BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   parts order Empty parts order Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:56 pm

flea

flea
making up a list of parts to order for 1987 k100rt ,still have not started it and wont untill I replace a few parts... list so far.. major service kit / rear master cyd / 15 x fuel hose hp / 5 x fuel hose tank / petrol cap lock... with the petrol cap had trouble releasing it ,found on reading its a common prob with older bikes ,ordering the lock is easy and cheap but I understand the other prob is the plastic surround ,is there a cheap and easy solution without having to buy a compleatly new cap and any other suggestions for other parts for a untested and unstarted bike (without throwing the bank a /c away).... thanks.. by the way still   parts order 178468 here ,good shed weather

2Back to top Go down   parts order Empty Re: parts order Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:28 pm

Holister

Holister
Life time member
Life time member
Best if you go to the Forum page to choose the correct forum for this. You've posted in the New Members Intro section. Maybe one of the moderators can move it over?

You should be looking at replacing rubber parts like the crankcase breather, rear output seal etc.
You'll probably need new injector kits as well.

Make sure your tyres are not too old. There's a date code stamped on the side.

Replace all your filters and fluids.

Cheers

1989 K100RT     VIN  0097367 (naked)  
1996 K1100RS   VIN  0451808
 parts order Austra12    Fuel:  95 Octane
Engine Oil: Nulon Full Synthetic 15W50
Gear Box Oil:  Nulon Synthetic 75W90

3Back to top Go down   parts order Empty Re: parts order Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:37 pm

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
Flea,  

To make things easier if searching for parts and to suss out the prices, have a look at these three sites.  They are the main ones I use.  Postage from the UK and USA can be a bit excy but will give you an idea of what is available.  Buy new parts if possible and motorworks have a good range of second hand parts.  

motobins.co.uk 

motorworks.co.uk 

euromotorelectrics.com 

There are others and I never had any real dramas from any of them.  

You can source some items locally that are used throughout the automotive world such as relays, bearings, fuses, fuel hose, etc but Bosch have a bit of a woeful record in Oz.  

Generally I buy a couple of spares at the same time as I have more than one K75 and there is a fair bit of commonality across the range.  A number of parts fit across the whole of the BMW bike (and car) range.  A few of us southern members have sourced things locally, so if you are after something specific, just ask as someone has no doubt been chasing one before.  

If you throw up a list of what you are thinking of buying, then we can probably advise the best place to get it from.  Occasionally we have some international travelers who have carried large parts on our behalf (thanks Paul  parts order 112350 ).  

Cheers, T.

4Back to top Go down   parts order Empty Re: parts order Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:23 pm

Gaz

Gaz
Life time member
Life time member
flea, here is a post from last year re fuel caps, options to facilitate opening and also some links for parts overhaul kits for the later type (meaning without push button to open) which you probably have on a 1987.

Swear Bear Harris on U Tube has a video of stripping the cap and fitting new seals which is really helpful.

Look at this thread.

Cheers

5Back to top Go down   parts order Empty Re: parts order Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:28 pm

Gaz

Gaz
Life time member
Life time member
flea, Here's the video to save you searching time.

Chris Harris fuel cap rebuild video.

Cheers

6Back to top Go down   parts order Empty Re: parts order Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:37 am

flea

flea
thanks , will go over all the replys , sorry not use to the rules on this forum , thought had to get up so many posts / and forum password  ?? before allowed into main forum , but the questions are genuine ,  having bought this bike without it running I'm carefull about how much I spend before turning the motor over , naturally the tyres will only be rim savers until bikes ready for the rd

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum