BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   White Bros air(?) shock Empty White Bros air(?) shock Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:18 am

Tom Witt

Tom Witt
Can anyone ID this shock? I've had no luck finding it on the interwebs. Spring preload is adjustable and the piggyback reservoir has a Schrader valve as well as a 10-position adjuster knob on it. My mountain bike has an air/oil Fox shock and you set the shock air pressure for the rider weight and I surmise it's the same here. When I checked it with a tire pressure gauge, it was reading about 25 lbs. I didn't want to mess with the settings without knowing the limits of the reservoir. I've adjusted the spring preload and fiddled with the knob to get an idea but I really don't like fiddling around in the dark with the suspension since my skin pays for any miscalculations.
White Bros air(?) shock 20160414
White Bros air(?) shock 20160415
White Bros air(?) shock 20160413

2Back to top Go down   White Bros air(?) shock Empty Re: White Bros air(?) shock Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:46 am

rosskko

rosskko
VIP
VIP
[url=White Brothers]http://www.ebay.com/sch/White-Brothers-Vintage-Historic-Motorcycle-Parts/35558/bn_589705/i.html[/url]

Not sure if anything on here you need, but it is a start. Your shock really does exist.

Basic/2 6308802K100CJ  05/1988

K1100RS 0194321

3Back to top Go down   White Bros air(?) shock Empty Re: White Bros air(?) shock Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:54 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
W.P.  (White Power but it was politicaly incorrect so was changed to White Bros) Made in Netherlands or Austria. There are 2 factories.
Good shock I had one on my K100LT and it was a bit harsh on the ride but good all the same.
The schrader valve is for nitrogen for damping purposes dont put air in there it will ruin the seals as they dont get on well with Oxygen. If it only has 25psi then it needs regasing.
http://www.wp-group.com/en/home/
http://www.cycleworld.com/2015/04/22/wp-factory-dutch-suspension-manufacturer-tour/

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

4Back to top Go down   White Bros air(?) shock Empty Re: White Bros air(?) shock Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:45 am

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
RicK G wrote:W.P.  (White Power but it was politicaly incorrect so was changed to White Bros)
I want to strangle somebody... Evil or Very Mad

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum