BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   My special tools Empty My special tools Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:34 am

robinm

robinm
Silver member
Silver member
My special tools Web_pu10My special tools Web_sh10My special tools Web_tr10.
My special tools Web_en10

Here are the special tools I have either designed and made here or have adapted existing tools to do the job.
No 1 is an old bearing puller i had that I modified to pull the bearing off the output shaft. Note the two different slots on the puller, this will work on both the early and late type bearings.
No2 is a shim removal tool, modified from an old Yamaha shock adjusting tool I had in the tool box.
No3 This is the most handy tool I have made. The trolley slips underneath the bike while the rear of the bike is supported from above, ie hanging from the rafters. Once all engine bolts, cables and electrical connectors are removed, then it is simply lift the rear of the bike up a little more and wheel the complete engine gearbox and final drive away. Makes removing or replacing the engine a breeze.

No4. This is my rotating engine stand, shown here with only a sump bolted to it but imagine the rest of the engine still connected to the sump.

2Back to top Go down   My special tools Empty Re: My special tools Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:58 pm

87m6chris

87m6chris
Silver member
Silver member
Robinm, nice work. I have built similar dedicated tools my self but have never had the presence of mind to takes pics.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum