BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   I'm back..... Empty I'm back..... Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:11 am

73MOH

73MOH
Silver member
Silver member
Hi everyone....
Some of the SE Qld riders might remember me and my k100rs that I sold after back surgery a couple of years ago... well I missed that bike (and the back has healed) so today I bought a K1100LT Very Happy.

Unfortunately it looks like it needs a new clutch, so its gonna see some bench time, but at least it'll get a good once over before hitting the road..

I rode home today about 80km's and instantly felt very comfortable and relaxed with the the big k's familiar and predictable handling and power delivery, and as I was hoping, it seems the extra plushness in the rear shock and upright seating position will bee sore back friendly .... I think I'm going like this bike alot.

Anyway I'm sure I will have some questions regarding new clutches etc. in the very near future and hopefully catch up for a ride not too far away..... 

it really is great to be a k rider once again.... here's a pic..... cheers PaulI'm back..... 20180710

2005 KTM990sd

2Back to top Go down   I'm back..... Empty Re: I'm back..... Sat Jul 21, 2018 3:18 am

Chocolate

Chocolate
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome back Paul.
Enjoy your rides.

Cheers from Germany

3Back to top Go down   I'm back..... Empty Re: I'm back..... Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:01 am

charlie99

charlie99
VIP
VIP
welcome back Paul

looks a great bike ...enjoy mate !!

'86 K100 RT..#0090401 ..."Gerty" ( Gertrude Von Clickandshift ) --------O%O
'86 k100 rs.. #######..  "Fred " (f(rame) red ) ( Fredrick leichtundschnell ) - -
bits and pieces from many kind friends across the k100 world ...with many thanks ..
1987 k100rs ########   "Red"  - (red sports rs TWB style )
1989 K100rt #009637   "Black Betty"  (naked rt ala Nigel , now sporting an rs main fairing )

4Back to top Go down   I'm back..... Empty Re: I'm back..... Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:20 am

TacKler

TacKler
Life time member
Life time member
Good to see you back Paul.

5Back to top Go down   I'm back..... Empty Re: I'm back..... Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:23 pm

DeRodster

DeRodster
Life time member
Life time member
Good man Paul,
Having just put my K1100 back on the road after a long winter and fixing the gearbox grub screw that had come adrift i can appreciate your clutch dilemma.
Before you rush into taking her apart , just make sure the adjustment has been done correctly
You need to get down under and make sure the clutch activation lever and cable slack is done correctly.
Might save you some time

Enjoy the ride, its rather nice :-)

Rod

1974 Triumph 3TA / 5TA
1974 Honda 100
1969 Honda 50

6Back to top Go down   I'm back..... Empty Re: I'm back..... Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:01 pm

Crazy Frog

Crazy Frog
admin
admin
Welcome back Paul,
Apparently, no surgeon will try a K-Pox surgery. Very Happy

7Back to top Go down   I'm back..... Empty Re: I'm back..... Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:25 pm

duck

duck
Life time member
Life time member
K-Pox may go into remission but it's always there. 

WelKome back.

Once you get your LT sorted you'll have a great bike.

http://www.ClassicKBikes.com

8Back to top Go down   I'm back..... Empty Re: I'm back..... Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:58 pm

Rick G

Rick G
admin
admin
WelKome back Paul glad to hear the back is good enough to ride again.
I don't think I realized how much I would miss riding until I found myself in that position with my back.

9Back to top Go down   I'm back..... Empty Re: I'm back..... Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:08 am

brickrider2

brickrider2
Life time member
Life time member
I can certainly relate to your story.  I sold a K100RS, later realized how much I missed riding a K-bike, then bought a K1100LT.  I'm really, really pleased with the machine  cheers

10Back to top Go down   I'm back..... Empty Re: I'm back..... Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:44 am

blacKbricK

blacKbricK
Silver member
Silver member
Nice K Paul.
What area do you live in ? I'm at Mooloolah Valley. Sunshine Coast.

Regards. John.

11Back to top Go down   I'm back..... Empty Re: I'm back..... Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:35 pm

73MOH

73MOH
Silver member
Silver member
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome back...
Yes the pox has returned, denial is no longer an option.

12Back to top Go down   I'm back..... Empty Re: I'm back..... Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:08 pm

MartinW

MartinW
Life time member
Life time member
Welcome back, you could try joining K Pox anonymous, or just admit your addiction and live with it. I'm back..... 610153
Regards Martin.

13Back to top Go down   I'm back..... Empty Re: I'm back..... Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:20 pm

73MOH

73MOH
Silver member
Silver member
blacKbricK wrote:Nice K Paul.
What area do you live in ? I'm at Mooloolah Valley. Sunshine Coast.

Regards. John.
Hi John.... I live in Logan.

14Back to top Go down   I'm back..... Empty Re: I'm back..... Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:45 pm

73MOH

73MOH
Silver member
Silver member
RicK G wrote:WelKome back Paul glad to hear the back is good enough to ride again.
I don't think I realized how much I would miss riding until I found myself in that position with my back.
Hi Rick... How is your back now? Hopefully on the mend.....

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum