BMW K bikes (Bricks)

You are not connected. Please login or register

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Back to top Go down   Greetings From Sunny Boston Empty Greetings From Sunny Boston Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:07 pm

Chickenstrips

Chickenstrips
Greetings From Sunny Boston Img_4610
Hi K100 Newb from Boston. Buying first K bike tomorrow am a 1985 K100 with 15k miles.  Wahooo.

2Back to top Go down   Greetings From Sunny Boston Empty New Fuel Pump But.. Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:20 pm

Chickenstrips

Chickenstrips
So I picked up this new toy today a 1985 K100 with just under 15k miles. Pretty nice shape, just dirty. PO had it for ten years and put about 3k miles on it. He just last year replaced fuel pump and all related parts. Tank looks super clean. After driving it home on trailer in 2 hours of rain, it would not start, with 20 tries, even tho it did when I picked it up. Pulled the plugs and they were soaked with that lacquer smell of old gas tank gas, cleaned plugs with compressed air and carb cleaner spray and shot carb cleaner in cycles and it fired right up. Smoked white smoke like a forest fire for a few minutes, but eventually ran clean. Now it stumbles at 4k. Prepared to do whatever rehab work is necessary. But I have only rebuilt 70s bikes so all this hi tech injector stuff has me back at square one. Looking forward to learning here. 
Greetings From Sunny Boston Img_4611

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum