BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   new k-rider from florida Empty new k-rider from florida Mon Jun 02, 2008 5:56 pm

thumblesspro

hello from the swamp! i just bought an 85 k100rs,a one owner bike with 32000 on the clock,and in excelent shape.i have only had it for a week and have already racked up 800 miles.what an awesom bike!i have owned other beems but this is my first k bike,do you guys know when my next major service should be done,and whats involved,and any info on using barbacks,or different bars would be welcome.the riding position is just a tad too racy for my old bones........ Question

2Back to top Go down   new k-rider from florida Empty Re: new k-rider from florida Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:38 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Welcome to our forum.

Not a lot of maintenance is required on these bikes.
What I would definitely look at is the splines. The grease "may" be old and the splines may be in need of lubrication.
As I also experienced, the grease on the triple tee may need to be replaced.
23 years old and so little mileage…. Some of the seals may have dried up. I would monitor the oil/water pump seal.
Check my page http://www.bmwons.ca/k100/k100.htm as I rebuilt a 1985 K100rt with about the same mileage.

Bert

3Back to top Go down   new k-rider from florida Empty Re: new k-rider from florida Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:20 pm

thumblesspro

now that you mention it,there is a little seepage under the pump.should i be concerned? there's no drips on the garage floor as of yet.is it a big job to rebuild?

4Back to top Go down   new k-rider from florida Empty Re: new k-rider from florida Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:28 pm

thumblesspro

as for the milage,thi bike has been ridden every sunday and kept in an air conditioned garage for the past 23 years.i think today might have even
been the first time its seen rain.all the visible rubber is like new

5Back to top Go down   new k-rider from florida Empty Re: new k-rider from florida Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:02 am

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
It could be tricky to install the new mechanical seal located between the 2 pumps. You need a press to push it in.
I always advise people to open their pump, clean it and have the dealer installing the seal.
You should check the shaft to see if it is worn where the seal rides on it.

new k-rider from florida Oils_p10

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum