BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Mrhoades

Mrhoades
Hello... my name is Mike.
Recently picked up a 85 K100 RT ... 34K miles, one (gentleman) owner and couldn't be happier. Such a solid machine. I did look at the 'other forums' but settled here after a few searches. Will be looking for guidance on my wrenching and performance upgrades. 1st order of biz is to lower the dang thing...  Im all but 5'6" (and a half) and standing tippy toe is not fun. Next will be the good ol spline checks and lube-a-thon.  (seen the Chris Harris vids). I will share my experiences and hopefully pics as I progress.

Chuckinator

Chuckinator
Silver member
Silver member
Welcome!

I glance at the other forums too, but this is my preferred destination for inspiration and information.

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
Instead of lowering it you might want to look at going with a low seat setup that was used on K75s but also will fit K100s.

86 K75C Turbo w/ paralever
94 K1100RS
93 K1100LT
91 K1
93 K75S (K11 front end)
91 K75S (K1 front end)
14 Yamaha WR250R
98 Taxi Cab K1200RS
14 K1600GT
http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

4Back to top Go down   Greetings from North Jersey  (New Jersey) Empty new member follow up Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:44 pm

Mrhoades

Mrhoades
Thanks Vit K and Duck. Turns out I have a RS (not RT). Ill be crafting a low profile seat...  but still want to 'stance' it down by an inch, nothing outrageous.

Born Again Eccentric

Born Again Eccentric
Life time member
Life time member
Mrhoades wrote:Thanks Vit K and Duck. Turns out I have a RS (not RT). Ill be crafting a low profile seat...  but still want to 'stance' it down by an inch, nothing outrageous.
Welcome along Mike,

Good choice forum wise - lots of helpful people, some healthy banter, occasional meet ups (but no pressure - those that do do and those that would rather not don't) and heaps of technical knowledge. Personally, I like the look and feel of the forum, it isn't quite so clinical as other forums and is pretty easy to use to post pics, comments and responses - all down to a huge amount of work by our founder Mr Crazy Frog way back when.

Word of caution, an inch is a lot in terms of dropping the back end - you will probably find that getting her up into her centre stand is a whole lot harder and she will sit more upright on her side stand. Lots of posts on the subject, try typing some suitable words into the "search" box and follow the trail to see the breadth of advice on the subject. Crafting a lower profile seat has to be the best solution...or high heel boots!

Good luck and enjoy

"Heidi" K100LT 1991 (Grey) (VIN 0190172 Engine No. 104EB 2590 2213) - 5th owner. January 2014 (34,000 - 61,000 miles and counting....)
"Gretel" K100LT 1989 (Silver Grey) (VIN 0177324 Engine No. 104EA 2789 2211) - 4th+ owner. September 2015 (58,500miles and counting....). Cat C Insurance write-off rebuild Feb 17
"Donor" K100LT 1990 (Red)  (VIN 0178091 Engine No. 4489 2024) - 6th & final owner (crash write-off now donor bike).   June 2012 (73,000 miles) to November 2013 (89,500 miles)

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum