BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

TheJoker

TheJoker
Silver member
Silver member
Hello all sorry to be a bother I've gone and sorted out the forks ended up helicoiling the forks in the end. Which meant I managed to get my mot today with no advisories not bad from a stolen wrecked bike.

These are most probably stupid questions but I've found that the two fuel hoses that go down the right hand side of the bike (believe they are breather holes). These are really old and rock hard so not creating a full fit onto the pipes. Now I've been reading up that these have to be replaced with BMW hoses however I was wondering if it's possible to use normal fuel hose and if so what size I'd be looking at Question

I also want to change my bike to a single seat and that means having away with the tail now I know this is not goin to just be plug and play. So I was wondering has anyone done this before without cutting the frame and if there is any advice that can be offered Question

Here is the bike by the way not the best looker but; taxed, tested and insured I can now sort it out into a good little bike.

Looking forward to any replies.

Cheers Sam.

Fuel line sizes and options on rear mudguard ? 17273810

Lexmoto (first bike ever to ride) , CB125 TDC 86 , CG125 89 , GN125 97 , ER5 96 , K100 RS 84

84/01 K100rs 0013627

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
Almost any old tubing will do for the tank breathers; IIRC it's 6mm ID. You could get fuel hose but I think you'll find it's way too big on the OD.

Aaaaandd... the only stupid questions are the ones you don't ask. I can't help with the seat question, mind.

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

Gaz

Gaz
Life time member
Life time member
I have customised my K75 which now has a single seat (can actually interchange a dual seat as well) and nothing that I did in the project modified the original bike. Everything is bolt on and can be returned to standard by bolting the bits back on.
Fuel line sizes and options on rear mudguard ? Img_1720
Looks like this with dual seat.
Fuel line sizes and options on rear mudguard ? Img_1717

Depending on what you want to do at the back end you could leave the ducktail on and build a cover piece to match in with the single seat and ducktail. Could be some ideas for you here in my project thread.

Cheers

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum