BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Noob saying hello Empty Noob saying hello Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:30 am

Kai Ju

Kai Ju
Just a quick hello from California from a new K-100 owner.

About me: 
Motorcycle Mechanic for about 40 years, mostly Japanese brands, but also a five year stint with a local BMW dealer.

About the K:
Trying to make a silk purse out of a sow's ear...
Bought the bike from someone that was "building a Cafe Racer" but decided to sell it when he succeeded in turning a running bike into a non-runner bike by letting the smoke out of the harness.
I got it running and decided to change direction from Cafe Racer to Gentleman's Express.
No Clip On's or Clubmans, no exhaust wrap, and it will have a front and rear fender, turn signals and lights. 

Anyway, just saying hello and hoping to learn from you folks about K's since I've been an Airhead up until recently.

Kai Ju

2Back to top Go down   Noob saying hello Empty Re: Noob saying hello Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:02 am

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Hi Kai welcome to the Knuthaus. There's plenty of everything K here so pull up a chair and soak it up.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   Noob saying hello Empty Re: Noob saying hello Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:09 am

Shep

Shep
Life time member
Life time member
A good forum with lots of information and I would hope I/we  could learn from you some BMW tricks and techniques that apply to any BMW model.
Shep

4Back to top Go down   Noob saying hello Empty Re: Noob saying hello Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:45 am

beanoldboy

beanoldboy
Life time member
Life time member
Gday Kai Ju, welcome aboard mate.

http://www.airware.com.au

5Back to top Go down   Noob saying hello Empty Re: Noob saying hello Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:43 am

Brad-Man

Brad-Man
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Kai Ju!

Very nice to hear of a K being resKued...

6Back to top Go down   Noob saying hello Empty Thanks Thu Jun 09, 2016 12:43 pm

Kai Ju

Kai Ju
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome.

I'm hoping to be able to contribute to the site, as well as learn from all of you.

I just tried to start a thread on my bike but it seems I need to post more in other threads before I can do so.

So here is a picture of the bike as it is now...not done.

Noob saying hello IMG_1772_zpsxtlkypaz

Exhaust detail:

Noob saying hello IMG_1127_zps2j4hj0wb

Noob saying hello IMG_1128_zpso3lvhsnk

7Back to top Go down   Noob saying hello Empty Re: Noob saying hello Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:26 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
welcome aboard

nice collector on that

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

8Back to top Go down   Noob saying hello Empty Re: Noob saying hello Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:24 pm

Kai Ju

Kai Ju
charlie99 wrote:welcome aboard

nice collector on that

Thanks.
It's a K1200 head pipe with a 4 into 1 adapter and a mid pipe from Cone Engineering. As is the muffler, but it's from the '90s, found on ebay.
I grafted the #3 head pipe from another K1200 header into the # 4 head pipe to dodge the transmission issue.

9Back to top Go down   Noob saying hello Empty Re: Noob saying hello Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:59 pm

brickrider2

brickrider2
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome Kai,
I look forward to reading about/seeing your project.  From the initial pix, it looks like you're an accomplished fabricator.

10Back to top Go down   Noob saying hello Empty Exhaust fabrication. Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:20 pm

Kai Ju

Kai Ju
I'm pretty good with my hands and at figuring things out, (for example the Rear Sets are my design and fabrication ),but I can't weld worth a damn. I go see my friends for that. But thank you.

I still can't post in the Cafe Racer/Customs thread, so I'll have to bide my time and participate elsewhere for a bit longer first.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum