BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   slight hissing Empty slight hissing Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:51 pm

redcastle

Hello everyone, I'm new to the board and just picked up a 1990 k100, really pleased especially now I've finally found how to get the panniers off............. Rolling Eyes
The front brakes are a bit noisy but I'm changing the pads and feel sure that will cure it.
The only thing that's puzzling me is there is a very slight hissing noise from the left as your sitting on the bike, sort of under the radio. It's not loud and sounds almost like it should be there but I thought I would ask the question.
It;s particularly noticeable because I ride with my dog and no helmet affraid just up the lane and back so I can hear it.

Any clues would be appreciated................

2Back to top Go down   slight hissing Empty Re: slight hissing Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:15 pm

My guess is it's the fuel pump singing away as they do. Is it only when the motor's running?

3Back to top Go down   slight hissing Empty Re: slight hissing Wed Aug 04, 2010 3:17 am

redcastle

Yep only when the engines running Ned,
It sounds like your letting a tyre down very very slowly
ish

4Back to top Go down   slight hissing Empty Re: slight hissing Wed Aug 04, 2010 10:27 am

badgerdid

badgerdid
Silver member
Silver member
If you undo the petrol cap then run it you should hear it a bit more, as said its proberbly the petrol pump.

5Back to top Go down   slight hissing Empty Re: slight hissing Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:17 am

Ajays

Ajays
Life time member
Life time member
Pads noisey.... if they squeal a smear of high melting point to the back of the pads should cure it.
Is the hissing due to pressure in the tank? When you open it does it pop? If so it may be you have pinched the pressure relief tube from beneath the tank.
Ajays.

AJAYS

6Back to top Go down   slight hissing Empty Re: slight hissing Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:36 am

redcastle

Pads are pretty low so changing them front and back when they arrive. More of a horrible grinding than squealing Sad
opened the tank as suggested by badgerdid and it's the fuel pump just sounds to be going along nicely.
New bike paranoia Smile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum