BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

AL-58

Life time member
Life time member
The intention at the moment is yes I/we'll be there.  I'll have to see how I pull up after the OCR and then the TTT rally(where you really have to like dirt, mud and fire trails) just the week before.  Or see what bike is till running Wink Be nice to have something not so challenging for a change.

Al

Garyk100

Garyk100
Gold member
Gold member
Hi all, where abouts is this to be held, looks like I could catch up with a few of the Krew, am free for any date in sept, Gary

1991 K100rs16v

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
It's in the Southern Highlands of NSW around Bowral

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Well looks like we have a convoy coming. Excellent. Gary and Al, most welcome.
I hope I haven.t scared anyone off, although we have had enormous rains over winter, we drain exceptionally well here. The camping grass area we have is large and soft grass covered, and if it turns nasty I'm sure there is enough cover to offer. I also have a couple of camp stretchers(am I allowed to say that? who knows anymore)
if you want to bunk down in the shed.
The address is 5 Lemmons road Robertson, google earth for a look, but please don't send me any unsolicited sex workers just because I put my address in. affraid

Klompy, no probs, would like to catch up properly some time, just as long as you guys have a good weekend as well.

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
Also it's at the top of Macquarie Pass which is an excellent road for an entertaining ride.  A bit of care in winter though with some 'green' corners.

Robertson is also where I bought the RS sidecar quite a few years back.

Robertson Pie Shop is a common ride destination.

And Babe (the movie with the pig) was shot there. "That'll do, pig. That'll do."

So it's sort of the centre of the universe as well as the home of the Big Potato (it does look like a turd though Smile

Al

+ another boxer engined motorcycle and sidecar

"When I'm too old and too foolish to handle a sidecar I'll buy a Sportsbike"

Rosskko Ride (South) 2,3,4 September - Page 2 K-dogs10

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Al, we better explain to the Irish that a turd does not mean the same as a bronze medal.

indian036

indian036
Life time member
Life time member
ainsjac wrote:Al, we better explain to the Irish that a turd does not mean the same as a bronze medal.
Rosskko Ride (South) 2,3,4 September - Page 2 44271

1984 K100RT  VIN 0023022  Work needing lots of progress

1986 K100RT  VIN 0090542  Work needing lots and lots of progress
1993 K1100LT  VIN 0183046  Work in progress
1993 K75S  VIN 0213045  Tom the Triple (now on Historic rego too.)

Rickmeister

Rickmeister
Life time member
Life time member
I'm definitely in! Going to take the "long cut". Keen to visit the Irish Pub at Booroowa. When is a good time/day to arrive at Robbo?

Gaz

Gaz
Life time member
Life time member
With the anticipation of the new steed The Rickmeister is definitely full of riding isn't he?

We might have to keep an eye on him Tom!

Cheers

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
RT, I am trying to make it down. If I do may I become a happy camper by using one of your camp stretchers... my body is telling me a few things.
Rickmeister, if I go it will be through Boorowa so we may do a few Ks or should I say R&K together. Maybe you want to go via Dubbo?

Last edited by ainsjac on Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:54 am; edited 1 time in total

indian036

indian036
Life time member
Life time member
Gaz80 wrote:We might have to keep an eye on him Tom!
That'll be from a distance, won't it?  Smile  Bring the binoculars.

Bill

62Back to top Go down   Rosskko Ride (South) 2,3,4 September - Page 2 Empty Rosskko Ride (South) 2,3,4, September Sun Aug 07, 2016 6:40 am

Tom G

Tom G
Life time member
Life time member
I'll fit in with just any proposed plan... but as far as keeping an eye on Ulli will be near impossible when he will be a mere tiny speck in the distance.

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Rickmeister, anytime is good, after dark is wombat zone though. I'll be home mowing the campsite and getting the toll gate set up down on the road.

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
Well I'm keen to do battle with the weather on the Southern Highlands, you can definitely count me in RT.
Rickmeister I'll be keen to take the long cut as well, Irish pub in Boorowa sounds like an excellent spot to have a beer or three.

98 K1100lt: Vin 8044

Basic2

Basic2
Platinum member
Platinum member
Sorry but I won't be able to make it now - family things on that weekend.

Rickmeister

Rickmeister
Life time member
Life time member
Smithy!!  Great stuff. Will consult the map and develop a route. Will be in touch in due course. Probably initial meet up would be Denman. Stan from Dubbo is also keen. If necessary, I can get away on the Wednesday, 31st Aug. I need to be home at Maitland by Monday afternoon/evening ready for grand children duties on Tuesday. Looking forward to stretching the 1200's legs for a bit.

Rickmeister.

Gaz

Gaz
Life time member
Life time member
Rickmeister, I've been consulting the maps as well last night and was wondering whether you would consider getting some dust on that RT?

I'm hoping to take my K1100 so was primarily looking for sealed roads but there is a small section north of Tuena that still has gravel on "the road less travelled" route that I've looked at so far.

Will discuss at Loffee next week.

Cheers

Waz

Waz
Life time member
Life time member
Here is a photo I took after Gaz said lets try "the road less travelled"
I am glad we did you don't see country like this on the highway.

Rosskko Ride (South) 2,3,4 September - Page 2 Photo_12

R1200GS
650 Vstrom

Holister

Holister
Life time member
Life time member
Would like to make that but I'm based in Sydney these days and won't be able to get away till Friday morning.
Waz... maybe I could catch up with you in the Gong and ride up to RT's from there??

Rain or shine... it will be a good weekend.

1989 K100RT     VIN  0097367 (naked)  
1996 K1100RS   VIN  0451808
 Rosskko Ride (South) 2,3,4 September - Page 2 Austra12    Fuel:  95 Octane
Engine Oil: Nulon Full Synthetic 15W50
Gear Box Oil:  Nulon Synthetic 75W90

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
It looks as if I will have to sit this one out and possibly the far Cairn as well. Suffice to say my back has packed it in and is getting worse and just to make my joy complete I have been told that much of the pain I have in one knee is a bakers cyst. The quacks are in the middle of deciding what can and cant be done so I am waiting for the results of scans etc.
None of this is gonna kill me but at times I feel like it will. Rosskko Ride (South) 2,3,4 September - Page 2 178468

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Bad news Rick both personally and physically.
Let me know if they drain that cyst mate, and how it goes. I've got one developing and the docs are ignoring it till I can't walk (or ride).
Take care and get well.

smithy

smithy
Life time member
Life time member
RicK G wrote:It looks as if I will have to sit this one out and possibly the far Cairn as well. Suffice to say my back has packed it in and is getting worse and just to make my joy complete I have been told that much of the pain I have in one knee is a bakers cyst. The quacks are in the middle of deciding what can and cant be done so I am waiting for the results of scans etc.
None of this is gonna kill me but at times I feel like it will. Rosskko Ride (South) 2,3,4 September - Page 2 178468

Sorry to here that Rick.
I've got a bakers cyst, and I have it drained every eight weeks or so! I decided not to have it removed because I have no cartilage left in my knee and with the extra fluid in the knee helps keep the knee joint lubricated. Down the track I dare say a knee replacement will be needed.

98 K1100lt: Vin 8044

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I am staring down the barrel of a replacement on my right knee and now this with the left knee. Think I'll just go eat some worms.

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Bad luck Rick, maybe you should eat some bees instead. Then you would be the "bees knees".

75Back to top Go down   Rosskko Ride (South) 2,3,4 September - Page 2 Empty Rosskko Ride (South) 2,3,4 September Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:10 am

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
Have a heads up for anyone coming to Robertson on Friday the 2nd of September. Macquarie Pass will be closed from 22nd August to and including 2nd September according to Roads and Maritime. No traffic at all unless you live on the pass.
So it's either Jamberoo Pass up from Kiama, or straight through the M5 to Mittagong/Moss Vale and across to us that way.
See you soon.

Holister

Holister
Life time member
Life time member
RicK G wrote:It looks as if I will have to sit this one out and possibly the far Cairn as well. Suffice to say my back has packed it in and is getting worse and just to make my joy complete I have been told that much of the pain I have in one knee is a bakers cyst. The quacks are in the middle of deciding what can and cant be done so I am waiting for the results of scans etc.
I've had bursitis (a sort of similar thing) in my right knee for the past 18 months. At times it's been quite painful, particularly if I knocked it or after 5 or 6 hours in the saddle. Doc sent me to a surgeon to have it drained but he said it was not worth the risk and that it would eventually go away. It did earlier this year but I gave my knee a bad knock a coupla months back and it returned. Been about 6 weeks and its just about disappeared again now. Worst thing is that its painful to kneel down or at best damned difficult when you need to work on the K.

RT wrote:So it's either Jamberoo Pass up from Kiama, or straight through the M5 to Mittagong/Moss Vale and across to us that way.
Thanks for the info Bob. I was thinking of going that way from Sydney. Down to Albion Park and up the Jamberoo Mountain Road. Looks like it might be an interesting ride and only an extra 30 mins. Not ridden thru there before.

Waz

Waz
Life time member
Life time member
Down to Albion Park and up the Jamberoo Mountain Road. Looks like it might be an interesting ride and only an extra 30 mins. Not ridden thru there before.

I will follow you captain its a nice ride. I just rode down Macquarie Pass this afternoon, one lane closed at the tightest hair pin turn. Part of the road has fallen away.

R1200GS
650 Vstrom

Holister

Holister
Life time member
Life time member
Hey Waz. Sounds good. Give me an address and a time were we can meet up.
Cheers

Warren C

Warren C
Silver member
Silver member
G'day blokes I know I'm "Warren come lately" on this but what the plan for the Saturday 3/9 - I wouldn't mind dropping down for a day visit to say hello?

Waz

Waz
Life time member
Life time member
Not sure what's happening but if you want to go through Wollongong and up the mountain with Captain and I you are very welcome.

R1200GS
650 Vstrom

Warren C

Warren C
Silver member
Silver member
Sweet as Waz - what time you leave Sydney Captain H and where from?

Holister

Holister
Life time member
Life time member
I'm open to suggestions Warren, but was planning to leave Surry Hills around 10 - 10.30, hook up with Waz and get some lunch on the road around Jamberoo. Arrive RT's mid arvo before all the good camping spots go...  Rosskko Ride (South) 2,3,4 September - Page 2 652573

Rosskko Ride (South) 2,3,4 September - Page 2 Camping

PM sent

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
There's a nice pub at Jamberoo for lunch. The road up is in beautiful condition, early corners don't have speed
advisory signs and one is a real curler left and up but the road surface is perfect. What's not perfect are tourists
gawking and miscalculating the corners. No trucks or caravans though.
I might meet up Jamberoo for a bite if I can.

The warmest and driest campsite is in the stables where the 2 dogs sleep Nigel, I'm sure they won't mind.

Holister

Holister
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks for the very kind offer of your dog house Bob What a Face
I probably should check it out, but as much as I love your dogs....... Laughing

klompy the grey brick

klompy the grey brick
VIP
VIP
currently fighting off the flu and hope to be tickety boo soon....as there are lots of good things coming up.

Have a question for you chaps....Sandra got in touch recently and RozzKKo's family placed some of his ashes in a local lawn cemetery...Sandra has for me to pick up a box of "RossKKo" which we can deposit in area or areas that were close to his heart. I will pick him up this week sometime, take him to the blue boxer event in Newcastle and then join Ed for the trip to Robertson.

So please think of an appropriate location on this the inaugural RossKKo ride.

I will pass over the funds from the sale of RossKKo's spares to Sandra...unless someone has a more formalised idea...anyhow chat amongst yourselves and I am sure whatever happens will happen.

Cheers KKlompy

Chassis number0019026
Vehicle code0503
SeriesK589
ModelK 100 RS 83 (0502 ( 0503 )
Body typeK 100 RS 83 (0502
Catalog modelECE
Production date1984 / 07
Engine0513)

Rosskko Ride (South) 2,3,4 September - Page 2 Au-log10

AL-58

AL-58
Life time member
Life time member
AL-58 wrote:The intention at the moment is yes I/we'll be there.  I'll have to see how I pull up after the OCR and then the TTT rally(where you really have to like dirt, mud and fire trails) just the week before.  Or see what bike is till running Wink Be nice to have something not so challenging for a change.
It's looking like a Saturday arrival for me now.  
I've been reminded that we've got tickets to go see Harry Manx(Canadian blues artist) on the Friday night at Katoomba.

Still looking forward to it though.

Al

+ another boxer engined motorcycle and sidecar

"When I'm too old and too foolish to handle a sidecar I'll buy a Sportsbike"

Rosskko Ride (South) 2,3,4 September - Page 2 K-dogs10

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Rosskko Ride (South) 2,3,4 September - Page 2 Img_1911
RossKKo is getting ready for the ride.

Holister

Holister
Life time member
Life time member
klompy the grey brick wrote:.......

Have a question for you chaps....Sandra got in touch recently and RozzKKo's family placed some of his ashes in a local lawn cemetery...Sandra has for me to pick up a box of "RossKKo" which we can deposit in area or areas that were close to his heart. I will pick him up this week sometime, take him to the blue boxer event in Newcastle and then join Ed for the trip to Robertson.

So please think of an appropriate location on this the inaugural RossKKo ride.

I'm thinking it would be a good idea to keep at least part of his ashes so that he can pillion with us on our rides.

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
As Klompy mentioned , although we have the Blue Boxer event happening on the same day , we are both keen to join the Krew at RT's 
 albeit a late arvo arrival, pitch the tent , and insert the "blowup".

that is also planned Nigel . I'm expecting it will come to light at RT's .

The only thing not planned at this stage , is if there were ever thoughts of RossKKo visiting overseas in the company of forum members,
 such as to Ireland where he yearned to travel . The thought of him riding a K in Ireland sounds just right .
 For such to take place , he would require a letter from the crematorium stating that it is his ashes being accompanied .
 Strict customs regulations are in place regarding this proceedure, until then his visa is on hold .

In order to carry out this task , 
The Crematorium ( Castlebrook) would require the original labelled receptacle to access Rosskko's ashes .
Place some of rosskko's ashes in to your specified receptacle .
The new receptacle would then be labelled using a sticker, stating this is a portion identified as his ashes. 
An accompanying letter would then also be provided for the purposes of customs authorities. 
This may be something worth considering for the long term , not knowing what the future holds .

For the purposes of future visits and travels by Rosskko amongst forum members , it may be of benefit to ask Bert for a new thread / section - " wheres RossKKo" . 
this allows each rider who takes Rosskko on an extended ride or trip and to have him in their company for a duration of time , to acknowledge they have him .
 That is until the next occasion arises for someone to travel with him .

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
Rosskko Ride (South) 2,3,4 September - Page 2 10_x_110

Ed

Ed
Life time member
Life time member
ainsjac wrote:Rosskko Ride (South) 2,3,4 September - Page 2 Img_1911
RossKKo is getting ready for the ride.
Rosskko Ride (South) 2,3,4 September - Page 2 112350

1993 K1100RS  0194321         Colour #690 Silk Blue  aka " Smurfette"
2018 Kart upgrade.
Rosskko Ride (South) 2,3,4 September - Page 2 10_x_110

indian036

indian036
Life time member
Life time member
Turns out I am working for the election on Friday 2. I had hoped to join the Krew following Gaz's seriously scenic route for the last little bit of their journey, picking up as they go through Goulburn.

As it is, I'll get everything prepared in advance and head up to Robertson immediately after work and hope to not miss too much of the wild Bacchanalian festivities. 

Some of the places I had thought of travelling through on the Saturday ride will already be covered by members of the Krew in getting to Robertson, so having a re-think at the moment. Geographically, a circuit of Wombeyan Caves Rd looks nice, but reports indicate it would be a wild ride in parts even on a GS, let alone a K . . . 

One possibility involves a lunch stop including playing with model trains and maybe generating some serious smoke from a black powder muzzle loader. Interesting to anyone?

Bill

Gaz

Gaz
Life time member
Life time member
Since indian036 has mentioned my "seriously scenic route" from the Hunter Valley to Robertson it might be useful for any readers if I post the link to it. We had a round table discussion about this track at our last Loffee Meeting in Maitland and the poor trusting souls who attended agreed to have a go at my suggestion of "the road less travelled" meaning to stay away from major highways wherever possible.

So folks here is the plan, it should open in Google Maps if you have that application installed on you computer. Hunter Valley to Robertson for Rosskko Ride South 2016

This plan involves getting to Boorowa in the central west on the Thursday afternoon for an overnight stay in the Boorowa Hotel (tested by Waz & I on the last June long weekend) and hoping that a gentleman from Dubbo may join us there for the run to RT's place on the Friday. The travelling group from the Hunter on Thursday morning looks like being Rickmeister, Tommy, Smithy, Warren and myself with the intention of having left the Branxton Truck Stop/Rest Area on the Hunter Expressway by 7:30am.

Cheers

Stan

Stan
Life time member
Life time member
Obviously when you mentioned a gentleman, you must have been referring to me. I cannot get away until the morn of the Friday and should be in the Boorowa by about 11 of the morn. I fear the furry animals are too abundant on the road to get away Thursday evening. If you lot go on your merry way I can always catch up in Robertson.

indian036

indian036
Life time member
Life time member
One small suggestion re Gaz's extensive track:

Moss Vale until recently only had one servo and did monopoly pricing. Another has recently opened, but prices seem to be cartel as opposed to monopoly.

I haven't looked at distances vs range, but fuel might be better priced elsewhere.

What's the price at Robbo, RT?

Bill

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Don't belive him. He doesn't know dirt from tarmac and it will probably be wet and slimey Rosskko Ride (South) 2,3,4 September - Page 2 44271

Gaz

Gaz
Life time member
Life time member
Hey Rick G, I really thought that track I took you on was all sealed, honest lol!

I haven't taken a dirt road since ......., oh well since last time I went riding with a forum member and Waz didn't complain, at least not out loud.

Cheers

Gaz

Gaz
Life time member
Life time member
Guys, I noted a planned fuel stop at Moss Vale as it seemed to be closest to RT's place with thoughts of everyone having a full tank to start the day on Saturday morning.

Cheers

98Back to top Go down   Rosskko Ride (South) 2,3,4 September - Page 2 Empty Rosskko Ride (South) 2,3,4 Septembe Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:03 am

RT

RT
Life time member
Life time member
The fuel at Robbo is always very cheap but they only have 91 ethanol on hand so I don't use that at all. (except for chainsaws and lawn mowers) It's probably ok if you run it through quickly but for me 95 or 98 has been my choice from Moss Vale Shell or the new Caltex I think. (you come across Caltex first coming in from Goulburn).
I may be spending Thursday night in Boorowa as well but will be leaving via the direct route home to arrange
the camp on Friday.

GF Wollongong

GF Wollongong
Platinum member
Platinum member
Am interested and relatively nearby... Wollongong.

Bike not registered... lot of commitments (family and work) ... excellent incentive.

So please keep the details current and clear and you might end up with another.

Spent the night at Robertson last saturday. When a cold front comes through ... cold aint the word. Coupled with the wind chill, I swear the temps were sub zero. Only that great contribution to modern fashion - the puffy jacket + beanie - fixed things. So be warned ... COLD.

Pub good (bit expensive). Bowlo good (free pool table, good music selection). Hangover not good. Can't drink like I used to.

Good luck with it all .... hoping to join you.

Regards

Guy

indian036

indian036
Life time member
Life time member
Hi GF, hope you can get a machine registered in time. Would be great to have you along.

I'm hoping to have another one registered by then as well, but at least I have the luxury of 2 currently registered, or 1 if I don't pay the money for one of them.

Did some route exploring today in the rain (hope we don't have that for 3 Sept!).

Suggested Ride for Saturday, subject to approval and/or amendment.

Starting sometime after 9am, to allow time for people not staying Fri night to arrive before we move out.

If people are happy, the route involves the scenic route to Mummel for lunch, 3hrs 15 mins, 218km. Via Fitzroy Falls, Exeter, Marulan, Brayton, Towrang, Goulburn, Crookwell, Grabben Gullen. There would be about 6km of dirt road, but pretty good condition. Would apply on either of 2 ways between Brayton and Towrang, though I'm not sure of the condition of the shorter alternative.

After lunch, return via Bungonia, Tallong and Bundanoon. 2hrs 19mins, 140km.

Times and distances via Google Maps, total 5hrs 39mins and 358km.

Any feedback welcome.

Bill

Holister

Holister
Life time member
Life time member
Looks good. Happy to go along with anything you come up with Bill.

GF.... Waz and I are leaving The Gong around lunchtime on the Friday, if you're interested in riding up to RT's with us.
Cheers

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum