BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Lowood Motorcycle Swap 21st and 22nd July. Charlie if your going to the July Laidley swap meet, don't. You will be too early and it will be extremely boring waiting till October. If you want something to do in July go to the Lowood swap in Lindemans rd Lowood. Who's going and I'll definitely be bricking it at this stage.
Regards Martin.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
doh...!!!   yes the flyer did say Lowood ….  and I thought Laidley ...omg

im thinking this will also be a historic meet ….but none the less ...a new place to explore ...on the sunday am ...should be out there about 9.00 ish

thanks for the heads up Martin ...giggles ...must be all the head work going on around this little shack eh?

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

MarcS

MarcS
Silver member
Silver member
My bike may just be on the road by then. If I am mobile on the brick I will meet you guys there.

I have no problem with authority. Just some of the morons that are paid to enforce it.

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Charlie have you thought about getting a social secretary. It would take the burden off where and when to go. I do have more free time these days. Lowood Motorcyle Swap Meet 21st and 22nd July 44271  Marc looking forward to the meet up, you need to stop typing and put all your efforts into getting your Brick going.
Regards Martin.

MarcS

MarcS
Silver member
Silver member
MartinW wrote:Charlie have you thought about getting a social secretary. It would take the burden off where and when to go. I do have more free time these days. Lowood Motorcyle Swap Meet 21st and 22nd July 44271  Marc looking forward to the meet up, you need to stop typing and put all your efforts into getting your Brick going.
Regards Martin.
I have ordered parts from the UK, Germany and Aust. They are still coming and I am at a loose end until they arrive. The only problem I can have a go at fixing ATM is the bloody annoying park lights. I would love to be fixing the gearbox leak, fitting the dual seat and duck tail, spraying everything with DeoxIT! and fitting my mirrors Lowood Motorcyle Swap Meet 21st and 22nd July 259495 . I too am looking forward to meeting you and Charlie.

I have no problem with authority. Just some of the morons that are paid to enforce it.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
MartinW wrote:Charlie have you thought about getting a social secretary. It would take the burden off where and when to go. I do have more free time these days. Lowood Motorcyle Swap Meet 21st and 22nd July 44271 .
ye Gods no ...no social secretary for this old bloke ...I was fortunate oops unlucky enough to loose the other half quite some years ago now 

i did attend her funeral , which some other members may remember .  just to be sure she didn't get out of that box …. giggle ...

hope you make it Marc ...always good get acquainted with a familiar face on the forum that we haven't actually met yet .

tis actually quite amazing the broad spectrum of fellows on the forum ,,,and share the enthusiasm and Komeraderie with other appreciators

we have met some fantastic guys and gals over the years ...and after the initial meeting ...we always catch up whenever we can … always a blast

maybe Matt could make this one ?  apparently he sailed through roadworthy with his rs first go .

and its a nice run up through ipswich along the warrego  then up to fernvale and left to lowood ...will be leaving Goodna caltex about 8.00 am ish

possibly reg fisher (minden area ) may join in as well  )confirmed just Now ...in another place)

cheers guys

'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

Matthew-Brisbane

Matthew-Brisbane
Life time member
Life time member
Hi Charlie 

I'm in  yes the RS went through  rego without a problem

but I have developed a rear main leak, parts just came from motobin  to fix

just trying to plan if I have enough time to replace before the 22nd or after

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
good to hear matt

the rear main leak , I guess a drip or two out the bell housing ?  ...pretty typical actually ...many have just let it be for a good while ...I think gerty was a drip every now and again for more than a few years ...without too much issues at all ...but if you are going in there ...possibly a new friction plate … unless its very low ks ….more than likely just the oring under the big nut could be the likely issue ???
and about a comfortable days work ...if you've never done it before .

I hope you read the tips on gearbox bolts longer than necessary , heads cut off  to help with the removal and refitting ??

if you need a hand I could be available mate

workshop day ? giggles

Matthew-Brisbane

Matthew-Brisbane
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks for the offer Charlie  

I brought a new oil seal, o ring , nut and the six new clutch bolts and washers + new friction plate because I think mine will most likely be original and clutch cable 

+ some extra parts when I do the valve clearances 

Planing on trying to do most of the work this weekend  but  I do need to find the  correct dia and tread pitch for the gearbox slide bolts  

Do you know what they are off hand  ???

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
I do need to find the  correct dia and tread pitch for the gearbox slide bolts.  8M x 1.25mm

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

Bikes 1999 K1100 LT with a Big Block 1200

Matthew-Brisbane

Matthew-Brisbane
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks Rick  G

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Mathew where in Brissie are you located, I might be able to assist.
Regards Martin.

Matthew-Brisbane

Matthew-Brisbane
Life time member
Life time member
Tarragindi  

just south of the city

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
If you need a hand or tools that are capable of being carried via panniers give me a yell. 
Regards Martin.

Matthew-Brisbane

Matthew-Brisbane
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks for the offer

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
I thought I'd bump this just in case some members haven't seen it. It looks like Sunday is the chosen day. I'm looking forward to catching up.  Lowood Motorcyle Swap Meet 21st and 22nd July 112350
Regards Martin.

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
You'll need to be there 6.00 Saturday morning or you will get nothing. Like all swap meets.

And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived."   Dalai Lama

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Rick how was the weather this morning, nice and brisk for an early morning ride? You're right about Saturday being the best day and due to the fact I am now free I can attend on either day. I probably need to ask the following question what days can those attending make it on.
Regards Martin.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
going sunday regardless
I don't think there is a very high expectation that k parts will be around much anyhow

id be surprised if there was .

laverda concours tomorrow at Cleveland

will be there about 10 am ...Reg fisher will also be there

Matt leitch wont be going to that one ...but he has finished his rear main seal clutch job today ready for next week

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
MartinW wrote:Rick how was the weather this morning, nice and brisk for an early morning ride? You're right about Saturday being the best day and due to the fact I am now free I can attend on either day. I probably need to ask the following question what days can those attending make it on.
Regards Martin.
About -7°C, a cold one but not the worst by any means, -11°C is the coldest it's been here since we moved here 20 years ago.
2°C ATM but its going down like a manhole cover.

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Charlie what do you mean no K parts at the swap meet. What about all the K parts at the Samford swap meet, one and a half sets of panniers. Lowood Motorcyle Swap Meet 21st and 22nd July 723598 My mate with the ute is not coming so I'll expect help with getting all my booty home.  Lowood Motorcyle Swap Meet 21st and 22nd July 167893 See you on Sunday. Lowood Motorcyle Swap Meet 21st and 22nd July 44271
Regards Martin.

Pegasus

Pegasus
Silver member
Silver member
charlie99 wrote:going sunday regardless
I don't think there is a very high expectation that k parts will be around much anyhow

id be surprised if there was .

laverda concours tomorrow at Cleveland

will be there about 10 am ...Reg fisher will also be there

Matt leitch wont be going to that one ...but he has finished his rear main seal clutch job today ready for next week

I didn't see you there. I got there at 11am. it was too bloody cold to leave Ipswich before 10am.
Not that you missed much if you didn't go. The bikes in the car park were more interesting than those inside!
I parked at the bottom of the 2nd row from the fence, next to a ratty looking K100. I looked out for Gerty!
As there wasn't much there to occupy my attention, I went for a ride down to the Gold Coast after.
The uni joint/s shat themselves at speed without any prior warning noises, destroying the driveshaft and possibly the swingarm and locking the real wheel.
I also destroyed my undies, but kept the bike upright with the rear wheel locked.
That happened at 2.30pm. It was 9.30 pm by the time the bike had been recovered and I finally got back home.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
bugga to hear mate ...hope you are all ok ???

that might have been Reg's old k100

sorry I missed you , and yes was quite a show in the car park

Matthew-Brisbane

Matthew-Brisbane
Life time member
Life time member
Pegasus wrote:The uni joint/s shat themselves at speed without any prior warning noises, destroying the driveshaft and possibly the swingarm and locking the real wheel.
I also destroyed my undies, but kept the bike upright with the rear wheel locked.
That happened at 2.30pm. It was 9.30 pm by the time the bike had been recovered and I finally got back home.

I think think I would have destroyed more than a set of undies

Think all of the port/ rum in the house would be consumed

Glad to hear your ok

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
will be at Goodna Caltex …(off the highway service road outbound )  about 8.00 am leaving about 8:15
expect to be at fernvale about 8:45 …

hope we see some others there at Lowood

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
Hopefully I should be there at the servo Charlie.  I know it well from days gone by.  

If I leave home at 7:15am Sunday morning, I should be there easily in time.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
cool good to see dave

see you there mate

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Charlie I'm aiming to get there by 8.00, if I'm not there by 8.15 I'll see you at the meet. Is the Caltex Goodna the one on the corner of Brisbane Rd and Church St?
Regards Martin.

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
Martin, 

It's on Brisbane Road, just past Church Street, parallel to the motorway.  You'll pass the BP first, then Church St.  

Dave.

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Thanks Dave, I'll see you there.
Regards Martin.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
meet point  Caltex

take the Goodna turn off- exit  , some 1 k before actually getting to Goodna , right about the Logan motor way junction

Lowood Motorcyle Swap Meet 21st and 22nd July Meet_p11
Lowood Motorcyle Swap Meet 21st and 22nd July Meet_p10

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Just checked the weather predictions. Goodna 0700 4C 0800 8C Lowood 0600 3C, 0900 10C. I just went and dragged out my cold weather gear. cold
Regards Martin.

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
yep its been cold out ipswitch ways last few weeks  (relatively for us coastal dwellers )

im glad that we aren't getting there much earlier

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
I haven't worn my cold weather gear for quite a few years, at least ten. About five years ago I nearly got rid of it but the Honorable Minister for Finance and Recreation put it away, bless her little cotton socks. Around here my winter gear consists of a liner in my summer jacket an Aldi bike shirt and jumper. Should I carry snow chains? Lowood Motorcyle Swap Meet 21st and 22nd July 610153

Regards Martin.

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
I just saw my previous post number 666. As I don't want to go to Hell, although it wouldn't require cold weather gear. I thought I'd better post another so now 667. Lowood Motorcyle Swap Meet 21st and 22nd July 44271
Regards a not superstitious Martin.

Pegasus

Pegasus
Silver member
Silver member
charlie99 wrote:yep its been cold out ipswitch ways last few weeks  (relatively for us coastal dwellers )

im glad that we aren't getting there much earlier

Tell me about it!
I don't live far from the rear entrance to Amberley RAAF Base.
We've been getting -2 & -3 in the mornings over the last week or so.
I know that's summer weather for Smithy in Guyra.
You know it's bloody cold outside when I open the back door for the cat to go out in the morning and she takes a few steps outside and turns around and comes back inside.

On a positive note, I sourced replacement driveshaft, front yoke and (black) swingarm for the K1100.
I've had the swingarm repainted gold as mine is a 93RS, with gold wheels and swingarm.
Hopefully it will be back on the road in the next week or so.

Andrew

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
good to hear Andrew

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
a little ride out today with some of the local K Crew and a wee bit chilly for us lot on the coastal strip
first there was 3 ... an S an Rs and a Rt …

Lowood Motorcyle Swap Meet 21st and 22nd July 20180737

which then became 4

Lowood Motorcyle Swap Meet 21st and 22nd July 20180738

about to set off for the Lowood Swap Meet a short while later

4 became 6 with the arrival of some other, yet to meet, friends at the swap meet grounds

Lowood Motorcyle Swap Meet 21st and 22nd July 20180739

after a good hunt around the vendors at the meet... Matt scored a win with some parts at great prices ...and a good chat with other "k" riders .as the warmth returned with the sun .

Lowood Motorcyle Swap Meet 21st and 22nd July 20180741

Lowood Motorcyle Swap Meet 21st and 22nd July 20180742

then off for the "long way home" loop around the greater environs of Brisbane and the brisbane valley

thanks for coming along Mat , Martin, Dave , Paul and Reg

a glorious day to be out and about on old K bikes and good mates

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
A good day out with a bit of a chill around.  

An amiable atmosphere to meet some new faces.  If we keep boosting our numbers we may even overtake the Krew.   Cool

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum