BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Facebook login and privacy issues Empty Facebook login and privacy issues Wed Mar 21, 2018 4:41 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
I was working on creating an apps permitting for people to login to the forum with their Facebook account.
In fact I have been working for a couple of weeks to implement this feature using a test forum and It was almost ready to implement on the K100-forum.
SAD NEWS!
After reading about the breach of confidentiality by Facebook and the company Cambridge Analytica, I decided to scrap this project. Our personal information and opinions CANNOT and WILL NOT be linked to any Facebook profile shared to the world.
I am trying to keep this forum safe for every member.
HOWEVER, if you use your Email address as your username (as I have seen recently even if on the registration page I discourage people to do it), or you publish your Email address on a post (This happen when people try to sell "stuff"), I cannot and will not accept any blame or responsibility. This happened once to one member: He posted his Email address and then was bombarded with spam.
Don't forget.... you only need to login in order to post or reply to a post.
If you really want to put your Email address on a post, please use the forum "for members only". This will provide a bit of security, but it's not full proof.

CF

blaKey

Life time member
Life time member
Good work Bert. Facebook login and privacy issues 112350

Dress for the ride and the potential slide.

Point-Seven-five

Point-Seven-five
Life time member
Life time member
Good idea Bert, but be aware that FB already markets all your information to anyone who wants to pay for it.  How do you think Mr. Z got to be the 4th wealthiest man in the world?

"When the service is free, you are the product"

Past:
1994 K75RT "Ilsa, She Wolf of the SS"
1988 K100RS SE "Special Ed"
1994 K75S "Cheetos"
1992 K100RS "Moby Brick" R.I.P.
1982 Honda FT500
1979 Honda XR185
1977 Honda XL125
1974 Honda XL125
1972 OSSA Pioneer 250
1968 Kawasaki 175

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
Trouble is, the bastards can still track you even if you're not a member of farcebook. Just one mention by a farcebook member and a link to something you're doing and you're screwed... Got 'Do Not Track' turned on in your browser? Google (amongst others) totally ignores it and tracks you and your browsing history anyway. Don't want to be tracked by your phone? Turned off Location Tracking? You might just as well turn it back on. With it off you can still be pinpointed to within a couple of hundred metres as the phone switches towers. I have a mobile (cell) phone because I need it for work, but I'd rather not have one. At all.

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I will not have anything to do with any of the Unsocial media. They have absolutely no regard for any privacy and regard you as there for the picking.
Unfortunately we do need the internet/computer for our daily life but I turn off every bit of tracking that I can find and don't use my real name as much as possible. If I am asked for any info by anybody or thing I don't recognize I give false info and take surveys and give very bad ratings.
I answer Nigerian type scams with false info so as to waste their time.
I cant stop a lot of the spying but screw up the stats the goons collect as much as possible.
I am working at using Ubuntu Linux because the primary reason for Microsoft releasing W10 is to collect info so they can bombard you with advertising.
I use my Phone to access the internet by way of a hot spot and my laptop which limits to a small extent the info they can get and refuse to reveal my location by not using Maps programs on Google or Microsoft.
I don't use a "master password" within W10 but use a program called My Padlock which is secure even to the extent that the makers say don't lose your password to the lock because even they cant unlock it due to 128bit encryption. When you install it you are given a good warning of that.
I go out of my way to give false info to anybody that has no good reason to ask.
I stop the a**holes from spying but can give as much misleading info as possible and encourage others to do the same.
End of Rant "normal" service will resume ASAP Facebook login and privacy issues 610153 Facebook login and privacy issues 8157

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

Dai

Dai
Life time member
Life time member
For anyone who is running Windows 10 and wants to disable as much 'telemetry' (sic) as possible:-

https://fix10.isleaked.com/

1978 Moto Guzzi 850-T3, 1979 Moto Guzzi 850-T3 California,1993 Moto Guzzi 1100ie California
2020 Royal Enfield Bullet 500

7Back to top Go down   Facebook login and privacy issues Empty Re: Facebook login and privacy issues Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:28 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Dai wrote:For anyone who is running Windows 10 and wants to disable as much 'telemetry' (sic) as possible:-

https://fix10.isleaked.com/
This is a very good article. Thanks for that Dai.
As a matter of fact, this is how I always setup Windows 10.
On the top of that, I always remove all the crap that Windows install (ie: games, miracast, Get help, and anything connecting to Microsoft servers).
The last thing that I do is to disable updates. I have one computer with a virtual windows 10 where I test the updates before implementing "the farm".

8Back to top Go down   Facebook login and privacy issues Empty Re: Facebook login and privacy issues Fri Mar 23, 2018 12:12 pm

Two Wheels Better

Two Wheels Better
I gave up Facecrack about six or seven years ago and have not regretted it. Initially I used it to stay in touch with my daughter in the US. Over time my 'friends' grew to number over 350. They would be former classmates, a distant cousin or three, old girlfriends, teachers, workmates and associates. I was always a bit uncomfortable with that as in reality I have about ten percent of that number of people I choose to stay in contact with and whom I'd call friends. There's a reason you never kept in touch with the playground bully or former aggro colleague who after all those years appear eager to be your FB buddy. One day I reduced the number to about 150. There, that's better, far less unwanted political perspectives, pictures of brekky, statements of fact that they'd farted, or let the dog out. A couple weeks later I researched ways to delete my account. After a week or two of mild withdrawals I was free.

I was under no illusion my posts and pictures weren''t stored in a massive Iowa or Queensland repository inspite of my efforts to get clear of the monstrosity. 

I hear people say they use it to keep up with friends and family, and place their settings to private - as much as that can be done. I also hear people say they will never speak to a particular friend or family member again because of a disagreement about a post. At the end of the day it became information overload, and I was contributing to it. I am also keenly aware of the darker uses of these social media platforms and steer clear of them all as much as one can. I prefer a smaller plate from which I get my daily sustenance.

The Mystic, Big Block, 2nd K1200RS, K12R & K13 are running & ridable.

MarcS

MarcS
Silver member
Silver member
Thank you for looking after us.

10Back to top Go down   Facebook login and privacy issues Empty Re: Facebook login and privacy issues Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:13 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
Keeping your info private from Farcebook consists of them having the info and telling you they don't have it as against them admitting they do have it
Make NO mistake they Harvest every tiny bit about you and all your "friends" whether or not you allow them to do it and use it to target you and your friends with shit they call advertising and then they check your reaction to that so called advertising.
If ever there was or is an organization that is evil it is Farcebook and Google.
I don't give a stuff what they see and get from my phone or PC as there is nothing private there.
I actually feel sorry for anybody trawling my info as they will die from boredom.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum