BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Black Style RS fairing for sale in the UK Empty Black Style RS fairing for sale in the UK on Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:04 am

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-K100-RS-1988-Full-fairing-/172464111578?hash=item2827a97fda:g:aW4AAOSwA3dYZPsS
£200 the lot. Quote (sic!):

I have for sale the full fairing and tale piece with headlamp and indicators from my 1988 K100 RS . this is in very good condition as the bike has only done 5,000 miles . I have dismantles everything . there may be a couple of screws missing etc but all in all everything is there .

2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

Motorbike Mike

Motorbike Mike
Life time member
Life time member
I can't believe he's going to chop that beautiful bike up. What a stunner. Crying or Very sad

BobT

BobT
Life time member
Life time member
I love the ebay listing but am a bit confused with  the bit that says: " [size=48]tale piece with headlamp[/size]  ". will that be a story of a headlight?

I have a fairing like that with a black windscreen downstairs if anyone in France wants one.

David Nimrod

David Nimrod
Silver member
Silver member
@Motorbike Mike wrote:I can't believe he's going to chop that beautiful bike up. What a stunner. Crying or Very sad

That's a rare bike in those colours...

Surely worth keeping 'stock', IMHO Black Style RS fairing for sale in the UK 112350

KiwiK100

KiwiK100
Gold member
Gold member
Dai, I can't believe you are parting off the fairing! There were only 600 RS Style models produced (so I believe) so it would be a shame to loose another one. I've recently spent months restoring a Style to keep one alive...
Yours looks very tidy and obviously well looked after mate

1987 K100RS Style. Black, Ohlins, Race Tech springs, Braided lines. Fully restored. 53,000 miles. SOLD Crying or Very sad
The family history:
1951 AJS 500 single - my Dads ride
1953 Triumph Terrier - my Mum's ride
1916 Triumph Type H, Battle of the Somme, France WW1 - my Grandads ride

BobT

BobT
Life time member
Life time member
@KiwiK100 wrote:Dai, I can't believe you are parting off the fairing! There were only 600 RS Style models produced (so I believe) so it would be a shame to loose another one. I've recently spent months restoring a Style to keep one alive...
Why don't you bid on it and then you could keep another fairing alive?

Bonzo

Bonzo
Platinum member
Platinum member
@KiwiK100 wrote:Dai, I can't believe you are parting off the fairing! There were only 600 RS Style models produced (so I believe) so it would be a shame to loose another one. I've recently spent months restoring a Style to keep one alive...
I don't think it's Dai who's selling it, just mentioning it.

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
No, not me. I wouldn't split anything so rare.

David Nimrod

David Nimrod
Silver member
Silver member
@Dai wrote:No, not me. I wouldn't split anything so rare.

Black Style RS fairing for sale in the UK 112350  Black Style RS fairing for sale in the UK 22936   Black Style RS fairing for sale in the UK 112350

KiwiK100

KiwiK100
Gold member
Gold member
@Dai wrote:No, not me. I wouldn't split anything so rare.

Pleased to hear it! It does read like you are selling it - until you look more closely! Apologies for inferring you would part out such a rare scoot!

1987 K100RS Style. Black, Ohlins, Race Tech springs, Braided lines. Fully restored. 53,000 miles. SOLD Crying or Very sad
The family history:

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member

KiwiK100

KiwiK100
Gold member
Gold member
If you are after the 'Style' decals, I am in the closing stages (yes, its taken a very long time) of sorting/producing replica 'Style' decals for the fairing, and they will be considerably cheaper than buying a fairing. For sure. 
More details in the coming weeks

The family history:

Motorbike Mike

Motorbike Mike
Life time member
Life time member
I contacted the seller to see if the grey seat was available. At 5k it should have been in great shape but I got this back "Yes It's a bit lumpy a friend put a new cover on it in black and messed the foam up a bit"

And the butchery continues!

RicK G

RicK G
admin
admin
Black Style RS fairing for sale in the UK Food-d10

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1998 K1100 LT, 1993 K75 RT, 1996 K75RT, 1986 K75 GS, 1979 Z1300 Kawasaki

15Back to top Go down   Black Style RS fairing for sale in the UK Empty 1988 Rs is rare ? on Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:03 pm

yamaguzzi

yamaguzzi
Platinum member
Platinum member
I'm no fan of chopping up anything that is in good condition and noticed this post.I was looking for a left side silver side cover for a 1988 K100RS when this caught my attention.Are they really this rare?

https://motoguzzi850t.blogspot.com/

Shep

Shep
Silver member
Silver member
Is it the model that is rare or is it the year and model that make this bike rare?
Does my 1987 Black K100RS qualify as rare?
Shep

David Nimrod

David Nimrod
Silver member
Silver member
It was a 'Special Edition'.

Probably to stimulate sluggish sales...

Motorbike Mike

Motorbike Mike
Life time member
Life time member
I've always found most "Special Editions" are run out models to get rid of the older bikes/cars before the new model hits the showroom floor.

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
@Motorbike Mike wrote:I've always found most "Special Editions" are run out models to get rid of the older bikes/cars before the new model hits the showroom floor.
That doesn't make them less special, in fact, they probably represent the apogee of that particular model. The newer models replacing them are the ones that will generate multiple service bulletins addressing conditions that occurred because they might have been released to meet a marketing schedule before all their bugs had been discovered. Laughing

Motorbike Mike

Motorbike Mike
Life time member
Life time member
@Laitch wrote:
@Motorbike Mike wrote:I've always found most "Special Editions" are run out models to get rid of the older bikes/cars before the new model hits the showroom floor.
That doesn't make them less special, in fact, they probably represent the apogee of that particular model. The newer models replacing them are the ones that will generate multiple service bulletins addressing conditions that occurred because they might have been released to meet a marketing schedule before all their bugs had been discovered. Laughing
Having spent 20+ years in the motor trade, I stand by what I wrote. Very Happy

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
@Motorbike Mike wrote:Having spent 20+ years in the motor trade, I stand by what I wrote. Very Happy
Was there a contradiction somewhere?

As a practitioner of both magical and rational thinking for over six decades, I am committed to my priceless observation as well. cheers

Point-Seven-five

Point-Seven-five
Life time member
Life time member
Mike, I think Laitch was commenting on how new models come with bugs and the older "special editions" even while clearing the parts bins are normally more reliable.

I say this as having spent 20 years as a field engineer in a technical industry where our motto was " I hope to god we can make this work before it's obsolete".

1988 K100RS SE

Past:
1994 BMW K75S
1992 BMW K100RS
1982 Honda FT500
1979 Honda XR185
1977 Honda XL125
1974 Honda XL125
1972 OSSA Pioneer 250
1968 Kawasaki 175

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
@Point-Seven-five wrote:our motto was " I hope to god we can make this work before it's obsolete".
I think you should be proud of your work with Yugo, Point-Seven-five. Laughing

KiwiK100

KiwiK100
Gold member
Gold member
It doesn't matter if it's a parts bin special or not, the fact remains that only 600 'Style' models were produced in '87. While there is nothing that differentiates these bikes other than being all black with a simple graphic, they still have a 'collectable' value in my opinion, but only because I have one. Very Happy I read recently that of the 6,900 K1's produced, it is thought that only about 2,300 (1/3rd) of them remain around the world. That could suggest then that of the 600 Style models built only about 200 remain. If this is true, then the number is probably less as the K1 has always been more collectable. A damaged Style is probably less likely to be repaired/restored than a K1. 
What really saddens me however is the relentless custom/cafe movement where beautiful K100's are being chopped to bits and totally destroying their value. Just recently on Trademe (a Kiwi version of eBay) was this lovely 4V being converted to a 'project cafe etc.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/motorbikes/parts-for-sale/fairing-body-work/auction-1299669667.htm

The family history:

David Nimrod

David Nimrod
Silver member
Silver member
@KiwiK100 wrote:

What really saddens me however is the relentless custom/cafe movement where beautiful K100's are being chopped to bits...

Agree 100%

And of course it's not just K's...

But Airheads, Guzzi's, Evo Harleys etc.

It's tragic, as 'when they're gone, they're gone'

Laitch

Laitch
Life time member
Life time member
@David Nimrod wrote:
It's tragic, as 'when they're gone, they're gone'
On the bright side, if their stripped parts are sold off, the recipients of those parts will live on in all their previous majesty and the number of people searching those for stripped parts will likely have been reduced by at least one person. cheers Furthermore, when the bike is finally abandoned, it might be cheaper to buy its engine and driveline parts. Sadly for some though, the market for clip-ons will be flooded and the resale price of those will plummet.Sad

However, they could be used as a custom touch on rehabilitation walkers, which appear to be an emerging market in some regions.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum