I've been a staunch supporter and avid user of Picasaweb for many years and all the photos I've linked to here on K100-forum are from that source.

I'm not at all enjoying the transition to Google Photos. It's some poor imitation of Tumblr and geared heavily towards Millenials' social networking needs, which I have no use for. Google Photos' capabilities of sharing photos on forums using the IMG tag downright sucks. So, I need a replacement service. One that allows me to organize photos into folders, control public sharing, simple linking capabilities and uses credentials for access control.

Can anyone recommend a good replacement for Picasaweb? Free or pay, I'm easy. I've looked at the popular ones like Flickr, and Servimg but they're not spinning my wheels.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
agree rob ...hard to find a good one yet, for me also
ill ask around with the geeks at the workshop for some suggestions

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Holister

Holister
Life time member
Life time member
I used SugarSync for a long time but they discontinued their free accounts.... and I'm a scrooge
Bitcasa works ok for a free account also but not as versatile as SugarSync.
These are specifically cloud storage/sync/backup services and not social networking in any way. Its easy to create a link for a file to share or embed.

Lately I've been using Microsoft OneDrive. Not all that happy with this service because MS just don't seem to know how to make something simple. But if you clunk around with it you can get a link to embed in a forum post. 
Right click a photo on your OneDrive folder.
Click 'Share with' and then 'OneDrive'.
The photo opens in your online account. 
Use the 'Embed' function (top right) to get a link.
Copy the link and paste in your forum post using the 'Insert Image' button on the toolbar.
The link created with the share function (top left) in OneDrive, does not work when embedding.

SugarSync is much simpler. You don't have a dedicated syncing folder like OneDrive. You can sync any file or folder simply by right clicking it and choosing to sync. Once its set up you only need to right click any synced file to get a link to share or embed and its quick.

This photo of my cafe racer was embedded using my MS OneDrive accountSuggestions for photo sharing sites to replace Google Picasaweb Y3mry6SPb3VLGOSPcVFr7pmo4_JYJK6UKQhsryC0yHIFZMbEWw1VBRC79k6v39RwOzt88QxL9CAFrxJcJ38Mat7KSkksZiZHhcCl1IP61VHmtGR6sym9lJRPRAot8F09MYNkd2Yvo_sOX-v67kUWEFrai389f39OQHRtFhptSFUnH4?width=1024&height=768&cropmode=none

1989 K100RT     VIN  0097367 (naked)  
1996 K1100RS   VIN  0451808
 Suggestions for photo sharing sites to replace Google Picasaweb Austra12    Fuel:  95 Octane
Engine Oil: Nulon Full Synthetic 15W50
Gear Box Oil:  Nulon Synthetic 75W90

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum