BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   fork brace, yes/no Empty fork brace, yes/no Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:30 pm

cfmckay

cfmckay
I am in the process of buying a 1985 K100RS with 45 thousand miles on the clock. I currently own a 1987 K75S that has a stock  fork brace. The K100RS did not come with one that year. My question for early K100RS owners is this; should I consider installing a aftermarket, if I can find one , fork brace? Thanks, Craig

2Back to top Go down   fork brace, yes/no Empty Re: fork brace, yes/no Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:44 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
You wont get any enormous upgrade but it is worth doing. Many here have replaced the complete front end with a K75 front end.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

3Back to top Go down   fork brace, yes/no Empty Re: fork brace, yes/no Sun Apr 02, 2017 2:15 am

Chocolate

Chocolate
Life time member
Life time member

5Back to top Go down   fork brace, yes/no Empty Tarozzi Fork Brace Sun Jul 02, 2017 3:47 pm

KMiles

KMiles
I got mine from Motobins. Not expensive and definitely a very good thing.

6Back to top Go down   fork brace, yes/no Empty Re: fork brace, yes/no Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:10 pm

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
Telefix used to make a fork brace for the early K100s but those are long out of production. I see them VERY rarely on Fleabay.

On my K100 I just swapped in some of the later forks that came from the factory with a fork brace.

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
98 Taxi Cab K1200RS
14 K1600GT
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

7Back to top Go down   fork brace, yes/no Empty Fork Brace Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:06 am

KMiles

KMiles
I got mine just the other year(2015), Motobins had it in stock. And cheaper than most others!
Greatly improved stability at speed, no more wandering on the white lines and helpful in tighter corners too.

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum